Makita DCS231T

• Safety
PaulMaroo

PaulMaroo

Don’t hesitate. Get one!

These have been discontinued unfortunately, but if you can grab one - do it! This tiny top-handled saw has lots of power, starts and runs perfectly, with a tank lasting a very long time. Can’t fault it.

Purchased in May 2019.

Safety
JB

JBSydney

Top little doer!

Hacked down a reasonable size pine tree with 4 to 5" diameter branches. Didn't miss a beat. Also very easy to use as a pruner for Murraya hedge. Quite light, but solid feel. Had Ozito before this. Much prefer this one.

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$200.00.

Safety
Dallas26

Dallas26ADELAIDE

What a RIPPER!!!!

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Makita DCS231T compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Allan W

Allan WSydney Surrounds, NSW

Good, reliable lightweight saw.

I purchased this unit from Sydney Tools Online as part of a clearance sale ie it was a demonstration saw. It has proved ideal for use on small dead fallen branches which I cut up for firewood. It is very easy to start and has given me no trouble to date. It's only a 22cc saw so you can't expect much in the way of power but it is ideal as a very lightweight saw. For timber over 10 inches in diameter I use an old Stihl 031av Farmboss or a 009L, both of which weigh considerably more than the little Makita.

KevinE

KevinEAU

Ideal spare pruning saw for those times when your main saw is not available

I haven't had the saw that long, I bought it due to issues I had on a job where my main top handled saw went off line & I needed a spare top handled saw there & then. This saw is definitely not suitable as a main pruning saw for everyday professional use, but it's a very good spare saw for occasional use.
It's durable, lightweight, easy to store & it's reliable. The price was almost half that of my other choice, the Echo 260TES.
It's very low on power, which you'd have to expect from such a small saw. Also, the air filter is just a flat piece of cloth.

Concur. It is ideal for my wife, and I use it because it is excellent for pruning larger branches just a bit too large for manual limb loppers. It could use a larger air filter as the existing one is quite restrictive after a short time of use.