Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

Masport Bunnings 486 3'n1

MPN: 578762

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Keiras001

Keiras001Hunter Region, NSW

Great reliable mower.

I have only used the mower a few times now, but I am so far very impressed.
It was easy to assemble, and it excellent on fuel, using less than any other mower I’ve ever owned.
Really easy to manoeuvre,.. so far very impressed with the mower.

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $498.00.

Noise Level
Safety
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Occasionally

Sheree.G

Sheree.GWestern Australia

Best lawnmower .. our grass is now amazing!!

This lawnmower is one of the best we have ever owned. It starts first time every time, we can do the backyard without having to empty the catcher numerous times too! The catcher is quite large. Pushing the mower is so easy as its smooth and allows us to jot struggle like we did with out last mower. Easy to adjust the cutting levels too. Definitely recommend this lawn mower for quality, price and ease of use!

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Vic

VicMelbourne

Good engine and thats about all....

I bought a Masport mower six months ago and things started to break. First the throttle lever stopped working. Works one way only, then the catcher fell apart poor click in design (it comes in two half and clicks together) and worst of them all is the the disc that the blades are on. It broke after six months of use and they won't cover it under warranty claim. Another poor design...... they now have after market kits where they included a strengthening washer to compensate the poor design. Next thing will go will be the wheels bearings. They seem to be rattling .

Date PurchasedMar 2018

A good and basic lawn mower.

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Neil Dee

Neil DeeSydney Surrounds, NSW

Ripper little Mower

Just brought the Massport 3 in 1. This unit runs a Briggs & Stratton 4 stroke (made in USA)

I reseached the Choice Magazine reviews and went shopping to look over the Victa....Toro...Rover....Massport & Husqvarna.

Massport won hands down ! No choke or prime required before start.
I unpacked and filled with oil / petrol, pulled the cord (easy no strain) started Straight away.....very surprised as to how quiet the unit is and the comfortable handle grip.
Mowed the lawn straight away with ease.The unit is light, easy to navigate and clean....would I buy again....absolutley

Date PurchasedSep 2018

Deb

Deb

very happy with my lawn mower

the catcher is large, l dont think you would wont anything bigger as it would be too heavy to empty. As l have a big back and front yard, it does need emptying a few times when we are mowing the lawns. The blades do tend to turn inwards often tho, constantly tightening them.

Date PurchasedJun 2015

Mumma

MummaBrisbane

Easy to use and start!

I am delighted with my new Masport mower. My teenage son assembled and put oil in when it was first purchased and raved to me about how much he loves it. I finally have used it myself and couldn’t believe how much easier it is to use than our old victa. It starts first time, has a very wide cutting area and is so easy to push. I would absolutely recommend this mower!

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Crowny

CrownyMelbourne

Happy With It

I avoid mowing as much as I can and only actually do it when I have to. That means the grass is often longer than ideal and this thing chews through it no problems. It always stats first pop and has given me no trouble at all. I would prefer a better design for the catcher like the old style ones as it can block up at the mouth if the grass is damp but it's OK. The width of the cut it quite reasonable, have not measured it but it seems to cover a good width per pass. This has served me well so far and I am quite happy with it,

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Brian F

Brian F

Great Mower so far

Purchased my Masport 486 20.04.18 and used it next day. We have an 11.4 acre property but only about 3 acres needed mowing. The 486 was a delight to use, started first time every time, even when it ran dry. The grass I had to mow was pretty tough in some places and the motor is powerful enough to go straight through in most cases with out losing revs. I spent 5 hours on two days using it and it mowed brilliantly. So far so good, highly recommended at this stage.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Shell

ShellMaryborough

Good for Price

This mower cuts well. It has a good cutting width that gets the job done quickly. It sometimes clogs up and when it does it bogs the mower down quite a bit and then drops big clumps if grass. I really like the mulching plug and the catcher has a good capacity.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Shane

ShaneVictoria

Love my mower

Got my new masport mower only a few months back easy toassemble out of the box added oil started first pull just chugs away through stubborn grass. Briggs n stratton motor rang their helpline for advice had it out most fortnights no trouble at all. This is the first masport I have had I usually have had other brands Im really surprised and amazed

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Tim

Tim

Starts first go everytime

The best thing about Masport mowers is where your wheel goes the blade goes. I have owned Masport mowers for the last 7 years and found them to be reliable and efficient mowers. Whether you are using them for commercial or home you can't go wrong using a Masport mower.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Dave

DaveNSW, 2340

Great mower

My mower always does a great job. The Wider deck minimises the passes over the back yard. Starts every time and 4 stroke engine is much quieter than my old 2 stroke mower. Very easy to start and never misses a beat. I love the catcher level indicator. I trust the Masport brand. This is a great mower for an average size Sydney yard.

Date PurchasedDec 2016

JENNY

JENNYSydney

Good product

We initially bought a Victor lawn mower which is said to be very good. Unfortunately, our Victor lasted for only 10 minutes and it stopped working completed. So we brought that Victor back to Bunnings and they could not fix it. So we exchanged the brand-new broken Victor for the Masport. And it has been operating fine. it is easy to operate and maintain, and the cutting results are good. I am happy with it so far.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
de rocky

de rockyMelbourne

A great mower

i am a owner operator lawnmower landscaper, i only use masport commercial mowers
they have never let me down so far,regular blade replacements and oil,spark plug,filter
change,they are not the high end like the hondas,but 1 pull away it goes,its never broken down
regular service and a bit of TLC still going and havent looked back.the mowers have paid themselves
over and over if its just luck i dont know, they wont last forever,but ill be buying new ones in the distant future

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Danny

DannyGold coast

Dangerous - Do Not Buy

This mower is crap, the motor didn't last six months, the "smart chute" is faulty which caused2 broken windows and one rock to my own throat. Service department replaced the chute but after that couldn't care less about the mower. I was told I was misusing the mower. All I did was stand behind it and push it to cut the grass. Heap of crap, do not buy!

Date PurchasedApr 2015

Kerri SBunbury

What a waste of money - Masport 486 3N1

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Kerri S

Nearly 12 months on and this mower has practically died in the a$$. Yesterday, trying to mow the lawn and it would hardly go above idle speed. I am going to have to take it back for repair or replacement. Not happy, Jan >:(

awesome

Awesome mower found mine at the dump .Why it was thrown out i dont know ,cleaned the carby then fired straight up,it gets punished on big lawn jobs and i cant fault it.Always been a 2 stroke man but this dump found mower really has impressed me with all its power and ease for starting go get ya self one.

The catcher that cant catch!!!

After purchasing this machine from bunnings a few months later the catcher had a small split in it and i went back in for them to tell me there was no warranty on the catcher.i felt this was very poor as all i had done was mow the lawndidnt even know how this happened.Then the so called smart chute clip doesn't work so it lets grass come out the back.i now have to use a timber wedge to keep it closed.this has nothing to do with the small split either.I always had a victor which my last one went for ten years and got conned by the man at bunnings that this mower was great.This has a great cut and would be a great product if not for the cheap plastic chute that failed after 2 months so i would advoid purchasing.

a great disppointed 486