Masport President 4000
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Masport

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
David S.Darwin, NT

Good but pricey

I purchased this after my 7yo Victa finally had enough. The grass was long and it went throigh it with ease. It started easily and is comfortable to push. The catcher can really get filled right up with loads of cuttings. My yard is quite large resodential and usually take about 45-60mins to mow. However, when you first start it there is a 10cm or so gap between the catcher and the mower frame that lets a heck of alot of dust through, this to me is a design flaw and nothing to do with allowing air through. It eventually clogs with grass and is okay but it does it again after you empty it. I never had this problem with the Victa which cost less than half the price.

Purchased in for $899.

Thomas LambertonGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very good mower

Great mower purchased it as a back to our ride on unit. This Masport President 4000 has it all catcher mulcher and stick mulcher up to 35mm diameter. And it handles the 35 mm sticks no worries. We live in a very hilly tree filled area so there is always multiple branches down on trees, that we just simply feed through the mulcher chute and gone all is left is mulch for the gardens. Great! We only have to empty the catcher 2-3 a cut as stated earlier this is a back up for a bigger mower so we are very happy with the Masport plenty of power to do what we want and more. After the previous mower we had let us down badly it is so good to feel like we have a quality product, that we can rely on once again. GOOD WORK masport

Nah
NahBrisbane

This is very good.

This is by far the best lawn mower that I ever had. No problems at all. Very affordable. Briggs and Sttratton engine is very strong and works great. I am very happy with my new mower. The grass in my yard was very long. And this mower did a great job. I have purchased three mowers in less than 5 years. So far this one is working great. I would recommend.

Phil H
Phil H

Great lawn mower

This by far is the best lawn mower i have ever brought not only do tou get value for money but you get trust and reliable lawn mower great mulching to. Have had cheap brands before but not worth having better off getting a great mower for that little bit extra

Jake
JakeAdelaide

Great mower with good power

Overall a great mower - has a bit of extra power to make the job easy. Briggs and Stratton engine works perfectly. Comes with a catcher or mulcher settings, easy to push and store - comes with a handing hook for the catcher and the handles fold down to size. Easy to clean and I like the colour.

Quadrus
QuadrusAuckland

Falling to bits. Warranty not honoured

Used on a single easy-going lawn on a 5th acre house section. The plastic catcher has cracked, other plastic broken, rubber handle falling apart. Very inferior compared to the Victa I owned for 30 yrs. The Ellerslie Stihl Shop from whom I purchased the mower did not stock the spare parts or honour the warranty

Danielle
DanielleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Gets through couch grass

My old Victa Corsair finally gave up on me. Looked around at Bunnings and Mitre 10 for a replacement but finally settled for a Masport from local mowing company (Mowers Galore). Was recommended by a friend and it's fantastic. Easy start. No stupid mixing of fuels. Cuts through our couch grass, even when long and wet. Folds up easily for shed storage. Initial cost is high but if I can get 20 odd years out of it like my Victa- its worth it. Can't fault it.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
How to be more eco-friendly when you're gifting this Christmas

how-to-be-more-eco-friendly-when-youre-gifting-this-christmas
mr weston
mr westonParadise

used on my aunts lawn as she ownd it works like a charm.

It works completely fine and has a great amount of power and leaves great stripes on the lawn and easy to use the lawn mower. Works fine and is very fuel efficient. Please buy asap if it still available and I believe it is. Will definitely use it again if she wants me to.

Costa
CostaMelbourne

Very hard to start with semi old fuel! Model 4000 president B & S 161cc

Once i have started the mower it does everything i require. The engine/or design makes it very hard to start with leftover fuel in the tank or in a storage container over a few weeks old. I am fit and reasonably strong and it may take up to eight attempts to start, if you are an older person etc i would suggest at minimum get this possible problem written into the warranty. The service person from the mower shop i purchased this from also stated that the problem is worse on premium fuel.

