Makita EA3201S

• Safety

Alan

AlanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fantastic saw

This saw is very easy to start. It is very well made (as you would expect from a Makita. It cuts through trunks of a size it has no business cutting through. Maintenance and cleaning is very easy. Top product.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Good motor and chain, but because of the chain wheel system I give it only two stars. It ALWAYS gets stuck!

Makita is a good brand but this chainsaw is the worst thing they have, the other models without the "special" chain wheel are good. I don't recommend buying this model

Purchased in December 2019 at Gamma for $250.00.

Treefella

TreefellaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Makita petrol chainsaws not worth the mental stress needed to keep it working !!

Hard to start since new and extremely unreliable. Makita never admit to a LEMON but will always say operators fault. Makita now in the rubbish bin in bits. Will never leave Husqvarna again !

Purchased at Total Tools.

Makita3201s

Makita3201sSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good chainsaw with some issues

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

John CLower Portland

Reliable little saw

I have had this saw for about 18 months. It starts within two to three pulls and runs well. The only problem I have with it is that it breaks the e-clip that retains the chain drive sprocket and washer. The e-clip only costs $1, but it is a pain to have to stop the saw, let it cool and then fit the new e-clip, after finding finding where it dropped the chain retention washer. During two days of heavy use, I broke three of these clips. Other than that, it is a great little saw.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Rotten_Johhny

Rotten_Johhny

The best small saw I have ever owned

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

Great saw

Bought this saw cause my other got stolen and Bunnings only shop open on a Sunday. It's been sitting in my ute tool box for approx 5yrs and always starts, I use on average once a week. In 5 yrs never had a service and just last week the pull starter started to slip. $15 later I replaced cam plate and it's been good again.

Date PurchasedMar 2013

Flynn

FlynnMelbourne

Very happy that it starts every time.

After 3 years of faultless use, I thought I'd leave a positive review of a product. My little Makita chainsaw has started first time (after choke pulls) every time. (Touch wood - don't want to jinx it). It is used for garden pruning and occasional firewood for camping, not forestry work, but it cuts through logs of 300mm quite well.
I make sure I use fuel preserving additive so that the fuel doesn't go off between uses, and have also been using canola oil for bar lube to be environmentally friendly, and that works quite well too.

Date PurchasedJan 2015

Justin Smethurst

Justin Smethurstasked

How do I tighten the chain on my makita ea3201s petrol chainsaw

Aldric M.
Aldric M.

You turn the wheel to make the blade move then you turn that plastic wheel, if it doesn't move you have same problem as me, it gets stuck all the time and it's a bad system! That sucks about this model. It always gets stuck

Denis T.

Denis T.asked

My brand new Mikita EA3201S works really well until it heats up. After about 6 logs or 10 minutes work, it stalls when I pull the trigger. It idles ok then just dies when I try to rev it before making a cut. It’s better if I squeeze the trigger slowly but even then it still stalls after 20 minutes of use. Is it starved of fuel or flooding? I have fresh petrol properly mixed and the chain moves easily. Any ideas? It’s going back under warranty tomorrow. Not happy. It should run properly out of the box.

John C

It sounds like the high speed mixture is wrong. There is an adjustment for that on the machine. Mine used to stall at idle, once it warmed up. I sorted that out by increasing the low idle mixture, using the adjustment on the side of the machine. You don't need to pull anything apart to adjust the mixture and the manual has some info on how to do it. Try making small changes to the high speed mixture, with the engine running and then give the trigger a squeeze to see if it has done the job, Failing that, warranty is the best way to go,

Mellybarker

Mellybarkerasked

How to tighten chain?

Bigbrad
Bigbrad

On side of chainsaw there a black semi circle lever which you lift up and push in and turn anticlockwise wise to loosen bar slightly. Then there is a black circular dial next to that which you turn to tighten/loosen chain, once tightened to right spot push the the semi circle lever in and tighten bar.

Get an answer from our members and Makita representatives