Logitech UE BOOM 2

Logitech UE BOOM 2

MPNs: 3014593, 3014594, 4606267 and 4 more
See the Best Portable Speakers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Logitech

Pros

Quick and easy to pair
Lightweight and simple to carry
Great connectivity range

Mick2676
Mick2676AU

So impressed I bought a second one

Four years old now and no faults, I'm listening to more music lately so thought I might upgrade to something better, in the end I just purchased a second one as this will pair up for stereo. Great battery life, great sound although it helps if you place the speaker against a wall or something to enhance its bass and overall quality. There is a reason why speakers were built in wooden boxes. In the kitchen to rolling around in the bottom of the boat, it just works well. Happy to endorse it.

Purchased in .

Stuart
StuartSydney, NSW

Easy to connect

Bought this Black colour version as it was being reduced for clearance at my local Kmart for $50! It is quite heavy for the size, has a solid construction and feeling. It connects easily by bluetooth, power reserve is adequate for my use at average volume. Enough features (built in mic) and a useful app. I found the sound quality is a bit disappointing as I was expecting a lot more bass, but small size is no doubt the key here. Could also do with a shorter recharge time. I would recommend this because of the size, plus the sound quality is a lot better than my laptop speakers.

Purchased in at Kmart for $50.

Ash
AshMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Çlear sound and quick bluetooth connection

So happy with the UE boom that we have had for at least 4 years now.
Super quick bluetooth connection.
Good amount of bass.

If I am to be picky about some things that can be improved, there are two areas:
1: If your phone rings while you are playing music the caller has a really bizarre experience where their voice comes through the speaker and they cannot actually hear you on the other end. To solve this I just immediately turn off bluetooth when my phone starts to ring.
2: It would be great to have fm radio rather than streaming from a radio app then through the speakers.

Aside from this, super happy with my speaker... I am considering getting a second one for work.

Purchased at Dick Smith for $250.

mandrake51
mandrake51Illawarra, NSW

Pumps Out the Bass!

We have 2 of these - one purchased from Bing Lee and one through Kogan. Both are working well and we have linked them together to form a true stereo sound. Batteries last and no problems so far. Only issue was that I was sent an English power plug with the UE when I purchased it through Kogan and they refused to change it for an Australian plug! Not happy Jane!

Purchased in at Bing Lee for $125.

Kim
KimNorth Queensland, QLD

DO NOT BUY

I charge it so I can use it in the future; and whether it be 3 days or 3 weeks, I then preparedly go to use it and it lasts for approx 25 minutes, no more, I need to find another brand and buy.
I don’t understand the charge because I bought it to play wireless via bluetooth for at least a couple of hours and it doesn’t do that, so I think I may need a new brand. Sorry, but being a single mum and saving up for this, it is devastating and was just a bit of a waste for me so a little disappointing.....sorry but thank you.

Purchased in at Myer for $150.

Hannah M.
Hannah M.

Great Product!!!

Bought this back in 2016 and has stood the test of time!

Key Points to note:
- DURABLE: I have dropped from the table many times over 4 years with no affect to sound quality or connectivity.
- SOUND QUALITY: When comparing to more recent models of UE Boom, there is no considerable difference in sound quality.
Full, 'non-tinny' sound for all genres of music.
- CONNECTIVITY: the range of connectivity in these things are amazing! Can walk upstairs without my iPhone8+ disconnecting or glitching.

Purchased in at JBHIFI.

• Incentivised Review No

Do not buy these speakers !!!

Australian customers Do not buy these speakers. Logitech the manufacturer have no repair center in Australia and no speaker repair people will touch them as they are not worth it. Whilst its ok if they are in warranty as soon as they are out you are basically left with a piece of tech junk. When they work the speakers are great but just be warned of the after care.

Purchased at apple for $499.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
JEFF
JEFFNEWCASTLE NSW

Using it now as i review!!

Bought on special as discontinued, newer model inbound. Was important to have a smash-proof and waterproof speaker as young kids are rough.
Good sound for the price.
Bluetooth doesn't drop out.
Dedicated app on Android or Apple app stores, to control sound and equaliser.
Great battery.
Only issue is the charging connector seems fragile. Takes a few goes to correctly insert supplied usb male connector into female on device.
Will look at another bigger one soon, from UE. Maybe MegaBass.......
Edit: I love the inbuilt hook as well, to put a carabena through and hook anywhere. For me it's my backpack!!

Purchased in at jbhifi kotara for $129.

Awesome portable speakers

Very handy small but powerful portable speakers.
Great quality sounds
Long life battery
Quick charge
Cool design and features
Very easy to set up and connect to your device via bluetooth or aux cord

I have it for 2yrs now

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi.