Not worth the price

After spending a small fortune on a mower i believed would last a while, the catcher and catcher flap have a major design flaw... the plastic parts are splitting and falling off.. I have had to do some DYI repairs to strengthen it and prolong the life but it was only a short term solution....I will be going for a Honda next time.

Swanguy7
Swanguy7Hunter Region, NSW

Excellent quality .

Dave
DaveMelbourne

Go Out And Buy One!!!

The Doctor
The DoctorWA

Great Mower for the Price!

I have owned two of these and were great for my horticultural business. Never had any issue. Reliable machine.
Better than Victa! Easy to use and works like a knife through butter!
The mulching feature is great on slightly longer grass in hot weather as you don't really need the grassbox!

• Date Purchased

Don't listen to negativity. This is a top mower..

I recently replaced my victor 2 stroke of 20 years with the Masport 4000AL. Masport offered better value for money at $765 as opposed to the Honda HRU19K $850. I had to wait 5 days to receive the Masport, and my yard was in desperate need of mowing.
I'm so impressed with the Masport with its effortless power and huge catcher capability, I mowed my whole yard only having to empty the catcher twice. I would have had to empty the catcher on my victor at least 5 times. I didn't even need to get the blower out after mowing as the Masport left minimal clippings behind. I highly recommend this mower to anyone looking to replace any great mower.

Buster
BusterAdelaide

WASTE OF MONEY

Had the unit for almost 2 years, I was talked into it by the retailer, who I have purchased from in the past. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. Masport should be embarrassed to sell this. It is gradually falling apart. Not sure where to start with the faults. The B&S motor is the only redeeming part of the unit, rest of the mower is very cheap. Retailer is not interested. Catcher does not fit properly, falls off all the time, pull started cord failed, list goes on.....I do like to do my own mechanical maintenance myself, but I have had enough. I should have purchased a pair of scissors, it would have been less stressful.

Shane M.
Shane M.asked
President 4000

High everyone. Lookin at byin this mower. Have a medium to large side yard with a slope at the front. We have received a lot of rain this summer and I'm mowing every 5 to 6 days. My old Honda has just died. My main question is how do they handle dry dusty conditions, because I know this beautiful spell of rainy weather won't last, and I want a mower that will. Cheers.

Malcolmasked
President 4000

G'day, Is there a Grass Side Shoot for the 4000 President? If so what is its model number and approximately how much do they cost?

Thomas Lamberton

No not a side shoot attachment only the mulching attachment

G'day,

Gazaasked
President 4000

Can someone tell me how to use the smart flap

Thomas Lamberton

Mate they are a bit tight to fit (if you are meaning the mulching blank). You need to insert 1 side in first and then use a bit of push to get the other side to click in. Probably the hardest thing about using these mowers, but it works.

Gaza

Thx Thomas but I mean the smart chute that the catcher connects on to. There is a spring which appears to be able to hold the chute up but it appears you have to unclip it to swing it up somehow.

See all Masport President 4000 questions

Get an answer from our members and Masport representatives

Masport President 4000

Compare all 3 Masport President 4000
CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $899.00$729.00$999.00
Power SourcePetrolPetrolPetrol
FeaturesDeck Clean-out Port, Foldable Handle, Mulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorMulching Capability and Quick-Start MotorMulching Capability, Quick-Start Motor and Self-Propelled
Catcher Type RigidRigidRigid
Catcher Capacity42 L42 L42 L
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium AlloySteelAluminium Alloy
Cutting Width485 mm485 mm485 mm
Height of Cut10 mm to 77 mm7 mm to 73 mm12 mm to 55 mm
Number of Blades444
Weight31 kg33.6 kg36.9 kg
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor
Engine NameBriggs & Stratton 190cc 4-stroke OHV Professional ICBriggs & Stratton 800EXi 175cc OHVBriggs & Stratton 850 190cc OHV
Engine Type4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)4-Stroke and OHV (Overhead Valve)
BrandBriggs & StrattonBriggs & StrattonBriggs & Stratton