Lux Soap

Lux Soap

3.2

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (1)
Sandra A.

Sandra A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bad for skin and not made in Australia anymore

I used to love lux soaps and used them for close to 8 years but later found out they charged their ingredients, I can only guess to make them cheaper. Saddened that they’re also made in China and use a lot of synthetic ingredients, I wanted natural soap for my skin. I ended up switching to Veldere soaps instead Which aren’t as cheap as lux soaps but they last longer and do a better job

Purchased in July 2020 at Coles for A$3.60.

Causes Irritation Yes
katespetruvia

katespetruviaSydney

can't resist the smell

this is the soap I use for the last 12 months & I never changed. This soap is mositurising, regardless of what variant. It is not expensive and can be bought anywhere.

Chris

ChrisNorth Queensland, QLD

fantastic formulation

This soap is good. It makes my skin soft and smells good especially the pink one. It doesn't make my skin feel moisturized. If you are after getting a soap that's heavily available on supermarkets, this is a good choice.

Purchased in December 2019.

Causes Irritation No

Find out how Lux Soap compares to other Bath & Shower Products

Used to be heaps better and more fragrent in it

it has been like 2 years since i used lux soap but just bought it again from big w and it does not smell at all. it is as cheap and not smelly as the aldi brand soap. no way. i am changing my soaps again.

Purchased for A$4.50.

Ronna Scott

Ronna Scottsydney

the violet one is what I use

I love the scent of this soap, it's not overpowering and it leaves my skin soft. I buy this in value packs as I realize it saves me some money.

louisa2015

louisa2015Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Lux for Everyone ☺

I've been using lux for 5 plus years and my opinion it's a good and cheap soap. It has a beautiful smell and i dont have any problems with it☺i gi e it thumps up.

doinafriggant

doinafriggantGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Smells good, feels good and smooth on my skin

Some soaps dries up my skin. Like after taking a quick shower, I felt some skin tightening and drying. It was because of a cheap soap that never works then I figured I should change what I'm using. I saw this on the soap stand and bought it immediately after reading its "moisturizing" claims. Right after a few days of using it, I never felt the tightening and dryness especially on my elbow area. I guess this product is awesome.

Lee

LeeNSW, 2560

I love Lux

Lux soap has always been great. I love the fragrances, it feels lovely on the skin, and is well priced. The multi-packs are great value. The only thing I think would be great is packs with mixed fragrances

I love it. ♥

Fantastic quality product, incredible on my skin and they smell great too. I use them for myself, both my children and husband. My kids and I have really sensitive skin & eczema flare ups, since using the Purify soaps this has been decreased by a dramatic amount. Would recommend these to anyone seeking a more sensitive option.

Revealing

RevealingADELAIDE

Less Soap for money

I like the soap but I do not like the way customers are getting less and paying more.
I bought Lux Soap Soft Caress. The Soap is smaller than it used to be. To top it up there is a chunk of soap missing in providing some contour as an excuse for it.
I could not recommend this product. Look around for better value for your money.

Julie

JulieSydney

Smells good but leaves sticky feeling

I love Lux when I was in my teens but it has changed through the years. Now that I am a mum, I usually buy them but not for daily use. The petal touch and the soft and creamy scents are good but they leave a very sticky feeling after lathering. It seems to be full of muck and sticky ingredients. It maybe the moisturizers but I did not like it as compared to what I smell and feel before, the skin feels silkier without all that sticky feeling before compared to the new formula.

Paul Hogan

Paul HoganNSW, 2060

Another Product Made In China

You have to be kidding me !.

I'm recently back from many years living in the UK, used Lux here up to 1998, used Lux in the UK for 17 years, back to Australia in 2016 and now Lux is made in China.

The only reason I found out was because I came out in a rash just after using it and checked the pack.

One can only dream of what illegal chemicals the chinese may have added to poor old Lux.

Lux soap

It just dries out my skin, it's not good soap at all, if you wanna test that, alright, use it for few days, and after a month or so, you will see cracks developed in soap, I would say, if a soap itself can't be good how is going to keep our skin healthy??

bad soap and I'm changing brands

I am changing brands finally. Your soaps are getting smaller AND they shrink in size in three (3) days and wash away very quickly so I'm constantly buying new packs of 8. Not good. I want a soap that lasts more than a week and has powerful cleansing qualities. Bye Lux.

Druh

DruhBrisbane

Crap at Best...

Lux lavender soap bar caused the tattoo on my leg to raise up and cause eczema... It was raised and ugly and caused me to scratch to my wits end. The only thing that eased that pain was 100% pure coconut oil.
I was not home and did not have access to my regular organic soap...Tsk tsk lux - this occurred on three consecutive mornings - with extreme agitation to 3/4 of my leg. Never again, never!
So what's in your soap bars these days that cause such a reaction?

tzelyn

tzelyn

Bad

Its been a long time since Ive used this product. Actually its been a long time since I have used soap bars. These days, I mostly buy Lux Soap bars for my grandparents who still havent quite gotten out of the using soap bars era and are still happy experimenting with different fragrances.
I like the vast variety in fragrances and that it is cost effective. The bars are cheaper than shower gels.
Lux Soap bars tend to dry out my skin, leaving it feeling tight right after a shower. It does not feel as comfortable as opposed to using a shower gel.

Sada

SadaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great family soap for the entire family

This is a great soap which has been around for a long time and it smells great and is a great soap to rely on. The fragrances arent too strong and its easy to use this soap for everyday use anytime of the year. I like the fact that this soap doesnt melt in the water like another well known moisturising soap and it doesnt loose its shape. Overall this is a great soap that I can depend on because its easily found in the shops and it really is pretty good value for money.
This is a good soap which I find doesnt really dry out my skin and its smells great too.
It is a soap so if you want a soap free product with more moisturising, then this isnt it.

grrrrlll

grrrrlll

The Lux soaps are great value and would be good for a whole family. The scents are not too feminine or too masculine and are pleasant. The lathering qualities are good, and these soaps seem to last longer than some other brands. They are quite sturdy and don't dissolve too easily. Leaves your skin feeling soft and fresh.
The Lux soaps are fantastic value for money. You can get them in larger packs than other soaps which is economical. Some stores such as Big W sell these in packs of 8 or 10. The scents are also rather nice.
There is nothing I do not like about these soaps

Mans
Mans

Yes! Lux is very good soap and reasonable for all type of people.. Also it can be used in all the seasons .. Am using lux from past 13 years.. I can't remember any negative about Lux.. It's good.........

Mythic

Mythic

Good

A good price on this product and it might work for people with less senstitive skin than myself, it just wasn't for me!
The smell of this soap was beautiful when I tried it a couple of months ago, so whoever is in charge of the aromatherepy potion of the product is doing a good job. The price is decent and afforable and it's easy to find, it's often on sale in my local Coles.
My one issue with this soap is that I felt it really dried out the skin after a few days of using it. The smell is pretty but for long term use, I prefer a product which doesn't dry out my skin!

beautyqueen

beautyqueenvic, 3824

Good

overall i like the lux soaps, i do not use soaps too much as i prefer body washes and shower gels but if i use soap then this is one of the brands i buy, my husband uses soaps alot so he likes this one as it leaves his skin feeling soft and smooth
the price of lux soap is great, especially when i special, i love the range of scents that are available, they are devine, doesnt leave your skin feeling tight and dry like other soaps can, the packaging is cute which is important to me,
there are no cons for the lux soaps