Logitech UE MEGABOOM

Logitech UE MEGABOOM

MPNs: 2737888, 2901955, 984-000483 and 3 more
See the Best Portable Speakers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Logitech

Pros

Clear sound and heavy bass
High Bluetooth range
Tough and resilient build

Cons

Can be difficult to charge over time

It's just out of warranty and now won't recharge on any cable.

I've used original cable and others, tried the fridge, resetting, useless piece of garbage.
It simply refuses to recharge.
Why do I have to write at least 30 words?
Ok so useless, useless, useless, useless....

Purchased in .

Luke T.
Luke T.Illawarra, NSW

I won one, and its the best thing I have ever won

best portable speaker you could hope for. I cant comment on value, but the quality is first rate. Looks, feels and most importantly sounds great. And you dont have to mollycoddle it when on the road.

Purchased in .

Wayne M.
Wayne M.Perth, WA

Stay away.

Purchased in for $150.

Craig B
Craig BCentral Queensland, QLD

Failed within warranty time

Worked well for 10 months then internal components decided to perish. Can’t even use the speaker now due to excessive distortion. Was always super careful with this speaker, had never been exposed to water or full volume. Disappointed. Received the run around with a potential claim.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi.

TKJSBH
TKJSBHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Music where I want it!

Love this device!
Great sound, tough and resilient and the battery outlasts my demand every time.
Its compact and easy to carry. I don't have to worry about it getting slightly wet.
One star off as the battery charge doesnt hold well if I havent used for a couple of weeks?

Overall, very happy with purchase

Purchased in at Joyce Mayne.

PplLiveInSydney
PplLiveInSydney

Nice sound for a portable speaker

I brought it on sale in JB Hifi at 140. the quality and value are good. and it also supports connect a different device. the sound quality is good for a rented single room. and the bass is not so bad. and it has various color.

Purchased in at JB Hi-Fi for $140.

Gibbo
GibboPerth, WA

Battery replacement

Battery would no longer charge after 5 years of service. Phoned Logitech Australia and was told they do not have any service centre for replacing batteries and that aftermarket batteries are not sold. So, I was faced with the choice of buying a new speaker or searching for a new battery myself. Found a new battery on the internet in Australia for $53.90. Logitech customer support lied. So now I don’t have to buy a new speaker. Very poor service and information from Logitech. YouTube video clearly shows the battery replacement procedure. Hope this helps people not to have to buy a whole new speaker. Product is good but realise you will be replacing the battery after 5 years or buying a whole new speaker. Warranty is 4 years.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman for $275.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
Jess
JessCanberra 2600, ACT

The best purchase I've ever made!

I love the megaboom. I ummmed and ahhhed over buying one for months and the cost is completely justified! I love that the bass is heavy and the music is crystal clear! The speaker at its loudest is so loud! I love that it connects via bluetooth and its a stylish and sleek design.

Michelle Eldridge
Michelle EldridgeSydney, NSW

Nice sound for my grandson

It is packed very well and the box is very funky with bright graphics.Solid feel for a smallish speaker, good size, very portable and easy Bluetooth connection good sound my grandson loves it as it has a fair bit of bass ,I haven’t tried it with classical music yet but would recommend it

Landlubber
LandlubberMelbourne

Great bluetooth speaker ! Superb sound.

Very solid construction. Quite amazing sound from such a compact device. Very happy camper. I see some other reviews complain about battery life. I really have not 'stretched it' so can't comment. Get a Spotify account, your phone and have your music, ad free, anywhere ! Works in the car perfectly. Really interesting to shift speaker around and get different tonal qualities. Fav toy right now ! Was about $220 from JBs. BTW I hear there are bluetooth speakers now where you can hook up several... that may be worth checking. But I'm happy.

Not a 15 hour battery life at all

I just purchased the megaboom and I will agree the sound is Cristal clear. Only it doesn't last 15 hours. I work 12 hour shifts so It should last my entire shift. From fully charged over night, the megaboom only had 10% battery life left 9 hours into my shift. Not happy at all.

Markp
Markp

Great speaker but doesn't last

As a result of its short life span I don't recommend this product. I've had two of these UE Megabooms now and they both only lasted just over a year before they would no longer charge. It's a shame because they are a great little speaker with good audio quality and plenty of volume for the size.

Find out how Logitech UE MEGABOOM compares to other Portable Speakers

The best!!! Highly recommend...

I can't believe such a little portable speaker has such amazing quality sound... Highly recommend. I was hesitant to buy it as I didn't think it would be loud enough for my apartment but I'm so glad I did, Its perfect for my apartment. I would highly recommend... Amazing quality...

TJreview
TJreview

Amazing speaker

For the size and cost the sound is excellent. We use this speaker for small events in the park with a bunch of kids. Despite noise of kids in background he sound is really clear, crisp and high quality. Thee system is robust. Well worth investment.. i am going to buy one for home now.

• Date Purchased

Good speakers...when they work.

Bought 2 UE Megabooms through Harvey Norman. Both worked well to begin with, but one had a faulty battery so I returned it & receved a replacement. The new one also had battery issues & would not charge, so this one was also returned & replaced. Still to try the 3rd one. Harvey Norman were very helpful, commenting on my “bad luck”, to which I replied “or perhaps a bad product?”. Other issues I’ve experienced include speaker turning off at random and battery life of only 3 hours of continuous use. Although one of the first ones I bought is still working well, I cannot recommend this speaker. If you do buy one, make sure it’s from a retailer with a good reputation where it can be easily returned.

• Date Purchased

Get an answer from our members and Logitech representatives

Features:

• The Logitech UE MEGABOOM is a 360° speaker that gives you intensely rich sound.
  • It has connectivity up to 30m and you can use the UE MEGABOOM app to wirelessly connect over 150 BOOM, BOOM 2, BOOM 3, MEGABOOM, and MEGABOOM 3 speakers, making it great for surround sound and parties.
  • The portable speaker is waterproof, so you can take it to the beach, pool, waterfall, or wet camping trip without a worry. If it gets dirty, you can rinse it off.
  • With 20 hours of non-stop music, you can throw a few parties before it needs a charge.
  • You can use the app to download features such as Remove On/Off, Tap Controls, customise the equaliser, and more.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers loved the crystal clear sound of this speaker. They said that the bass was heavy and that it was easy to use the app to set the equaliser to suit any kind of mood or environment.
  • They also found that the speaker had a great Bluetooth range, with some saying that they could easily pair it to their device 25m away.
  • According to reviewers, the speaker is tough and resilient for all kinds of uses. Some reviewers said that they regularly take it into the shower and out in wet conditions and it has stood the test of time.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that after a while, the speaker stopped being able to charge or became very difficult to charge. Among these reviews, this happened both within and outside of the warranty period.
CategoryPortable Speakers