Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

MPN: 578762
See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Masport? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency

Reuben
ReubenWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Used it commercially, even though its not a commercial mower

When I started my mowing business, I had limited capital available to me. As such, I started by buying a cheapish mower that looked like it would do what I needed it to do. I flogged this machine for about 2 years on overgrown lawns that is probably wasn't designed for, and the only major issues it developed were a blocked air filter, and a blocked carby. Both were relatively easy fixes, though the carby took some fiddling to reinstall. I have since replaced this machine, and it is still working hard at my Aunt's place (in the middle of nowhere).

Purchased in March 2018.

Tangles
TanglesSouth West, WA

Snapped crankshaft. Replaced blades once

Have owned this mower for five years and it has been good value. Until today .
As it started the crankshaft snapped, ummm, bugga!
The catcher is a poor design and has several cracks
It has only worn out one set of blades so I hope the five year engine warranty is honoured…..

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse.

Steve S
Steve SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Blown Head Gasket after very little use, can't get replacement parts.

Bought from Bunnings, always blew a little smoke when starting,.... no it is not overfilled with oil. Now after two years it fills the whole yard with smoke and is impossible to use without breathing equipment. Turns out it has a blown head gasket. The Briggs and Stratton motor used in this model is not sold in the USA. Local mower shops don't want to know me because I bought it at Bunnings. Contacted Masport to find a gasket, they sent the attached email saying I should contact Briggs and Stratton. Briggs and Stratton said contact your local mower shop. Spent hours trying to get the part. Learn from my costly mistake, DON'T BUY A MASPORT MOWER.

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $489.00.

Big Jolly Fellow
Big Jolly FellowSydney, NSW

No Worries - Cuts the Grass

Purchased in January 1991 at Masport for $1,100.00.

Started off ok but is falling to pieces at 18 months old.

Functionally ok until plastic rear chute lift up flap began cracking and splitting, now unable to use catcher. Frustrating as it was the only reason we bought it. Have a zero turn ride on for most and just use this for small yard around house. Very disappointed

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse.

CvtGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I’m fussy and this one is really good

Bought this after a lot of research. First off - it’s easy to put together and I was mowing within 20 minutes of opening the box. It’s very light too and easy to manoeuvre. Easy start and it cleans up well. My grass is thick and was wet and it did clog a bit but it was expecting that and the cuttings were really fine. Really happy with this mower and the results.

Purchased in October 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $519.00.

Farmer TEyre Peninsula, SA

Great Mow, lousy catch!

I purchased this mower from Bunnings and am pleased with the mower itself. Mower start easily and cuts nicely as long as grass is not too long. If too long it will start to stop and stop if not pulled back or blades lifted higher. I think the catcher is absolute plastic crap, especially considering the cost of the mower. I have been unable to use the catcher and will be contacting Bunnings regarding the correct installation of it as the instructions are as clear as mud!

Purchased in August 2020 for $550.00.

A good mower, but ....

I bought this mower from Bunnings 6 months ago and was initially very happy with it. However if the mower wasn’t used for a couple of weeks, it would blow clouds of blue smoke for a couple of minutes when starting. There was no smoke if I started the mower, say, on two consecutive days. Very frustrating. It ran well once the smoke cleared as you would expect from Briggs & Stratton, but the problem has continued. Something is fundamentally wrong the engine.
Bunnings were fantastic to deal with and were happy to change the mower. I decide to move up to a Honda

Purchased in January 2020.

Darren
DarrenMid North Coast, NSW

Great value for money

Purchased recently - used about 5 times. Mow is great, very easy to start.

The only minor issue I have is the catcher is a little smaller than my last mower. I am being extremely picky about this.

Used the side eject for the 1st time today and it was great, ejects the grass well away.

I cannot fault the mower so far and highly recommend it.

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $499.00.

Masport. mower

I love it so much power and its so lite. Mulching plug works a breeze I have buffalo and it cutters thou that like butter and the cachet is perfect I don't have to empty very often.

Purchased in April 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for $500.00.

George G
George GMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very good value for money mower.

Picked this up as a replacement for an ozito mower. Can say it's much better. Only thing I would warn people on, if you're looking to mow thick grass really short then you should consider getting the 490.

For most (99%) jobs this is more than sufficient.

It's light, the catcher catches everything really well. It can cut really short as needed and best part was there was practically nothing to put together. It come assembled out of the box.

Starting is. Breeze, it started first pull straight out of the box.

Mulching performance is ok, but you do need to understand that mulching can only be done on trims, you cannot mulch big cuts back into the lawn .

Purchased in February 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $498.00.

kelly
kelly

Awesome mulcher

We have average size front and back lawn no need for the catcher have not used it have used it on mulcher everytime and no need to take afterwards we love it and got it on clearance saved $100

Purchased in January 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $398.00.

Best mower I’ve used

Purchased in December 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $498.00.

Leisha
LeishaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

First one was faulty but replacement works great

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $500.00.

Keiras001
Keiras001Hunter Region, NSW

Great reliable mower.

I have only used the mower a few times now, but I am so far very impressed.
It was easy to assemble, and it excellent on fuel, using less than any other mower I’ve ever owned.
Really easy to manoeuvre,.. so far very impressed with the mower.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $498.00.

Read more reviews - page 2