Magimix 4200 XL

Magimix 4200 XL

cost a few extra dollars

best machine, so well made, got it from minimax great price and thanks to saleswoman Zena who showed how this baby worked and it's features, she got the black one in, my wife's chose. One thing that got me was the way the French have built this thing, solid, powerful and very functional, and great looking. We live in the country and preserve a lot of our garden and make preserves, chutneys and sauces as well as dehydrating and this baby fits in perfectly with our kitchen tools

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Amazing machine...

Love everything about this machine and all it can do, its superfast, easy to clean, has lots of interchangeable blades, and you can purchase other accessories for it.
The only con would be its loud and that's just a small con...

Mum loves it

Buy this to replace wife's old blender and it works really well. It can blend everything really well compared to her old blender. Noise level was alright compared to the old machine, and it was really easy to clean. It has a nice model and built too. Good blender and worth for the price tag

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Love it

The best blender ever! It is very powerful and blends thing really well from liquid to solid. I mainly use it to make milkhakes, smoothies, etc. It is really easy to clean as well. Prior to this, I always think blender are all the same, but Magimix proves me wrong. It is quite pricey but it is worth the price tag. My mum in law introduces it to me as she really loves hers, and now I love mine A LOT!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Fantastic so far!

Having only just purchased the Magimix 4200 XL, I can't comment on the longevity of the plastic components.
It seems to be sturdy enough and I can't see any particular weak spots.
The motor is very powerful and with the main blade attached, goes through everything I've put in yet. Some cooked chicken breast was shredded beautifully with a 6 second burst.

We were given the free sprialler attachment as part of a promotion direct with Magimix, but it seems to be a bit of a gimmick. Perhaps why they were free with purchase?

The grating blades work well, however the last little bit of cheese or fruit etc, doesn't get processed and spins around on top of the disc.

An excellent unit for the price. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Handle breaks

I bought Magimix to replace my kenwood multi pro processor, based on reputation. I use it for light duties really and am very careful with it because the plastic components are not robust. It would be used perhaps once a week to two weeks. The handle on the large bowl has broken twice in my first 6 months. I've chosen to just glue it back together with good glue. However it keeps breaking in different spots. I'm not rough with it. Never dropped it or anything. The plastic of the large bowl is also flimsy and there is a lot of flexion in it. The machine itself is very solid and sits well on bench. In my opinion, sadly, it is way too expensive for the quality of it. I'm going back to a kenwood multipro processor which is much, much cheaper.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Seems to be good

I only recently purchased this. It is amazing at grating and using the right sized vegetables it does it in about a minute. I also used it for a frozen dessert. You have to keep pushing down the ingredients from the sides which I didn’t want to do but it naturally goes there. Beautiful looking machine and looking forward to continuing to use it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Dream food processor

I make most things from scratch and this is a dream machine that has made things so easy and fast. The machine is solid and sits well on the counter. The super sharp blades make quick work of chopping nuts for dukkah, shredding leaves for basil pesto and whizzing eggs and oil together for mayo and aioli from scratch. The medium bowl is great for making quick colslaws. I have tried the recipes in the supplied cookbook and found them to be very good. It is a premium mixer and an investment but it has transformed my cooking and made tasks a lot faster and enjoyable as a result. It cleans easily in warm soapy water. Very pleased with this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Stopped working after 2 years.

Sits on the bench and never been moved. Never been dropped or rough handled. I use it once a week/fortnight.
I spent $1125.25 on it so I assumed it would last a long time. Blade stopped turning after 2 years. Guareentee doesnt cover labour costs so out of pocket $120.00. It was not worth the amount spent on it in the end. Your better off buying a cheaper brand that lasts longer.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

handle cracked within weeks of purchase, replacement handle too!

Like many others, I baught my Magimix knowing it to be the 'workhorse' of the industry. I paid the extra because i thought it would last me. Well, within a few weeks, the handle of the bowl had a sizeable crack in it, with no drops or obvious causes, and only using it for low key family cooking. I returned it to the shop, they replaced it as it was only a few weeks old and i'm a good customer. I took the new bowl home, again, used it a couple of times and within a month or so had another crack in the handle!!! No drops, rough treatment, nothing. I was really surprised. I took it back, explained my situation, no cigar - they would not replace it again. The implication was that i was too rough with it. We are quiet careful peeps, that thing was not dropped or bashed or handled roughly. I can only guess that it must be a fault in the actual plastic for it to happen in the same place twice.

