Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

• Fuel Efficiency
Big Jolly Fellow

Big Jolly FellowSydney, NSW

No Worries - Cuts the Grass

Purchased in January 1991 at Masport for A$1,100.00.

Product is usedWeekly

Started off ok but is falling to pieces at 18 months old.

Functionally ok until plastic rear chute lift up flap began cracking and splitting, now unable to use catcher. Frustrating as it was the only reason we bought it. Have a zero turn ride on for most and just use this for small yard around house. Very disappointed

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

CvtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I’m fussy and this one is really good

Bought this after a lot of research. First off - it’s easy to put together and I was mowing within 20 minutes of opening the box. It’s very light too and easy to manoeuvre. Easy start and it cleans up well. My grass is thick and was wet and it did clog a bit but it was expecting that and the cuttings were really fine. Really happy with this mower and the results.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$519.00.

Farmer TEyre Peninsula, SA

Great Mow, lousy catch!

I purchased this mower from Bunnings and am pleased with the mower itself. Mower start easily and cuts nicely as long as grass is not too long. If too long it will start to stop and stop if not pulled back or blades lifted higher. I think the catcher is absolute plastic crap, especially considering the cost of the mower. I have been unable to use the catcher and will be contacting Bunnings regarding the correct installation of it as the instructions are as clear as mud!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$550.00.

A good mower, but ....

I bought this mower from Bunnings 6 months ago and was initially very happy with it. However if the mower wasn’t used for a couple of weeks, it would blow clouds of blue smoke for a couple of minutes when starting. There was no smoke if I started the mower, say, on two consecutive days. Very frustrating. It ran well once the smoke cleared as you would expect from Briggs & Stratton, but the problem has continued. Something is fundamentally wrong the engine.
Bunnings were fantastic to deal with and were happy to change the mower. I decide to move up to a Honda

Purchased in January 2020.

Product is usedOccasionally
Darren

DarrenMid North Coast, NSW

Great value for money

Purchased recently - used about 5 times. Mow is great, very easy to start.

The only minor issue I have is the catcher is a little smaller than my last mower. I am being extremely picky about this.

Used the side eject for the 1st time today and it was great, ejects the grass well away.

I cannot fault the mower so far and highly recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$499.00.

Masport. mower

I love it so much power and its so lite. Mulching plug works a breeze I have buffalo and it cutters thou that like butter and the cachet is perfect I don't have to empty very often.

Purchased in April 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$500.00.

Product is usedDaily
George G

George GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good value for money mower.

Picked this up as a replacement for an ozito mower. Can say it's much better. Only thing I would warn people on, if you're looking to mow thick grass really short then you should consider getting the 490.

For most (99%) jobs this is more than sufficient.

It's light, the catcher catches everything really well. It can cut really short as needed and best part was there was practically nothing to put together. It come assembled out of the box.

Starting is. Breeze, it started first pull straight out of the box.

Mulching performance is ok, but you do need to understand that mulching can only be done on trims, you cannot mulch big cuts back into the lawn .

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$498.00.

Awesome mulcher

We have average size front and back lawn no need for the catcher have not used it have used it on mulcher everytime and no need to take afterwards we love it and got it on clearance saved $100

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$398.00.

Best mower I’ve used

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$498.00.

Leisha

LeishaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First one was faulty but replacement works great

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$500.00.

Keiras001

Keiras001Hunter Region, NSW

Great reliable mower.

I have only used the mower a few times now, but I am so far very impressed.
It was easy to assemble, and it excellent on fuel, using less than any other mower I’ve ever owned.
Really easy to manoeuvre,.. so far very impressed with the mower.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$498.00.

Product is usedOccasionally
Sheree.G

Sheree.GWestern Australia

Best lawnmower .. our grass is now amazing!!

This lawnmower is one of the best we have ever owned. It starts first time every time, we can do the backyard without having to empty the catcher numerous times too! The catcher is quite large. Pushing the mower is so easy as its smooth and allows us to jot struggle like we did with out last mower. Easy to adjust the cutting levels too. Definitely recommend this lawn mower for quality, price and ease of use!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Vic

VicGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good engine and thats about all....

I bought a Masport mower six months ago and things started to break. First the throttle lever stopped working. Works one way only, then the catcher fell apart poor click in design (it comes in two half and clicks together) and worst of them all is the the disc that the blades are on. It broke after six months of use and they won't cover it under warranty claim. Another poor design...... they now have after market kits where they included a strengthening washer to compensate the poor design. Next thing will go will be the wheels bearings. They seem to be rattling .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

A good and basic lawn mower.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Neil Dee

Neil DeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ripper little Mower

Just brought the Massport 3 in 1. This unit runs a Briggs & Stratton 4 stroke (made in USA)

I reseached the Choice Magazine reviews and went shopping to look over the Victa....Toro...Rover....Massport & Husqvarna.

Massport won hands down ! No choke or prime required before start.
I unpacked and filled with oil / petrol, pulled the cord (easy no strain) started Straight away.....very surprised as to how quiet the unit is and the comfortable handle grip.
Mowed the lawn straight away with ease.The unit is light, easy to navigate and clean....would I buy again....absolutley

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Deb

Deb

very happy with my lawn mower

the catcher is large, l dont think you would wont anything bigger as it would be too heavy to empty. As l have a big back and front yard, it does need emptying a few times when we are mowing the lawns. The blades do tend to turn inwards often tho, constantly tightening them.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Mumma

MummaBrisbane

Easy to use and start!

I am delighted with my new Masport mower. My teenage son assembled and put oil in when it was first purchased and raved to me about how much he loves it. I finally have used it myself and couldn’t believe how much easier it is to use than our old victa. It starts first time, has a very wide cutting area and is so easy to push. I would absolutely recommend this mower!

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Crowny

CrownyMelbourne

Happy With It

I avoid mowing as much as I can and only actually do it when I have to. That means the grass is often longer than ideal and this thing chews through it no problems. It always stats first pop and has given me no trouble at all. I would prefer a better design for the catcher like the old style ones as it can block up at the mouth if the grass is damp but it's OK. The width of the cut it quite reasonable, have not measured it but it seems to cover a good width per pass. This has served me well so far and I am quite happy with it,

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Brian F

Brian F

Great Mower so far

Purchased my Masport 486 20.04.18 and used it next day. We have an 11.4 acre property but only about 3 acres needed mowing. The 486 was a delight to use, started first time every time, even when it ran dry. The grass I had to mow was pretty tough in some places and the motor is powerful enough to go straight through in most cases with out losing revs. I spent 5 hours on two days using it and it mowed brilliantly. So far so good, highly recommended at this stage.

Date PurchasedApr 2018