3Masport President 4000

3.6

Norman M
Norman M3 posts

Great Mower

I purchased this mower from mower shop in Seven Hills NSW January 2017 for $900 which makes it now 7 years old. The best I have ever had, I use it generally once a week and sometimes twice a week in the summer, it has never missed a beat. Have had it serviced only once in that time, after all it's only a mower, and the most maintenance I do to it is to use a blower to dust it off after use and clean the air filter regularly, still using the same battery to start and the self propelled part works perfectly. I use ULP 91 fuel but NOT ethanol mix. Excellent mower. Show details ·  1
Martin. J. M. H.
Martin. J. M. H.Northeast, VIC
  4000 AL S19 Combo SP
Masport
Masport   DM
Joshb
JoshbSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Worst mower I’ve owned !

Hi . Had the president 4000 for approx 8ish months (not sure if it’s model I picked) but I’ve taken it back to shop 6 times to fix ! The stupid bloody auto choke ! I’m young and pretty fit and near rip my arm out of the socket just to try start it. I’ve taken it back now to shop and I will not leave the shop with that mower ! I had a victor and aldi mower previously and out of all 3 the Adlai was a clear winner !!!! One not very happy customer ! Do not buy ! Show details
Masport
Masport   DM
edsview
edsviewAU3 posts
  President

Flick not pull

I'm 78 y.o. and having bought it being assured that it was an easy one pull starter, I soon realized that this was not your "normal", shoulder height PULL to start mower, it only needs a flick of the wrist!! Amazing. And it also does a great job, standard size lawns just push and done. Very highly recommended. Show details ·  1
David S.Darwin, NT13 posts

Good but pricey

I purchased this after my 7yo Victa finally had enough. The grass was long and it went throigh it with ease. It started easily and is comfortable to push. The catcher can really get filled right up with loads of cuttings. My yard is quite large resodential and usually take about 45-60mins to mow. However, when you first start it there is a 10cm or so gap between the catcher and the mower frame that lets a heck of alot of dust through, this to me is a design flaw and nothing to do with allowing air through. It eventually clogs with grass and is okay but it does it again after you empty it. I never had this problem with the Victa which cost less than half the price. Show details
Thomas LambertonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC12 posts
  Verified 4000 ST S19 Combo

Very good mower

Great mower purchased it as a back to our ride on unit. This Masport President 4000 has it all catcher mulcher and stick mulcher up to 35mm diameter. And it handles the 35 mm sticks no worries. We live in a very hilly tree filled area so there is always multiple branches down on trees, that we just simply feed through the mulcher chute and gone all is left is mulch for the gardens. Great! We only have to empty the catcher 2-3 a cut as stated earlier this is a back up for a bigger mower so we are very happy with the Masport plenty of power to do what we want and more. After the previous mower we had let us down badly it is so good to feel like we have a quality product, that we can rely on once again. GOOD WORK masport

Nah
NahBrisbane6 posts

This is very good

This is by far the best lawn mower that I ever had. No problems at all. Very affordable. Briggs and Sttratton engine is very strong and works great. I am very happy with my new mower. The grass in my yard was very long. And this mower did a great job. I have purchased three mowers in less than 5 years. So far this one is working great. I would recommend.

Phil H
Phil HThe Mallee, VIC7 posts

Great lawn mower

This by far is the best lawn mower i have ever brought not only do tou get value for money but you get trust and reliable lawn mower great mulching to. Have had cheap brands before but not worth having better off getting a great mower for that little bit extra

Jake
JakeAdelaide4 posts
  4000 ST S19 Combo

Great mower with good power

Overall a great mower - has a bit of extra power to make the job easy. Briggs and Stratton engine works perfectly. Comes with a catcher or mulcher settings, easy to push and store - comes with a handing hook for the catcher and the handles fold down to size. Easy to clean and I like the colour.

Quadrus
QuadrusAuckland
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

Falling to bits. Warranty not honoured

Used on a single easy-going lawn on a 5th acre house section. The plastic catcher has cracked, other plastic broken, rubber handle falling apart. Very inferior compared to the Victa I owned for 30 yrs. The Ellerslie Stihl Shop from whom I purchased the mower did not stock the spare parts or honour the warranty

Danielle
DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD11 posts

Gets through couch grass

My old Victa Corsair finally gave up on me. Looked around at Bunnings and Mitre 10 for a replacement but finally settled for a Masport from local mowing company (Mowers Galore). Was recommended by a friend and it's fantastic. Easy start. No stupid mixing of fuels. Cuts through our couch grass, even when long and wet. Folds up easily for shed storage. Initial cost is high but if I can get 20 odd years out of it like my Victa- its worth it. Can't fault it.

mr weston
mr westonParadise15 posts
  4000 AL S19 Combo IC

used on my aunts lawn as she ownd it works like a charm

It works completely fine and has a great amount of power and leaves great stripes on the lawn and easy to use the lawn mower. Works fine and is very fuel efficient. Please buy asap if it still available and I believe it is. Will definitely use it again if she wants me to.

Costa
CostaMelbourne5 posts
  Verified 4000 ST S19 Combo

Very hard to start with semi old fuel! Model 4000 president B & S 161cc

Once i have started the mower it does everything i require. The engine/or design makes it very hard to start with leftover fuel in the tank or in a storage container over a few weeks old. I am fit and reasonably strong and it may take up to eight attempts to start, if you are an older person etc i would suggest at minimum get this possible problem written into the warranty. The service person from the mower shop i purchased this from also stated that the problem is worse on premium fuel.

The man
The man

Not worth the price

After spending a small fortune on a mower i believed would last a while, the catcher and catcher flap have a major design flaw... the plastic parts are splitting and falling off.. I have had to do some DYI repairs to strengthen it and prolong the life but it was only a short term solution....I will be going for a Honda next time.

Swanguy7
Swanguy7Hunter Region, NSW2 posts

Shane M.
Shane M. · President 4000

High everyone. Lookin at byin this mower. Have a medium to large side yard with a slope at the front. We have received a lot of rain this summer and I'm mowing every 5 to 6 days. My old Honda has just died. My main question is how do they handle dry dusty conditions, because I know this beautiful spell of rainy weather won't last, and I want a mower that will. Cheers.

Malcolm · President 4000

G'day, Is there a Grass Side Shoot for the 4000 President? If so what is its model number and approximately how much do they cost?

Thomas Lamberton

No not a side shoot attachment only the mulching attachment

G'day,

Gaza · President 4000

Can someone tell me how to use the smart flap

Thomas Lamberton

Mate they are a bit tight to fit (if you are meaning the mulching blank). You need to insert 1 side in first and then use a bit of push to get the other side to click in. Probably the hardest thing about using these mowers, but it works.

Gaza

Thx Thomas but I mean the smart chute that the catcher connects on to. There is a spring which appears to be able to hold the chute up but it appears you have to unclip it to swing it up somehow.

See all Masport President 4000 questions

Compare all Masport President 4000 listings
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $899$729$999
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesDeck Clean-out Port, Foldable Handle, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorMulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorMulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Self-Propelled
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigid
Catcher Capacity42 L42 L42 L
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium AlloySteelAluminium Alloy
Cutting Width485 mm485 mm485 mm
Height of Cut10 mm to 77 mm7 mm to 73 mm12 mm to 55 mm
Number of Blades444
Weight31 kg33.6 kg36.9 kg
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 190cc 4-stroke OHV Professional ICBriggs & Stratton 800EXi 175cc OHVBriggs & Stratton 850 190cc OHV
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & Stratton