2Makita HP2010N

Safety

Jeremy S
Jeremy SNorth Queensland, QLD15 posts

The wrist breaker 5000

If you buy one of these be prepared to hold on for the ride. I have used several of these over the last 20 years or so and they are brutal in low gear to the unwary operator. One day I recorded a video of us putting a 152mm hole saw through the 12mm thick web of a welded beam not once but twice.
Max
MaxSouth-East, TAS

Great drill

I bought my drill in the mid 1980's and still using it. very powerful. The newer ones have a smaller chuck which takes the same size drill but has a smaller chuck key and not as easy to get the drills really tight like the originals.
Darrell Hellier
Darrell Hellier

Noisey rubbish

Sounds like a gearbox being thrashed in an old Vauxhall. Terrible noise after 4 minutes. Took it to their service agent and it came back no better. I asked for an exchange but was told makita do not exchange. They sent it to Auckland and came back with the explanation you get what you pay for. Out of pocket $164.
Stay clear of makita. No justifiable warranty Show details
Safety
Hieme
HiemeSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Very Heavy Duty

I've owned one of these drills for 40 years. I am a handy/maintenance man and this drill has received a severe flogging at times. It remains as reliable as the day I purchased it. Very powerful motor for it's size. Two speed variable reversing with drill or hammer function it is the only electric drill you will ever need to buy. This is a thoroughly recommended item.

Show details

jackp
jackp9 posts

An amazing drill - quality all the way

Makita's HP2010N variable speed reversing impact drill simply has no equal. I have had mine for at least thirty years (maybe 35, I simply can't remember when I bought it). It has handled everything I've asked of it and more, without a murmur of protest. I was quite surprised recently to find that Makita is still making this no-nonsense drill, and although $450.00 might seem a lot to pay for it today, it is actually much less in real terms - I paid $360.00 way back when.

My only beef is that I now find it a little heavy, but then again I am in my 70's, and I fully expect this drill will outlast me.

CROCO29