Makita DCS500/45

2.4

• Safety

Good quality saw

Initial thoughts.
A bit heavy for a 50cc saw. Especially compared to my 026. I thought it would have more power than it has, even for a stock 50cc saw. But it has only had 3 tanks so far. Should loosen up a bit and gain some more compression/power after a dozen tanks
Very Quiet.
I like the 3/8 standard chain.
Amazing build quality. (German Dolmar).
Great anti vibe.
I thought the pivot teeth could be bigger as I felt that the body of the saw was rubbing up against logs too easily.
Good on fuel for the amount it holds.
Started easily hot or cold and runs flawlesly

Purchased in January 2019.

Safety
Tomo

TomoHealesville

Has been a problem

Similar to other reviews
Starts when cold has great power and a very nice chainsaw to handle but after one tank of fuel it has reduced power when I increase the throttle it stalls and continues to do that.
I had it serviced and it still happens.
I brought it from total tools Kilsyth and they are great sending it to makita for service with no hassles.
Will let you know how it goes.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Gary L

Gary LMOUNT FORBES

Definitely not impressed

Petrol Chainsaws

Find out how Makita DCS500/45 compares to other Petrol Chainsaws

Good when going

Cuts well for around 10 minutes and dies. Used to go till it ran out of fuel. Refill the fuel and bar oil tank. It won't restart until cold. Wife has named it tankful ray and wants me to buy another stihl like her 039. On a farm, life is hard enough without unreliable equipment.

PBeeAdelaide

Hard to start Won't run properly, no power.

I've had this chainsaw for 3 months now & cannot get it to run. I've had it to a small motor mechanic & he couldn't tune it. It takes at least 20 pulls to get it started & when it does start it has no power.
It is run in , 6 tanks of fuel. I've tuned it according to the book but still no joy.
My previous chainsaw is a McCulloch Timber bear 30 years old. When I bought it I tuned it & haven't touched it since, fantastic old saw just a bit heavy (10kg+).
I'll be taking it back to the dealer soon & if there is a favorable outcome I will reflect it by adding to this review.
So this is my experience so far. :(

Brian

BrianWodonga

Reasonable saw but problems

The saw cuts well but after 25 cubic metres of firewood the ignition coil failed just after the warranty expired. Parts are expensive and hard to source. Next saw will be a Stihl.

Nathan7849

Nathan7849Nowra

Best Chainsaw I have ever used.