Masport Bunnings 490 4'n1

• Fuel Efficiency
Darryl G.

Darryl G.South East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

I bought this mower in September and it started to get harder to start. I changed filter spark plug and fuel. I took it back to who sent me to a repaired, apparently dust got into the engine and its not covered under warranty. The guy told me he had a couple of other mowers with the same issue. There's obviously an issue that Masport our briggs and stratton are keeping to themselves. Can't believe i spent over $600 on this. I should have kept my rover that had been going strong for 10 years.

Purchased in September 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $649.00.

Robbieo

RobbieoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed

Purchased from Bunnings Oct 2019 and have replaced the air filter 5 times. Upon reading other reviews of similar engines, it’s located in a very bad spot just behind the front left wheel which seems like a design fault. Once every 12-18 months I completely understand but not that often. This mower also struggles to collect the clippings on finer grass so obviously it’s takes a lot longer to mow. The mower does start first time and runs really well but that’s about it. I do not recommend this product.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

David D.

David D.Hunter Region, NSW

Good mower, until it rusted out

The mower has worked well for 8 years. Very reliable starting and no operational issues at all. However although the engine is still excellent the deck has now rusted out.

Purchased in December 2012 at Bunnings Warehouse for $579.00.

Divya

DivyaVictoria

Does a good job

Purchased in July 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $100.00.

Saurabh Kohli

Saurabh KohliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Amazing Lawn Mower

We bought a Masport lawn mower from Bunnings. It is really simple to operate and the catcher has great storage. I use my lawn mower on quite tall and healthy grass and the lawn mower shows no struggle.

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $400.00.

Kaz

KazGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Does a great job

This mower was easy to set up straight away getting it out of the box. I didn’t bother reading the instructions. Pretty straight forward. Started after a few pulls. So quiet compared to my old mower so that’s a plus. I haven’t yet used the chipper but I love the idea of it as we always have dropped branches on the ground. Definitely recommend!

Purchased in May 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $599.00.

Peter C.

Peter C.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Good but some poor design features!

Purchased in May 2019 for $599.00.

Havoc

HavocSydney

Can't really fault it for the price

I've had the 490 for a few years now, never had any problems with it. I haven't treated it very well and its only been serviced once since I bought it.
It doesn't love long thick grass, but will handle it ok if you don't use the catcher or mulch plug. It performs well otherwise. The catcher is tiny and I never use it anyway, mulching is the only way to go if you have a big yard. On that note, if you have a big-ish yard I'd recommend something with a larger cutting deck.

Overall decent quality and has proven its durability.

Purchased in February 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse.

David.p

David.pMurray Mallee, SA

Cuts okay

Just bought this lawnmower. It cuts okay not quite as powerful as what I was expecting - cut out on thicker grass. Does a nice mulch cut and works well on your normal grass. Does not work very well when going of grass because it brings up a lot of dust and can cut out. Overall I am satisfied with it, but not sure I would recommend due to lack of power compared to price.

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Terry

TerryPerth, WA

Made the right choice!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $600.00.

AnneL

AnneLSydney, NSW

Great

Purchased for my husband for his birthday. He loves the lawn mower. It cuts great and he actually enjoys cutting the lawns now. Really happy with my purchase. Would highly recommend

Purchased in August 2019 for $480.00.

Joe denyer

Joe denyerGungahlin 2912, ACT

Lives up to its claims

The mower works well in wet and dry lawns it catches quite and also pick up other Gardens clippings with ease as well
Throttle on the machine is also very responsive doesn’t stick like some mowers all in all very impressed with fuel consumption as well

Purchased in April 2018 for $389.00.

Easy start. Great work hourse

One tank does my whole lawn the back yard is flat but the front has a steep climb the wide tyres make pushing easy over soft soil and rough edges. The mower is very quite compared to my old mower

Purchased in April 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Rhys K.

Rhys K.Sydney, NSW

Better with age

After first picking this up at the local Bunnings I took it home and couldn't start it.

I was loathe to return it as I didn't want to deal with all the hassle of warranty claims and wait times so I persisted. After about an hour watching puffs of white smoke and it not starting I tried some Start Ya, and after a few pulls it roared to life.

Had it for a few months now and it starts first or second pull every time. Impressed with the high quality and ease of use and it's multiple features.

Worried at first but it's definitely been a good buy.

Purchased in February 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Product is usedWeekly

Only used twice. Cord won’t pull on third attempt

Cord won’t pull after only two uses. Their manual explains nothing important. Contacting Masport is frustrating, as they have a form to fill out, asking too many details, and I have to wait for them to contact me after sending the form. I need to use it today, not later on. These large companies just don’t care about the individual customer. They should at least have the curtesy to print out a decent manual or have a website for troubleshooting. I’m sorry I bought it.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Jipped and angry

Jipped and angryMelbourne

LEMON mower avoid - failed after 4 uses

Bought from Bunnings 2019. Motor supposed to be good quality Briggs and Stratton 625 EX. After 4 uses on very small lawn motor refused to start, after many attempts started a couple of times, spluttered,coughed out smoke, then died when attempted to push over grass. Yet another example of shoddy manufacturing and rip off products that last a few months if you are lucky. Avoid at all costs.

Purchased in March 2019 for $599.00.

Chantelle

ChantelleHunter Region, NSW

Best lawn mower

Love this lawnmower, easy for a woman to use, tells you when it's full, doesn't guzzle petrol, worth every cent! Easy to clean also. My lawn looks great. Thanks bunnings

Purchased in April 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $449.00.

Richie

RichieSouth West, WA

Hard Grafting Residential Mower with Commercial Grunt.

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $580.00.

Alan D

Alan DSouth East Queensland, QLD

I stared my business with this mower and it served me well for a year before I sadly had to dis own her

Easy to use and very reliable never had a issue with it until the end only thing was it was a little hard to start but otherwise good mad my money back 10 fold

Purchased in September 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

Yval

YvalPalmeston

great multipurpose mower

So I bought this along with a new whipper snipper ready for the rainy season. Our old one still usable but struggled to keep up. This machine does heavy duty works, large and heavy enough to stay on the ground and mow our entire yard evenly in one go. the catcher is roomy so I don't need to keep empty it up unless I mow green branches and weed from my veggie garden. The engine is covered properly, made by Briggs&Stratton (625exi). Overall it has a great design with wood chipper although it is a bit lame since we can only put 35mm branches, this is mainly good for palm fronds. Easy to start, so far no problem. Noise wise, it is bearable.

Purchased in December 2018.