Honda HRU216

Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

Lawn Mower Buying Guide

Read now

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Michael O.

Michael O.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality, plagued with gearbox problems

Purchased in March 2020 at Stihl Dealer for A$1,700.00.

Product is usedDaily

MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible clicking

Purchased March 2020 hru216 m3
Nothing but same problems with it

After the 3rd property I get to its struggles to self propelled you can here the click and clunk noise from the drive shaft to the gear box
It’s been in 6 times and these clowns can not fix it
Plus gear box was replaced brand new after one week same issue keeps happening
Honda headquarters don’t give a damn and the dealer doesn’t know what to do

Purchased in March 2020 for A$1,800.00.

Product is usedDaily
Matt O.

Matt O.

Honda quality is nose diving

Purchased a mower - under powered with twisted chassis. Made in Melbourne - not good. The Honda customer service are rude - Ash. They have undertrained staff who seem not to like their job - would not employ them. The problem must stem from the top which is unfortunate.

Purchased in January 2020 for A$1,200.00.

Product is usedWeekly

Baxtersin

BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

It's great for what I want

Purchased in February 2020 at Tweed Mower City for A$729.00.

Product is usedOccasionally
craig mckay

craig mckayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No good in damp grass

When the grass is damp it clogs up the shoot all the time ,requiring you to remove clogged grass .
Has done about 40 hours work and smokes on start up .
wont go back to honda again.

Purchased for A$1,500.00.

Product is usedOccasionally
Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower for my type of usage I am very happy with this mower and I think it is worth the money

Purchased in September 2019.

Product is usedWeekly
Mel

Mel

Very slow I can push faster

I’m really disappointed with the mower. I’ve owned this for 3 weeks , it’s still brand new. Selling for $1750. It’s VERY slow and not that powerful. I’ve had it checked by Honda and they set it at 3200rpm the max it should be set on. And it’s still not good. I have it on the rabbit (full throttle) and it’s a slow walking pace on gear 3 the fastest setting. I had an old Honda push mower and I got my jobs done a lot quicker with this. I can push faster than the self propelled. I really thought it would be a great mower for my business but it’s slowing me down. I expected to get my jobs done quicker.

Purchased in May 2019.

Dollar

DollarMid North Coast, NSW

Reliable commercial use

Date PurchasedApr 2015
MICHELLE

MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy Customer

Bought this lawnmower 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed, it cuts the grass super fine and holds sooooo much in the catcher. Our lawns are looking perfectly cut and my husband likes that it has a range of gears and the self propelled option drives nicely. definitely worth your money, we bought this from mower world and received perfect customer service!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Ferrett

FerrettCentral West, NSW

My Mowers better than yours

One thing I love to own is a great lawn mower.
Can’t go past Honda mine is not for commercial use this is my second only due to moving states and couldn’t take my other one. Starts first time every time I have it serviced regularly and love how it’s self mulching as I can’t lift the catcher so I don’t use it. This one’s going to outlast me I think. The only downside for me was price $1600 is pretty overwhelming but one the other hand it’s there for the long haul.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Overacted for the price

Very disappointed with this product as a commercial product it fails to cut slight moist buffalo lawn or thick I replaced a masport briggs and Stratton a 4in1 that I had for nearly 20 years and never missed a beat started first go all the time very bad mistake I made buying this Commercial product for money not worth it

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Murray Stones

Murray StonesWollongong

Very Good

I have been mowing lawns for a living over thirty years this is the only mower on the market that will stand up to constant commercial use .
The mower is quite expensive compared to other brands but the the long life makes it well worth the extra money

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Neil J

Neil JBrisbane

Great mower, pity about the service techs and mistruths that come with the mower

I have had a number of 216's over the past 11 years. They are a good mower, although I now do all my own repairs and that of my fellow contractors due to the poor knowledge of the service staff at selling/servicing dealers. Bent axles, broken gearboxes and low HP are all common problems with these mowers. In the latest generations, broken cables seem to be the new trend. This will be my last lot of HRU216's, I will be moving to a different brand. Warranties are often denied on broken parts, even when it's proven to be manufacturing faults. Sorry Honda, your day has passed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
LeSquid

LeSquidGoldfields, WA

Big and powerful, but not perfect for all applications

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ashley

AshleyMerbein

Great Mower!!!!

I got sick of buying a cheap lawn mower every couple of years. This starts 2nd pull every time. Only down side is the weight of it. Its very heavy and makes it difficult lifting in and out of the back of the ute. Thats the only down side even has the water wash point to clean the deck without flipping it over.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

PCJB

PCJBAustralia

One of the best things I own

This works a treat after 5 years and I expect it will keep going that way for another 5 at least. I purchased to mow our 1/2 acre block that has some sloping parts and it does it with ease. At first it seemed a bit heavy and clunky to use but it a short time I figured out when and how to use the self propelling feature to my advantage. I have it serviced once a year but it could easily be done by someone at home who has the time and inclination to do it. I have since purchased a small ride on to cut the mowing time down even more but there are still some areas that the Honda can only do so I cannot part with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

This mower is a Tank and too heavy for parts to handle

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Paddy11

Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great self-propelling mower

Great mower especially the self-propelling part for our steep block. Easy to use and once the initial throttle cable hiccup was sorted it starts on the first pull. Nice big catcher and great mulching function. On the heavy side weight wise but. Very solid build so it should last well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Shannon

Shannon

Dream mower!

Heavy going without being too heavy this is fantastic to work with. Such an easy to use marvel that I'm mowing the lawns of less fortunate neighbours because it's just made so easy! Very easy to start and maintain, well worth the cost even on a pretty small surburban block.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Quality Mower Worth The Purchase

As a commercial mower in 2008 I purchased one of these to make my life easier when doing the tuff and dirty jobs (high grass and big bumpy blocks) i was so impressed i purchased a 2nd one and wouldn't use anything else...great finish and durable not to mention time saving, even the missus could use it on the days she tagged along!

Date PurchasedMar 2008