MPN: WTG9032WF

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Fantastic Machine

We received our Machine towards the end of June 2019.

We set it up, made the initial wash with nothing in to clean out any manufacture residues.

We are two adults and two children.

I am a cleaner and will change my clothes on average three times per day. Some jobs I break from morning to evening which makes for a lot of washing.

On average, we wash three times per day, most often on full loads.

Suffice to say, we use the washing machine hard and often.

It is now 13th of September 2019, and we have found that the machine washes our clothes beautifully.

The machine has two large lint filters inside the drum, and they appear to have a stainless mesh. I can see them lasting the life of the machine. They also do a great job catching all the lint.

The control panel is all nice and flashy touch button with a digital display.

The lid is glass. You can simply close the lid and it eases down by itself without slamming closed.

I did read the other reviews regarding the internal depth, and my wife did mention that it was really deep to get to the bottom, although me being 6’1, don’t notice. Besides this, my wife and I are overly happy with this machine.

The depth issue cannot be blamed on the manufacturer as any prospective buyers need to do their homework. A shorter depth would obviously mean a wider machine and would not have worked for us.

All in all, I would highly recommend this machine.

Purchased in June 2019 at Appliances Online for $897.00.

Too tall to technical

I'm 5 foot 8 with a bad back and have trouble reaching the bottom of this washing machine it has a lot of technology too many buttons to push too many buttons that never get it right. Smart technology can't get it right by itself with the water level always having to be manually adjusted. my tank water ran out and it was not smart enough to tell me that it wasn't getting any water, go figure. But that was the only easy part for this washing machine was turning the water on. Yes the tub is large, good point. It takes longer to wash as it thinks and clanks around trying to determine what it's going to do. I hate that it doesn't have a one rinse wash, you have to select it manually otherwise it will do a minimum of two rinses who does to rinse is on tank water and in Australia with our dry climate it has up to 5 rinses ridiculous. I like the glass lid that you can see in but overall not enough to like to want to keep this machine when it starts the stuff up when it's out of warranty it's going to the tip.

Looks good, but impractical

This machine has three major problems...
1. It is too tall, anyone under 180cm will have trouble getting clothes out of it. (I suspect that includes the vast majority of women?)
2. The automatic wash cycles NEVER put in enough water, so the machine is frustrating to use.
3. The manual wash cycles are derived from the automatic cycles, so it is impossible to create a completely customised wash cycle. So, for example, if you want to use a gentle wash action, you can only have a low water volume! Why?

Purchased in January 2019 at Appliances Online for $800.00.

Replaced lid twice & less than 12 months old

I have had the machine for less than 12 mths. Have just had the lid replaced for the 2nd time since 6 weeks ago as its has cracked underneath where the hinge is. Totally brole 1st time & wouldn't close. Just from normal open & closing. The wash cycles are longer & clothes look like they aren't rinsed properly despite 2 rinse cycles. On fuller loads they often get tangled up. Bought as no agitator so thought it would have more room. It's good for fitting more towels in & sheets, but sometimes stops from overbalancing.

Purchased in June 2018.

Happy Customer

Works great, extremely fast spin for quick drying of clothing once hung. I recommend against using top spin speed for delicates as can overstretch them just a little, which makes the other spin options great as well. Plenty of settings and options. Lint filter is also very easy to remove and clean between washes.

Worst washing machine and service -we have ever encountered! Do not buy!!

3 month old washing machine and it’s left 30 garments with an oily slimey stain on all of them. Ruined all our kids Xmas clothes. Asked Harvey Norman to help, they referred us to LG. Lg are blaming soap - and giving us major run arounds - telling us to stand on one leg, try dishwasher tablets each week for 4 weeks...to try vinegar then sodium, etc etc etc. old machine did t ever have trouble...our borrowed machine isn’t having issues. This oily stain is coming from the machine itself...Elec repair person has looked at machine and said he’s never seen anything like it...with 4 kids, we need washing machine and we are now 5 weeks without knowing what is going on. Heard today from Retailer (Harvey Norman)that LG now don’t want to know about it, so they will try something. Not good enough. Looks like going to small claims court now - for refund of machine and replacement of ruined clothes. Be warned - LG will not stand by their products.

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store.

Don't buy it!