Seve T.
Seve T.Perth, WA

Can't live without mine

Waterproof, good and clear sound, extremely resistant. What else would I expect from a a sound box? Nothing. I love mine, maybe I will just update it to the new models, but excellent work of UE.

Purchased in at Officeworks for $130.

Mike
MikeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Shocking after service within warranty period

Purchased for our daughter for Xmas only 2 months ago from Harvey Norman
Pulled the charging cord from the speaker and the end of the cord came apart
Harvey Norman phoned them and they apparently said it was the way it was pulled out
What a load of garbage
They said that it wouldn’t be covered under warranty
We purchased it 2 months ago!!!

Wouldn’t buy this garbage again

imo33
imo33Australia

Great speaker that is waterproof and very portable

The UE boom 2 is great for a loud and portable speaker, because it has great quality of noise and also can be connected to other UE booms to make it louder. overall a great speaker! It is waterproof so it can sit next to a pool or near the shower without being damaged, and it is also drop resistant so it doesn't get damaged when it is dropped.

Jasonc
Jasonc

Absolute frustration

The eu boom by far has been the most frustrating piece of technology I have ever used. The wire cable that recharged the unit is fragile and breaks - the unit disconnects all the time. We purchased 5 of these and had the same experience with all. I seriously think there are better options available.

mark
markGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this portable speaker

I just love this portable speaker, It produces good sound and bass for its intended purpose. I mainly use the Boom 2 on trail rides with my cycling group, it keeps the whole group entertained connected via my mobile phone device.
In fact two other members have gone out and purchased their own. I highly recommend it, and when on special its a great deal.

Nick H
Nick HPerth

A great and solid speaker

Our first Bluetooth speaker and couldn’t be happier. The Boom is rugged as and perfect for our home, at work, or out and about. It’s light and easy to carry around when travelling and has a great sound with most genres of music we have tried. Battery life is also impressive!

Wolfchild
Wolfchildasked

All the lights are on but it won't play, what's wrong?

Gabser

Sounds like a connection issue - make sure the bluetooth is matched with the music device.

Sothereyougo
Sothereyougo

Have you downloaded the android app you need to control the music? If so, don't know what else. Mine failed to charge and I swapped for a JBL.

Gabriel
Gabrielasked

Where can I get replacement parts for it?

Gabser

You'd need to contact Logitech and ask them.

Brad Mc
Brad Mc

google it: https://www.google.com/search?q=ue+boom+replacement+parts&client=firefox-b&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi7pOvLutTbAhWLi7wKHeuSAY8QsxgIJg&biw=1536&bih=700

Stan the manasked

Could you please tell me how I can connect this UE BOOM 2 to my UNIDEN XDEC Cordless phone?T8155
Thanks Stan

Stan the man

Is it possible to blue tooth to a cordless phone? Stan

bpm
bpm

No, the UE Boom and the Uniden use different wireless technology (the UE uses Bluetooth, the Uniden does not).

Thankyou bpm. I really appreciate your comments. Stan the Man

Get an answer from our members and Logitech representatives

Features:

• The Logitech UE BOOM 2 offers up immersive 360° sound so that you get big, bold sound to accompany you whether you’re listening to a podcast, creating the mood on a camping trip, or energising a party.
  • It’s crafted from premium materials, making it tough enough to withstand more rugged adventures while still looking sleek and stylish.
  • The speaker is waterproof with an IPX7 rating, so you can see the world and get it wet, muddy, snow-covered or just plain old beat up - and it’s designed to still work.
  • You can pair and party by using the UE BOOM app to wirelessly connect to 150 or more other compatible UE speakers.
  • This product gives you up to 15 hours of battery life between charges, with a charge time of 2.5 hours.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the Logitech UE BOOM 2 was quick and easy to connect via Bluetooth.
  • They also found that it was lightweight, compact, and easy to carry around, making it great for hikes, camps, and other adventures.
  • According to reviewers, the speaker has a great range of connectivity. Users were able to walk around the house and up and down stairs without it glitching or disconnecting from their paired device.
CategoryPortable Speakers
Connectivity Options3.5mm Jack (AUX), Bluetooth and MicroUSB
FeaturesApp Control, Multiple Speaker Pairing and Water Resistant
Voice ControlGoogle Assistant
Battery Life15 hours
Charging Time2.5 hours
Dimensions 180 x 67 x 67 mm
Weight548 grams
Colour / FinishBrainfreeze, Cherrybomb, Phantom, Tropical, Afterhours, Cashmere, Cityscape, Lilac, Stone
Replaced byLogitech UE BOOM 3
  • GTIN12: 097855116239
  • MPN: 3014593, 3014594, 4606267, 984-000581, 984-000583, 984-001060 and 984-001655
  • GTIN13: 5099206065871 and 5099206074835