Magimix 4200 XL

Magimix 4200 XL

FairLady

FairLadySydney, NSW

MAGIMIX with heating function

The metal inside the bowl is not highest grade. When you cook something, for example fruit, you can taste metallic. The rubber band at the base of the knife/ cutter, may not be safe if heated at high temperature. If I had known this, I would not have bought it. I wasted $1600.

Purchased at David Jones for $1,600.00.

Product is used: Rarely

Strong motor, high-quality materials, well worth the price

Purchased in December 2018 at Myer Retail Stores.

Noise Level
Safety
Product is used: Weekly
Used for: Dips & Condiments, Ground Meat, Ground Nuts / Nut Butters and Soups
Peter

PeterCentral, SA

cost a few extra dollars

best machine, so well made, got it from minimax great price and thanks to saleswoman Zena who showed how this baby worked and it's features, she got the black one in, my wife's chose. One thing that got me was the way the French have built this thing, solid, powerful and very functional, and great looking. We live in the country and preserve a lot of our garden and make preserves, chutneys and sauces as well as dehydrating and this baby fits in perfectly with our kitchen tools

Date PurchasedJul 2018
crisssydoll

crisssydollSouthwest, VIC

Amazing machine...

Love everything about this machine and all it can do, its superfast, easy to clean, has lots of interchangeable blades, and you can purchase other accessories for it.
The only con would be its loud and that's just a small con...

Denny

Denny

Mum loves it

Buy this to replace wife's old blender and it works really well. It can blend everything really well compared to her old blender. Noise level was alright compared to the old machine, and it was really easy to clean. It has a nice model and built too. Good blender and worth for the price tag

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Feli

FeliPerth

Love it

The best blender ever! It is very powerful and blends thing really well from liquid to solid. I mainly use it to make milkhakes, smoothies, etc. It is really easy to clean as well. Prior to this, I always think blender are all the same, but Magimix proves me wrong. It is quite pricey but it is worth the price tag. My mum in law introduces it to me as she really loves hers, and now I love mine A LOT!

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Jason

JasonAU

Fantastic so far!

Having only just purchased the Magimix 4200 XL, I can't comment on the longevity of the plastic components.
It seems to be sturdy enough and I can't see any particular weak spots.
The motor is very powerful and with the main blade attached, goes through everything I've put in yet. Some cooked chicken breast was shredded beautifully with a 6 second burst.

We were given the free sprialler attachment as part of a promotion direct with Magimix, but it seems to be a bit of a gimmick. Perhaps why they were free with purchase?

The grating blades work well, however the last little bit of cheese or fruit etc, doesn't get processed and spins around on top of the disc.

An excellent unit for the price. Very happy with the purchase.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Handle breaks

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Jess B

Jess BBrisbane, Qld

Seems to be good

I only recently purchased this. It is amazing at grating and using the right sized vegetables it does it in about a minute. I also used it for a frozen dessert. You have to keep pushing down the ingredients from the sides which I didn’t want to do but it naturally goes there. Beautiful looking machine and looking forward to continuing to use it.

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Atom Ant

Atom AntWellington

Dream food processor

I make most things from scratch and this is a dream machine that has made things so easy and fast. The machine is solid and sits well on the counter. The super sharp blades make quick work of chopping nuts for dukkah, shredding leaves for basil pesto and whizzing eggs and oil together for mayo and aioli from scratch. The medium bowl is great for making quick colslaws. I have tried the recipes in the supplied cookbook and found them to be very good. It is a premium mixer and an investment but it has transformed my cooking and made tasks a lot faster and enjoyable as a result. It cleans easily in warm soapy water. Very pleased with this purchase.

Date PurchasedNov 2016

Shell

ShellPerth, WA

Stopped working after 2 years.

Sits on the bench and never been moved. Never been dropped or rough handled. I use it once a week/fortnight.
I spent $1125.25 on it so I assumed it would last a long time. Blade stopped turning after 2 years. Guareentee doesnt cover labour costs so out of pocket $120.00. It was not worth the amount spent on it in the end. Your better off buying a cheaper brand that lasts longer.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

kirsty

kirstyocean grove

handle cracked within weeks of purchase, replacement handle too!