I do loads from ordinary clothing, sheets and towels through to doonas, woollen blankets and delicate silks.
I bought this machine due to the huge drum meaning more washing space but have been very disappointed. It doesn't clean anything properly so I end up having to soak then wash. There is no woollen cycle so I used the delicate cycle to wash a mohair blanket that had been washed many times in my previous machine. In the LG it has shrunk and I have been left with a matted mess.
I used the doona cycle for a king single doona. Plenty of room for it but it too has been destroyed. A cotton doona where all its filling has now separated. This doona had been washed over and over in my previous machine with no ill effects.
The delicate cycle leaves your clothing literally dripping wet. You can't use warm water, you can't change the spin and you can't go use less than 3 on water level. At lot of delicates require warm water not cold.
All the cycles take ridiculous amounts of time and despite using next to zero washing detergent the clothes etc never seem rinse clean completely.
The buttons at the front mean that when you lean over the machine you will reset or cancel your wash.
I used the same brand for many years and was talked into buying the LG.
I so wish I had stuck with my previous brand. I never thought an appliance would make me quite this miserable.
Pros: Large drum (that I can't actually touch the bottom of)
Cons: Everything

Date PurchasedSep 2018

A reasonably good top load washing machine.

When our 20 year old Speed Queen started looking a little worse for wear we felt we had come to a point where it should be replaced. We wanted a top loader with at least 8 kg capacity and was water and energy efficient. We seriously thought about replacing our old washer with a new Speed Queen, but after some evaluation we decided to downscale and choose something affordable and more energy efficient than the Speed Queen.
The LG WTG9032WF was on special and ticked some of the boxes we wanted.

It is not as energy efficient as we would have liked at 2.5 star (135kW/year cold wash and 620 KW/year hot wash) but it is still more efficient than the old Speed Queen it was replacing.

Water usage is good at 4.5 star and only 93 liters/wash. That box was ticked.

It has a 9 kg drum which is slightly bigger than what we were looking for.

The washing machine comes with a mobile phone app which will permit you to remote start the washer before getting home from work. When the washer is finished it will notify you through the app. Errors are also sent to the app. This feature can be useful at times, like starting the washer during the day so the solar panels provide power for the washer.

We have found the automatic water sensor tends to get the water selection wrong 50% of the time. This requires that you manually add water to the level you deem reasonable. This can be frustrating when you are in a rush or forget as it tends to cause detergent to cling to the clothes as it can't fully dissolve.

We have had the washer almost 5 months now and we are reasonably happy with its performance.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Strongly suggest you do not buy

Sadly this is the worse washing machine I have ever owned - & I've had about 6 machines. This machine leaves lint all over the clothes, leaves scum in the bottom of the machine, black loads are especially bad (white not so bad), because brown scum & white lint is left over black loads. It is a terrible washing machine. waste of hard earned money. Also seriously disappointed in the fact that LG have not gotten back to me to discuss issues.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Ripped

Knots, ripped cloths, longer washing time, in a nutshell please avoid. LG Tech comes and submits incorrect report saying i overloaded while i actually loaded below the mentioned line. 20th century technology in 21st century. Knots, ripped cloths, longer washing time, in a nutshell please avoid. I wash just standard house hold cloths.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Gŕeat you can change water levels to suit wash

Love it. You can select you own water levels even in mid cycle, just pause it, with a see through lid to check on water level (hate water sensors) & change (does not empty & restart
like my old Samsung. Select any cycle you want & so quiet (I put anti vibration mat under to protect any hidden vibrations & protect. I'm 5.6 average height but find it a bit deep to get clothes out but it's not too bad, better than bending down to a front loader. On that its a front loader but upright. And no agitator (they do not tangle clothes) Loving this washing machine. The best :)

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Clothes end up in knots!!!!

Worst machine I've owned in 30 years. I've had this machine for about 4 Months now.
The wash quality is very poor, marks and stains don't come out at all.
When the wash is finished it leaves the clothes so tightly tangled you spend 5 mins just undoing the knots, can't be good for the clothes. One almost new towel actually ripped about 10 cm deep, I couldn't believe my eyes.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Do not buy this machine - renamed model to WTF

Purchased this machine after being very happy with previous LG washing machine (that we had for almost 18 years). This new machine leaves lint and detergent marks all over clothing, cycles take too long, quick wash does not spin clothes well. I have contacted LG twice and have been recommended to only wash on hot, not to use detergent dispenser, and to add additional water to each load to improve the wash quality- has LG technology Deteriorated in the last 10 years? We did not spend $1000 to spend more time in the laundry rewashing clothes by hand. Do not buy this product, we're so disappointed with our choice. Life is not good with LG

Date PurchasedApr 2018