Makita DHR202

Makita DHR202

5.0 from 1 review

Excellent cordless rotary hammer drill.

A good addition to my collection of cordless tools and at just under $250 it didn't cause any concern for my minister of finance. This is part of the Makita LXT range, what ever that stands for. The packaging is a bit short on information to compare it with similar products. It's marketed as a 20mm (13/16") Cordless Combination Hammer. It's a rotary hammer drill and suits the SDS drill bits. I have no idea exactly what the 20mm relates to, the instructions say it can drill a 20mm hole in concrete so best guess is that's it. It will do 13mm in steel and 26mm in wood. The no load speed is 0 - 1200 (variable) which I assume is RPM and the blows per minute is 0 - 4000 (variable, linked to the speed?). It's great for drilling holes without the need to drag out a big heavy tool and a power lead.

I was going to get a $120 corded rotary hammer drill but paid the extra for this drill and every cent was worth it. It went through the pool concrete, under the deck, like a hot knife through butter, using a good tri-cut bit. Wish I’d invested in a rotary hammer drill ages ago, and under the deck the cordless feature was so convenient.

Date PurchasedNov 2017