MPN: 3014593

See the Best Portable Speakers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Using it now as i review!!

Bought on special as discontinued, newer model inbound. Was important to have a smash-proof and waterproof speaker as young kids are rough.
Good sound for the price.
Bluetooth doesn't drop out.
Dedicated app on Android or Apple app stores, to control sound and equaliser.
Great battery.
Only issue is the charging connector seems fragile. Takes a few goes to correctly insert supplied usb male connector into female on device.
Will look at another bigger one soon, from UE. Maybe MegaBass.......
Edit: I love the inbuilt hook as well, to put a carabena through and hook anywhere. For me it's my backpack!!

Purchased in September 2018 at jbhifi kotara for $129.00.

Awesome portable speakers

Very handy small but powerful portable speakers.
Great quality sounds
Long life battery
Quick charge
Cool design and features
Very easy to set up and connect to your device via bluetooth or aux cord

I have it for 2yrs now

Purchased in January 2017 at JB Hi-Fi.

Can't live without mine

Waterproof, good and clear sound, extremely resistant. What else would I expect from a a sound box? Nothing. I love mine, maybe I will just update it to the new models, but excellent work of UE.

Purchased in May 2018 at Officeworks for $130.00.

Shocking after service within warranty period

Purchased for our daughter for Xmas only 2 months ago from Harvey Norman
Pulled the charging cord from the speaker and the end of the cord came apart
Harvey Norman phoned them and they apparently said it was the way it was pulled out
What a load of garbage
They said that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty
We purchased it 2 months ago!!!

Wouldn’t buy this garbage again

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Great speaker that is waterproof and very portable

The UE boom 2 is great for a loud and portable speaker, because it has great quality of noise and also can be connected to other UE booms to make it louder. overall a great speaker! It is waterproof so it can sit next to a pool or near the shower without being damaged, and it is also drop resistant so it doesn't get damaged when it is dropped.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Absolute frustration

The eu boom by far has been the most frustrating piece of technology I have ever used. The wire cable that recharged the unit is fragile and breaks - the unit disconnects all the time. We purchased 5 of these and had the same experience with all. I seriously think there are better options available.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love this portable speaker

I just love this portable speaker, It produces good sound and bass for its intended purpose. I mainly use the Boom 2 on trail rides with my cycling group, it keeps the whole group entertained connected via my mobile phone device.
In fact two other members have gone out and purchased their own. I highly recommend it, and when on special its a great deal.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

A great and solid speaker

Our first Bluetooth speaker and couldn’t be happier. The Boom is rugged as and perfect for our home, at work, or out and about. It’s light and easy to carry around when travelling and has a great sound with most genres of music we have tried. Battery life is also impressive!

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Small music box with big sound

We’ve had our UE Boom for over a month. Connection and operation smooth and very easy to follow instructions. Surprised on how loud it can get for such a small speaker and longevity with the battery while in use. Very clear sound, we use ours everyday. Must have versitile speaker for music lovers.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Ultimate Ears Boom 2

Love the product good quality and amazing sound for such a portable speaker.
Looks tiny but produces lot of sound.
Battery life is fantastic.
Ease of use.
App works fantastic too.

Date PurchasedSep 2018

perfect travel mate

Bought this from a gumtree seller. Price was very cheap. But never expected this sort of quality sound effect. Has been with me for the past 1 year and I always use it while cleaning house. makes me go crazy. Charging is quite good and can listen to songs for a while.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Not a bad product works with ease.

I've used both the UE boom 2 and JBL Charge 3. I ended up purchasing the Boom 2 It's small compact design is great for storing in my car glove box. But it WILL NOT charge your phone as you play like the JBL charge 3 will do. I use it when camping and the sound level is great for that purpose. The sound is as expected from a small driver very tinny with little to no bass response from the speaker. It has the ability to adjust the equalizer via the App and is something I done straight away as the factory settings are terrible. I like warm sounding music try these settings Bass 0, 5, Mid -3,-4 Treble -3. That's the best sound I could find.
The charge port is narrow on the unit but will fit other thin micro USB charges such as the Samsung S2 Charger and most thin chargers found in Kmart and Target. People report they can't find aftermarket charges to charge the Boom 2. I think they need to open their eyes and have a little look around.

All in all is a great unit. would be great if UE made a subwoofer to link with the unit.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Sounded good, did not last more than a couple of weeks

It sounded good, although I was a bit nonplussed when it grabbed my phone calls. Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but I would have liked an instruction leaflet, mentioning that there was eg, an ap to download.

But it all went bad when it stopped charging. How can the UE Boom 2 know that you have plugged in the connection cord and connected it to the power, but still tell you that it won't charge up because the power connection hasn't been made? It knows what you want to do, it can tell you have plugged it in, but it refuses to comply and tells you so, in a polite female voice. It defies logic. I went on Youtube and tried the various suggested contortions of pressing several buttons at once, but this didn't work.

I took it back to JB Hi-Fi and there was no problem at all about getting an immediate refund, although there was the expected recitation about me being the first person ever that this has happened to. I get that a lot. Now I've got a JBL one from JB HiFi and it is really good so far.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

A great way to play music.

Had this for over a year now and really happy with it. Can take it with me wherever I go - shower, pool, in the garage and can play my music. Great sound and gets a high volume with quality of sound out of it. Definitely worth buying one to play your music.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Excellent Sound

Great sound, in a compact package. The app is easy to use, battery lasts, loud enough for BBQs and party. Can't fault this device, thinking about purchasing another to pair them. I totally recommend this speaker to all, easy setup and pair with multiple devices. Paid ~ $150 AUD so good value for money also.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Stunning sound for this size

Very good sound, great bass, esp. considering the size. Very happy with this unit.
Waterproof and drop proof are a bonus.
I need good sound for a small group of people (~20), this does it with capacity to spare.
It charges quickly.
The Android app and ability to remote control, including equalizer are also very handy.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

It doesn’t make sense, it shouldn’t sound this good!

I am not one to shy away from spending money on good sound system/speakers. Anyway decided to get the ue boom 2 as they were on sale for 150 dollars and I needed something water proof for pool parties... I didn’t have any great expectations regarding sound quality but gotta say I’m blown away by how good this sounds and it’s ability to fill a room with rich deep sound is increadible. A friend came over with his JBL flip and was embarrassed at how much better this sounds. Hope this company makes multi room audio system they would give Sonos a run for their money.

Date PurchasedJul 2017

great speaker and very loud and sturdy

Owned this speaker for about a year before I lost it. Very happy with its performance and would recommend it to anybody. Battery life is good and volume as well. Charges quickly and Bluetooth interface was very simple and straight forward to setup. Bought a Bose SoundLink Mini but did not compare to the UE boom 2.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fantastic sound, long battery life!

This speaker has awesome sound and the battery life is so good. I've used it for a few parties now and have taken it to the beach and it's literally lasted for the best part of 6 hours with constant use. It's also obviously super easy to carry anywhere which I super enjoy.

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Very nice loud sound, has become crackely occasionally

Very nice sound from this device, very good quality Bluetooth connection, but the music / sound is sometimes crackly when connected through bluetooth or aux cable. Charge lasts for a very long time for a device like this, UE boom is even good to have on low volume while you're resting with quiet background music!

Date PurchasedJan 2016