Masport President 2000

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great mower fornthe price

Quality build framework, although the briggs&stratton motor, is reliable as expected, although the 550ex has only enough power to cut regular cut lawns. Thick grass, or slightly wet, motor struggles and becomes a tedious task with regular catcher emptying required, to prevent engine stalling..

Purchased in January 2019 for $540.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Weekly

Very decent mower

This is a fantastic mower. Professional gardener and have been using it for two years now about 3 to 4 days a week. I also use a larger/ heavier Honda mower for certain flat areas and a more refined cut.

I feel with this mower it is a close to perfect balance between power/ cut and weight. I use this mower where I have some hills though will still give a good cut on flat area.

It is quite a versatile mower too as I often mulch up garden waste with it to help before I put it on the compost.

This mower gets thrown in and out of my van multiple times a day, so the chassis build quality is very good too. In the two years of use I have one broken wheel clip ($2 from mower shop to replace) and one of the plastic clips on the catcher broke (which I fixed with a small piece of wire).

I do a full service of it about once a year. Use of full synthetic oil and occasionally use 98 fuel makes it run really clean.

Overall I would recommend this mower to most people. I use it professionally and get very good cuts with it for high end gardens. Also, being lighter than some more powerful models, its great for a home mower or someone who has to lift it or has hills on their property.

Very good mower and will last a long time if serviced well.

Purchased in May 2017 for $519.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Daily

Does a good job of cutting lawn even when grass is long and lush.

Easy to start, push, maintain and clean. Does a great job of cutting grass (but it does bog down on longer grass so you have to go slower). I do not have the self propelled model (so I don't have problem with drive belt coming off that other reviewers have complained about).

Absolute lemon of a machine!!!

First i will start by saying I'm a qualified diesel fitter of 15 years, and this mower is a lemon!!
My constant problem is with the Self propulsion system failing and the drive belt falling off all the time,iv used this machine about a dozen times and Iv had 3 drive belts come off and go through the blades, it's all round just a poorly built machine!! Now that iv research this mower I'v seen I'm not the only person having this same trouble with this model.. If there is no long term fix to this problem, this machine should be withdrawn from sale to other customers

Very Disappointed

This mower has no grunt. I had been using a rover that was about 20 years old. I didn't even buy it, I was given it by a neighbour that was moving away. I used it for 6 years, no problems at all but then the pull string broke and I thought it was time for an upgrade. The lawn was getting out of control so I bought the P2000 without too much research. I have since come to the conclusion that the 2 extremely positive reviews on this website are by sales reps.

I admit that I was expecting issues with the first now considering the length of the lawn. The mow shut off regularly but I cleaned out the catcher and restarted (it is easy to start, I'll admit that) but a week later, I mow again, and the same issue. The grass isn't too long but the mower is not powerful enough to shoot the trimmings to the back of the catcher. The result, the carch gets 1/3 to 1/2 full, then the mower shuts down and needs emptying and clearing the blades. I only have a small area to mow and it took me 3 times as long as it took with the rover because I was constantly clearing the blades.
For $450 I was expecting a lot more. I will be returning and looking into the river models around the $700 mark.

Nearly gave it a 5 but then it broke.

2 months old and I was cutting the grass thinking to myself that I should come on here and write a good review. Next lap of the lawn it broke. Self propulsion suddenly stopped working and I had to take it back to the shop for repair. They told me I must have run over a stick, stone or acorn and that knocked the belt off its mechanism. Odd reason because I have tall fescue turf lawn in small rural backyard with no sticks, stones or acorns.

Before that I had been happy with my purchase. Quiet mower. Easy to start. Catches and mulches well. Cheap to run. Sadly easy to break.

Broken again! Same problem with the belt for the self propulsion coming off which. Bloody annoying. Don't buy one.

Excellent Mower

The President series is the same price as Masport's and Makita's in Bunning's, however, the build quality of the chassis is heads and shoulders above their offerings.

Visually, the President series looks great and the green is a throwback to old-style mowers.

The engine is a plucky B&S mower and is very fuel efficient. I get 2.5 mows of the lawn from a 750 sqm block. It's extraordinarily easy to start - I got my 4 year old to pull the starter cord and it fired immediately. It is also much quieter than other mowers I have had in the past - the engine note is not your typical roaring mower motor.

It is easy to push as the handle is at a comfortably height (I'm 6'4") and the single handle to raise or lower the cutting level is robust and very easy to use.

I picked mine up for $450 at a local mower store ready-made. The 4-blade assembly cuts the grass beautifully and is noticeably better than my previous mid-level Victa. So far, I have used both the catcher and mulcher. The mulcher is particularly impressive as it cuts, mulches and pushes the clippings down into the lawn as long as you aren't taking more than around 1/3 of your grass height. I got a real kick out of the fact that it simply didn't leave any grass behind. That said, don't push the mower too fast as you won't give it enough time to mulch properly and you'll leave barely noticeable trails to the side. Already, the lawn looks greener and is softer to walk on after two months. It's also suppressed the bindi's really well.

Just in response to "Mower Man" - I'm not a rep of any sort - since using this mower for over a year, it's quiet operation does leave you feeling as though it's underpowered but it never conks out and if you keep the filter clean, replace the spark plug and change the oil and blades when necessary, it'll work for 99% of people mowing their lawn. If you are looking to mow long grass, forget this mower. If you want to have a beautifully cut lawn - at least consider it.

This mower is a fantastic piece of machinery. With a 2 year Warranty on the Engine, a 4 year Warranty on the Chassis and a Lifetime Warranty on the Catcher. Great for small or large areas, with varying height levels.
Well worth the money. I'm so pleased that I chose this product.
Thank You MASPORT.
This mower has many fantastic features.
It is so easy to start and manoeuvre.
The mulching feature is a great addition.
The quick action feature in lowering the handles is so easy.
There is nothing to dislike about this mower.

OK

q45 model. bigger engine and alloy body and bigger wheels. overall went well apart from bigger wheels breaking. also ability to add extra blades makes for a better cut.
reliable, runs and cuts well. Easy to service
on the Q45 model the rear wheels broke after 1 year, paint started to flake as well as stickers came off easily.