Masport President 2000
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

3.6
  • Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Patrice
PatriceSouth East Queensland, QLD

We really like it

We loved our old mower, but it packed up after 20 Years. We really like this mower and for our block it is excellent - mind you we always service regularly at Jackson’s Mowerland and they look after us.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bill Jackson Mowerland for $440.00.

Michael B.South East Queensland, QLD

Great mower fornthe price

Quality build framework, although the briggs&stratton motor, is reliable as expected, although the 550ex has only enough power to cut regular cut lawns. Thick grass, or slightly wet, motor struggles and becomes a tedious task with regular catcher emptying required, to prevent engine stalling..

Purchased in January 2019 for $540.00.

Bean
BeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very decent mower

Purchased in May 2017 for $519.00.

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Masport President 2000 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

Marc

Does a good job of cutting lawn even when grass is long and lush.

Easy to start, push, maintain and clean. Does a great job of cutting grass (but it does bog down on longer grass so you have to go slower). I do not have the self propelled model (so I don't have problem with drive belt coming off that other reviewers have complained about).

Absolute lemon of a machine!!!

First i will start by saying I'm a qualified diesel fitter of 15 years, and this mower is a lemon!!
My constant problem is with the Self propulsion system failing and the drive belt falling off all the time,iv used this machine about a dozen times and Iv had 3 drive belts come off and go through the blades, it's all round just a poorly built machine!! Now that iv research this mower I'v seen I'm not the only person having this same trouble with this model.. If there is no long term fix to this problem, this machine should be withdrawn from sale to other customers

Very Disappointed

Sue DalrympleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nearly gave it a 5 but then it broke.

2 months old and I was cutting the grass thinking to myself that I should come on here and write a good review. Next lap of the lawn it broke. Self propulsion suddenly stopped working and I had to take it back to the shop for repair. They told me I must have run over a stick, stone or acorn and that knocked the belt off its mechanism. Odd reason because I have tall fescue turf lawn in small rural backyard with no sticks, stones or acorns.

Before that I had been happy with my purchase. Quiet mower. Easy to start. Catches and mulches well. Cheap to run. Sadly easy to break.

Sue Dalrymple

Broken again! Same problem with the belt for the self propulsion coming off which. Bloody annoying. Don't buy one.

Nicholas RalphToowoomba

Excellent Mower

Nicholas Ralph

This mower is a fantastic piece of machinery. With a 2 year Warranty on the Engine, a 4 year Warranty on the Chassis and a Lifetime Warranty on the Catcher. Great for small or large areas, with varying height levels.
Well worth the money. I'm so pleased that I chose this product.
Thank You MASPORT.
This mower has many fantastic features.
It is so easy to start and manoeuvre.
The mulching feature is a great addition.
The quick action feature in lowering the handles is so easy.
There is nothing to dislike about this mower.

Petrol Lawn Mowers

Find out how Masport President 2000 compares to other Petrol Lawn Mowers

OK

q45 model. bigger engine and alloy body and bigger wheels. overall went well apart from bigger wheels breaking. also ability to add extra blades makes for a better cut.
reliable, runs and cuts well. Easy to service
on the Q45 model the rear wheels broke after 1 year, paint started to flake as well as stickers came off easily.