Logitech UE MEGABOOM

Logitech UE MEGABOOM

MPN: 984000483

Battery replacement

Battery would no longer charge after 5 years of service. Phoned Logitech Australia and was told they do not have any service centre for replacing batteries and that aftermarket batteries are not sold. So, I was faced with the choice of buying a new speaker or searching for a new battery myself. Found a new battery on the internet in Australia for $53.90. Logitech customer support lied. So now I don’t have to buy a new speaker. Very poor service and information from Logitech. YouTube video clearly shows the battery replacement procedure. Hope this helps people not to have to buy a whole new speaker. Product is good but realise you will be replacing the battery after 5 years or buying a whole new speaker. Warranty is 4 years.

Purchased in April 2014 at Harvey Norman for $275.00.

If you love quality sound..You will love your megaboom!

-awesome bass
-clear sound
-clarity is amazing
- when volume is at max bass and sound still sound really good
. bonus feature is being able to use features on your phone as well as pair with multiple megabooms..
-multiple colors to choose from

im reviewing the ue megaboom 3.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

The best purchase I've ever made!

I love the megaboom. I ummmed and ahhhed over buying one for months and the cost is completely justified! I love that the bass is heavy and the music is crystal clear! The speaker at its loudest is so loud! I love that it connects via bluetooth and its a stylish and sleek design.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Nice sound for my grandson

It is packed very well and the box is very funky with bright graphics.Solid feel for a smallish speaker, good size, very portable and easy Bluetooth connection good sound my grandson loves it as it has a fair bit of bass ,I haven’t tried it with classical music yet but would recommend it

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Great bluetooth speaker ! Superb sound.

Very solid construction. Quite amazing sound from such a compact device. Very happy camper. I see some other reviews complain about battery life. I really have not 'stretched it' so can't comment. Get a Spotify account, your phone and have your music, ad free, anywhere ! Works in the car perfectly. Really interesting to shift speaker around and get different tonal qualities. Fav toy right now ! Was about $220 from JBs. BTW I hear there are bluetooth speakers now where you can hook up several... that may be worth checking. But I'm happy.

Not a 15 hour battery life at all

I just purchased the megaboom and I will agree the sound is Cristal clear. Only it doesn't last 15 hours. I work 12 hour shifts so It should last my entire shift. From fully charged over night, the megaboom only had 10% battery life left 9 hours into my shift. Not happy at all.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Great speaker but doesn't last

As a result of its short life span I don't recommend this product. I've had two of these UE Megabooms now and they both only lasted just over a year before they would no longer charge. It's a shame because they are a great little speaker with good audio quality and plenty of volume for the size.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

The best!!! Highly recommend...

I can't believe such a little portable speaker has such amazing quality sound... Highly recommend. I was hesitant to buy it as I didn't think it would be loud enough for my apartment but I'm so glad I did, Its perfect for my apartment. I would highly recommend... Amazing quality...

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Amazing speaker

For the size and cost the sound is excellent. We use this speaker for small events in the park with a bunch of kids. Despite noise of kids in background he sound is really clear, crisp and high quality. Thee system is robust. Well worth investment.. i am going to buy one for home now.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Good speakers...when they work.

Bought 2 UE Megabooms through Harvey Norman. Both worked well to begin with, but one had a faulty battery so I returned it & receved a replacement. The new one also had battery issues & would not charge, so this one was also returned & replaced. Still to try the 3rd one. Harvey Norman were very helpful, commenting on my “bad luck”, to which I replied “or perhaps a bad product?”. Other issues I’ve experienced include speaker turning off at random and battery life of only 3 hours of continuous use. Although one of the first ones I bought is still working well, I cannot recommend this speaker. If you do buy one, make sure it’s from a retailer with a good reputation where it can be easily returned.

Date PurchasedSep 2017

one of the best on the market

Fantastic speaker. Can go as loud as you need and will fill most rooms without distorting. The build quality is fantastic. Really durable and also waterproof so is great for taking outdoors or on holiday. Its quite big but that allows it to be loud and provides excellent battery life.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Great portable speaker

The UE MEGABOOM is was my first ever portable speaker. And it is a good one... With 360 sound the megaboom lets you hear the loud sound where ever you are standing. In comparison to portable speakers such as the JBL Extreme, a contender to the Megaboom. You have more of a sound where ever you are. The Extreme is a standard speaker which pushes sound in a 180 angle. So people standing behind the speaker don't get the same experience.

