Liebherr SBSes 7353

Liebherr SBSes 7353 Questions & Answers

7 questions from our users

Andrew Chamen

Andrew Chamenasked

Has this fridge got an internal filter or external?

Hi Andrew,

This appliances does not come with an internal or external water filer for the automatic ice-maker. If you do wish to install an external water filter, there is a kit as an optional extra that is purchasable from our Spare Parts department on 1300 650 020.

Warm regards,
Taneille
Andi-Co Customer Care
1300 650 020

Normfav

Normfavasked

Liebherr SBSes 7353 BIO FRESH PREMIUM - who here has one and is very happy with it ? Too many bad reviews outweighing the good !

wingchunman71

wingchunman71asked

We have a Liebherr side by side fridge, the fridge is going strong and we love it, but the door handle broke off years ago and got replaced, and broken again many years ago, we got too sick of it so just left the fridge without handles. The fridge now needs serious maintenance, new plastic drawers, new handles, new seals. Can a Liebherr official help?

JONH
JONH

I suggest you contact Andico in Oakleigh

Hi Wingchunman71,

Please call me on 1300 650 020, option 2 for Customer Care at Andi-Co Australia and reference this Product Review.

Warm regards,
Taneille
And-Co Customer Care

Preciousasked

Can you explain why my freezer caught Fire? And mine is not the only one

Epearls
Epearls

That's any easy one- it's the badly built compressor with cheap components which leaks gases.

After emailing andico
Item was replaced VERY QUICKLY

madlambs

madlambsasked

Liebherr SBSes 7085216-00

Looking to find a replacement plastic egg tray shelf cover located in the upper most part of the right side door. I can not see a part number on the actual tray itself so hoping my disruption is adequate.

How does one go about this?

Martin

Hi Martin,

You can contact our Spare Parts department on 1300 650 020 (option 3) or spares@andico.com.au for assistance.

Kind regards.
Customer Care Team
Andi-Co Australia

Karen

Karenasked

Where can I buy replacement crisper s and door handles for the liebherr fridge?

Ravshan

Not sure - the first step would be to contact your retailer I guess. Good luck with the fridge (and I mean "good luuuuck").

emptypockets

Doubt there would be anywhere to purchase crispers and handles. The models have changed. They could not repair our 5 years old freezer, the after sales service/repair is non existent, don't have any strategy in place. Andico 1800685899 were the importers for the expensive rubbish.

Gretsch

Gretschasked

are all the models made in brazil.....?
has the handle problem been resolved?
Are service Issues with this unit related to insufficient training of techs, as well as design and manufacturing problems?
Has anyone had any direct contact with Liebherr as too these problems...... It seems to me the Australian agency has a lot to answer ........

emptypockets

Hi Vince, Our freezer stopped working a couple of months out of warranty, we called Liebherr for recommendation with regards to service from Newcastle 80 km away, the first call told us that these unit was unrepairable and not to waste our time with it, this in fact turned out to be true, Without the assistance from Winning Appliances Newcastle we would never had been able to contact a rep from Liebherr, we spoke to the State Sales Manager who offered us a discount on a new fridge and freezer/biofresh as our freezer could not be repaired . This confirms that not only have they serious design and manufacturing faults, they have no service techs.

Ravshan

My understanding is the fridges are made in Germany partially, eg the casing is made in Germany, certain parts might be as well, the fridge may be assembled in Germany, but they are not 100% German-made. To my amazement I saw 'Made in Brazil' at the back of the fridge and was incredibly disappointed as we had paid for German engineering (or at least thought we had). Re technical/manufacturing faults, I believe there are definite deficiencies with Liebherr units, hence my advice to avoid these fridges.

blueytoo
blueytoo

So much misinformation on this web site.

Liebherr refrigeration appliances are made in Malaysia, Austria, Germany and Bulgaira. Germany makes "high quality fridges and freezers".
See http://www.liebherr.com/en/deu/about-liebherr/company-profile/business-areas/domestic-appliances/domestic-appliances.html

Our SBSes7353 pair is clearly marked "Made in Germany" on the carton and on the manufacturers plate, which is easily accessible on the inside left of the case at the bottom after pulling out the bottom drawer. If one reads the Choice article on country of origin, many manufacturers have parts made all over the world.

The compressors are sourced from Embraco, a Brazilian company, majority but not totally owned by Whirlpool, USA. The freezer compressor Embraco VEMZ9C is "Made in Brazil" - a variable speed compressor. The fridge compressor Embraco EMX26CLC is not marked with a country of origin that I can find yet. Embraco has factories in Brazil, Italy, China and Slovakia. As far as I can find, Embraco makes the most efficient compressors around. (For comparison, Danfoss compressors widely regarded as very good have now moved to SECOP, German company with factories in Austria, Slovenia, Slovakia and in China. I couldn't find they make one as efficient as the Embraco in the freezer.)

The quality of all the parts I have seen is very good. Time will tell how well the non-German compressors last. Due to random manufacturing processes, some parts will slip through that will fail early.

It appears that Miele fridges and freezers also come from the German Liebherr appliance factory. Many of the parts are identical and a review of models and features will show many more similarities than differences. Miele corporate information does not describe any of the Miele factories manufacturing fridges or freezers.

Get an answer from our members and Liebherr representatives