It still works, does the job with the help of some gaffer tape! But it will not last me the lifetime that I intended and paid for. So I would not recommend spending the extra money on a Magimix.

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Great machine. life's easier.

Great. Happy happy happy it is a not just ok but it is a vert very valuable part of our houses life. I say you have to go and get 1 as soon as possible, you don't want to miss out on the best machine on the market does everything as it should. .:-)

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ok

Nov 2016 , bought this with excitement but that was short lived . Thought would chop vegies a lot better and grate. Rinsing it was not that great either . Maybe look for something different sometime soon but in the meantime i will have to just keep using it .

Good solid unit

This processor does the job well and the motor handles everything you throw at it. The bowl is a good size and I have had no problems doing all the jobs that I need to. There are lots of parts to clean but that is a common problem with all processors. Overall very happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017

One of the best food processors

We've been using this food processor for a few months now, and we're very happy with its performance. We've previously used a Kitchen Aid food processor and found them to perform the same basic processing functions. The reason we prefer the MagiMix is for its design, which makes it considerably easier to clean and keep clean. I would highly recommend spending the money to get one of these machines.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cant speak highly enough of this machine

I use this machine every single day - NO kidding - so after blowing up three other manufacturers machines in two years I paid the big bucks hoping it was worth the money. 10 years later I am still using it!. I have replaced the blade once (only because I blunted it) and the the handle on the bowl once - we broke it in an accident. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!

Date PurchasedJul 2007

Excellent food processor

I looked for as long time for a food processor to replace the circa-1986 Breville i 'borrowed' from my mum - i bought another Breville and took it back as it broke in the first month - that is when i decided to get a Magimix based on the fact that they invented the food processor! There is a reason all the cooks on TV seem to use Magimix machines and its beacuse they are solid and robust and THEY WORK WELL!

Great machine, does exactly what it says it will do. Very solidly built.

I mainly use mine for Pastry (make 1.2kg rough puff in one go) and grating and general mixing (such as meat for meatballs as an example)

Great 'case' supplied for all of the extra attachments you get, makes it nice an easy to store.

Looks very attractive on the bench too!

One recommendation is to NOT put the bowls in the dishwasher - they do scratch :-( This is the only piece of kitchen equipment that i religiously hand wash.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Efficient but messy

Good at what it is made for. Easily processes veg and I've made some smoothies in here as well. The down side is the clean up. i thought I could use it for everything and a solid getting other appliances but I was wrong and I don't use it to grate things as I thought I would due to the clean up again

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Excellent machine but not as durable as expected

This food processor has a very powerful engine and I have enjoyed using it very much! It is also a very good size for a family - I was unsure whether I needed 5200XL but this model is perfect when cooking for up to six people. Unfortunately the lid developed a pretty nasty crack where it locks in place with the handle. This is after only two years of use and even though I have been very careful to wash and store it properly. This makes me a bit worried about the overall durability.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Replaced the Sunbeam food processor with the Magimix

The Magimix 4200XL is a great machine. We have found it far easier to clean than the Sunbeam it has replaced. Using appliances is one thing, but the cleaning is another! It has excellent capacity and power. Haven't yet used all of the attachments as there were two bonus ones included free that we wouldn't have purchased these, but am sure they will live up to Magimix quality. We purchased the machine on line from Peters of Kensington who are fantastic. We ordered about 2pm and machine delivered next morning to our post office box ready to collect at 9am. Don't know how they did it, but the best service from any other company we have dealt with. We have since purchased two more products from Peters. And, the Magimix was $100 cheaper that any other on line store. I rang to thank them, which they don't often get according to the staff there. Very, very happy.

Love my Magimix CE

I bought this wonderful machine back in June. I use it almost daily and find it meets everything I ask it to do. Lovely big metal bowl and so easy to use. It is quite expensive but comparable with the Thermomix. I think it is well worth the dollars. The recipe book is also great

Date PurchasedJun 2016