Being water proof is handy as well, i like to take the megaboom into the shower to have my music playing in the background.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Even better than the amazing reviews

Great class leading sound, deep base,easy pairing, brilliant battery life and incredible bluetooth range 25m+
The downloadable app allows you to easily set the equalizer to suit your mood/environment.
Solid but stylish build quality allows you to take it anywhere, and i love the subtle (+-) branding, just lets the product speak for itself.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

UE Megaboom, the coolest and loudest portable speaker!

Bought the UE Megaboom because I was looking for a loud and quality speaker to use outdoors, and not be worried about the weather/water and sand at the beach! It is so loud and clear that I am very happy with the purchase. I have actually had another friend buy it because they got to play with it at my house. The UE App is also awesome.. put it into DJ/House Party mode and your friends can all connect to it and change the songs. Great idea for a party or a BBQ!

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Ue megaboom

Bought the megaboom a few days ago and I love it.Great sound
I like the simple volume switches on it and the way it tells you the power left in the battery
The battery is good also approx 20'hours
It is also very sturdy and waterproof
More than pleased with it

Date PurchasedOct 2017

The best portable speakers

I bought one of these about 18 months ago, and was so impressed with the sound and battery life that I bought another about 12 months ago after discovering you can connect many of them together. I bought it for the beach, camping and to simply use in the garden. The sound quality is amazing, it has great bass and crisp sound. I use them mostly in the garden, in a courtyard setting...and even just spaced out on either side of the lawn when lounging around. I’m trying to resist buying another...but being my geeky music loving self I am curious about one or 2 more in each corner of the garden!! Highly recommended...I have not been disappointed at all. Well worth the money...I’d encourage buying as a gift for any music lover!!

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Best purchase!

I've had this speaker for a year now and I use it practically everyday. Pairs beautifully to my ipad and iPhone with no issues. Battery has lasted very well, I usually charge it once in 10 days. The sound quality is amazing.
Bought from Harvey Norman on special with an additional 5 year warranty for $248. Definitely worth the money!

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Worst purchase ever

Brought this product as a gift for my partner
Product worked perfectly for 10 months
Then wouldn't connect via Bluetooth, wouldn't charge (tried other charges however was a internal battery problem) and was unable to connect to app or computer
Contacted Logitech was given the run around for a few months (product was now over 12 months old) got told is was now out of warranty and there was nothing they could do.

A waste of a lot of money and ended up putting it in the bin

Date PurchasedDec 2015

Don't waste anymore time looking just go buy it you won't be disappointed.

Get the Megaboom - really easy to operate - really easy to use - neat packaging - lots of info on the internet - easy to "pair up to your devise" - portable - great choice of colour which is fab if you have more than one like we do...... sound quality is fantastic for a small unit - quick and easy to charge - I would highly recommend for all age groups..... a good price but even better if you can get on a special offer, we signed unto Noel Leeming and got 10% off which paid for the extended guarantee which I would also recommend to get....

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Great pedigree but both of mine have concerning issues

It's hard to give 2 stars for these.

Firstly, I've got 2 original booms and they're still awesome. I don't believe there was or is a better combination of sound quality, battery, durability and ease of charging. The Bose has slightly better sound IMO but has a weak battery, requires a specific Bose charger (!) and isn't waterproof or durable. And the stereo effect of two is awesome. There have been bluetooth niggles along the way but the sound of two in stereo is so good that all is forgiven. Don't hesitate, just buy two :-)

The Megaboom has clearly got potential by simply being a Boom, only better. My experience has been surprisingly poor however. The sound really is bigger and better but there was a crackle in one speaker from new - sounds like a background digital thing. Then other one stopped working after being half-dunked in a lake when I tipped my dinghy. Being waterproof was the reason I used to justify upgrading. It stopped about 10 minutes later despite having being only half underwater, briefly. Dead for two weeks but then started again.

Things happen of course and logitech support has been good. They listened and gave RA numbers willingly. But this might be the deal breaker: the sound has two problems. There is a background digital thing going on all the time. Worse, the sound is never even between speakers. Whichever speaker is first connected to the phone, etc. is then louder. And adjusting the balance doesn't fix it without sliding most of the sound to one side. It is clearly software related but the recent update hasn't fixed it. I'm just about ready to send them both back and I don't like doing it. It's then the question of trying two more or giving it away for now.

Date PurchasedJul 2016