Date PurchasedJan 2011

Great machine. life's easier.

Great. Happy happy happy it is a not just ok but it is a vert very valuable part of our houses life. I say you have to go and get 1 as soon as possible, you don't want to miss out on the best machine on the market does everything as it should. .:-)

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Ok

Nov 2016 , bought this with excitement but that was short lived . Thought would chop vegies a lot better and grate. Rinsing it was not that great either . Maybe look for something different sometime soon but in the meantime i will have to just keep using it .

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Carebear

Carebear

Good solid unit

This processor does the job well and the motor handles everything you throw at it. The bowl is a good size and I have had no problems doing all the jobs that I need to. There are lots of parts to clean but that is a common problem with all processors. Overall very happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Nicks

NicksMelbourne

One of the best food processors

We've been using this food processor for a few months now, and we're very happy with its performance. We've previously used a Kitchen Aid food processor and found them to perform the same basic processing functions. The reason we prefer the MagiMix is for its design, which makes it considerably easier to clean and keep clean. I would highly recommend spending the money to get one of these machines.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Cant speak highly enough of this machine

I use this machine every single day - NO kidding - so after blowing up three other manufacturers machines in two years I paid the big bucks hoping it was worth the money. 10 years later I am still using it!. I have replaced the blade once (only because I blunted it) and the the handle on the bowl once - we broke it in an accident. GREAT VALUE FOR MONEY!

Date PurchasedJul 2007

Simon5353

Simon5353Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent food processor

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Vanessa

VanessaCamden

Efficient but messy

Good at what it is made for. Easily processes veg and I've made some smoothies in here as well. The down side is the clean up. i thought I could use it for everything and a solid getting other appliances but I was wrong and I don't use it to grate things as I thought I would due to the clean up again

Date PurchasedDec 2016

Cinq Etoiles

Cinq EtoilesSydney

Excellent machine but not as durable as expected

This food processor has a very powerful engine and I have enjoyed using it very much! It is also a very good size for a family - I was unsure whether I needed 5200XL but this model is perfect when cooking for up to six people. Unfortunately the lid developed a pretty nasty crack where it locks in place with the handle. This is after only two years of use and even though I have been very careful to wash and store it properly. This makes me a bit worried about the overall durability.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Helen C.

Helen C.asked

I have recently purchased the 4200XL to replace a kitchen mixer and a blender. The aim is to have fewer pices of equipment and the Magi mix seemed to have the answer. I bake most weeks and twice now I have had issues with the whisk. I tried to make a pavlova but couldn't get the volume with the whisk attachement or to a stage where the whites peaked. I then made a cake that required the eggs to be beaten until light and creamy. Again, not the volume I had with my mixer (after 8 minutes!). I ended up having to transfer to a bowl and whisk by hand. Is there a way to whisk successfully that I havent worked out?

GKW
GKW

Frankly, I have not used the whisk so far, but if you live near a large city I suggest to attend a free Magimix demo and ask all you questions there (demo venues/schedules on the Magimix website.) If you do not live anywhere near a venue, e-mail the person conducting the demonstration. Good luck!

pjfasked

Do you sell the base of the magimix 4200xl on its own. l have all the rest from buying the lot, my motor has packed it in.

Magimix
Magimix A.Magimix

Hi PJF, sorry we do not sell just the base. You can have the motor replaced at a service agent. Please call our office on 1300 624 469 if you need anything further. Thanks.

pjf

ok thanks, very disappointed in this magimix, my last one is still going after 40 years and hardly been used

Sheron
Sheron

hi, i have the old model magicmix 3000, the blade is stuck to the stem , i cant get it out , therefore i cant remove the bowl, Please help!!!

Fiona

Fionaasked

In the instructions it says the midi bowl is for slicing/grating. Can you also use this bowl for chopping, using the blade from the small bowl? Also, can you use the slicing/grating disks with the large bowl? Thank you!

Magimix
Magimix A.Magimix

Hi Fiona, The midi bowl is only for slicing and grating. You can certainly slice and grate in the large bowl as well. Thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Magimix representatives

CategoryFood Processors