Honda HRU216

See the Best Petrol Lawn Mowers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Juan G.

Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower for my type of usage I am very happy with this mower and I think it is worth the money

Purchased in September 2019.

Noise Level
Safety
Wet / Damp Grass Performance
Fuel Efficiency
Product is used: Weekly

Mel

Mel

Very slow I can push faster

I’m really disappointed with the mower. I’ve owned this for 3 weeks , it’s still brand new. Selling for $1750. It’s VERY slow and not that powerful. I’ve had it checked by Honda and they set it at 3200rpm the max it should be set on. And it’s still not good. I have it on the rabbit (full throttle) and it’s a slow walking pace on gear 3 the fastest setting. I had an old Honda push mower and I got my jobs done a lot quicker with this. I can push faster than the self propelled. I really thought it would be a great mower for my business but it’s slowing me down. I expected to get my jobs done quicker.

Purchased in May 2019.

DollarMid North Coast, NSW

Reliable commercial use

Date PurchasedApr 2015
MICHELLE

MICHELLE

Very Happy Customer

Bought this lawnmower 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed, it cuts the grass super fine and holds sooooo much in the catcher. Our lawns are looking perfectly cut and my husband likes that it has a range of gears and the self propelled option drives nicely. definitely worth your money, we bought this from mower world and received perfect customer service!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Ferrett

FerrettCentral West, NSW

My Mowers better than yours

One thing I love to own is a great lawn mower.
Can’t go past Honda mine is not for commercial use this is my second only due to moving states and couldn’t take my other one. Starts first time every time I have it serviced regularly and love how it’s self mulching as I can’t lift the catcher so I don’t use it. This one’s going to outlast me I think. The only downside for me was price $1600 is pretty overwhelming but one the other hand it’s there for the long haul.

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Overacted for the price

Very disappointed with this product as a commercial product it fails to cut slight moist buffalo lawn or thick I replaced a masport briggs and Stratton a 4in1 that I had for nearly 20 years and never missed a beat started first go all the time very bad mistake I made buying this Commercial product for money not worth it

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Murray Stones

Murray StonesWollongong

Very Good

I have been mowing lawns for a living over thirty years this is the only mower on the market that will stand up to constant commercial use .
The mower is quite expensive compared to other brands but the the long life makes it well worth the extra money

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Neil J

Neil JBrisbane

Great mower, pity about the service techs and mistruths that come with the mower

I have had a number of 216's over the past 11 years. They are a good mower, although I now do all my own repairs and that of my fellow contractors due to the poor knowledge of the service staff at selling/servicing dealers. Bent axles, broken gearboxes and low HP are all common problems with these mowers. In the latest generations, broken cables seem to be the new trend. This will be my last lot of HRU216's, I will be moving to a different brand. Warranties are often denied on broken parts, even when it's proven to be manufacturing faults. Sorry Honda, your day has passed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
LeSquid

LeSquidPerth

Big and powerful, but not perfect for all applications

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ashley

AshleyMerbein

Great Mower!!!!

I got sick of buying a cheap lawn mower every couple of years. This starts 2nd pull every time. Only down side is the weight of it. Its very heavy and makes it difficult lifting in and out of the back of the ute. Thats the only down side even has the water wash point to clean the deck without flipping it over.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

PCJB

PCJBAustralia

One of the best things I own

This works a treat after 5 years and I expect it will keep going that way for another 5 at least. I purchased to mow our 1/2 acre block that has some sloping parts and it does it with ease. At first it seemed a bit heavy and clunky to use but it a short time I figured out when and how to use the self propelling feature to my advantage. I have it serviced once a year but it could easily be done by someone at home who has the time and inclination to do it. I have since purchased a small ride on to cut the mowing time down even more but there are still some areas that the Honda can only do so I cannot part with it.

Date PurchasedJan 2013

This mower is a Tank and too heavy for parts to handle

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Paddy11

Paddy11MELBOURNE

Great self-propelling mower

Great mower especially the self-propelling part for our steep block. Easy to use and once the initial throttle cable hiccup was sorted it starts on the first pull. Nice big catcher and great mulching function. On the heavy side weight wise but. Very solid build so it should last well.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Shannon

Shannon

Dream mower!

Heavy going without being too heavy this is fantastic to work with. Such an easy to use marvel that I'm mowing the lawns of less fortunate neighbours because it's just made so easy! Very easy to start and maintain, well worth the cost even on a pretty small surburban block.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

Quality Mower Worth The Purchase

As a commercial mower in 2008 I purchased one of these to make my life easier when doing the tuff and dirty jobs (high grass and big bumpy blocks) i was so impressed i purchased a 2nd one and wouldn't use anything else...great finish and durable not to mention time saving, even the missus could use it on the days she tagged along!

Date PurchasedMar 2008
Burga

BurgaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

I miss my victa mower!

After 15 years, my victa finally packed and decided to call it quits. Against my better judgement, I bought this lawnmower as Honda is a reputable mower brand. My lawn gets chewed and then mowed. It's not a clean cut and a nuisance. I dearly miss my victa and regret not purchasing a victa mower.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Fish

FishUmina

Solid machine

I bought the HRU216 about 2 weeks ago very used and broken. After virtually rebuilding it I have used it for 2 days with my business ( testing the repairs before the busy season). It runs great and cuts well, although I haven't used it on thick grass yet I think it will handle it well. I only have 3 minor issues which probably won't affect most users. The handle is quite a bit lower than I like (I'm 6'2") some adjustment would be nice. It is slower than a hrx217 I'm use to an almost jogging pace. The speed can't be changed while moving, if I approach a thick patch of grass I have to stop to change gear. Like I said these are minor and it will be a good 2nd mower for my business.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Lily k

Lily k

Easy to use

The honda hru216 is easy to use and saw to use. It make relatively low noise and cut grass nicely. Since I bought the machine I begin to love cutting lawn. Overall it is a very good lawn machine and I really recommend to everyone who consider to buy it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Phenomenal!

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Max

Max

Good

Used it found it Cool. Good power strong equipment Would recommend to anyone. If it dies I would buy another Honda for sure
Maneuvering is easy and cutting results are excellent with this mower
About maintenance not much is required except the normal oil change routine and spark plug cleaning along with air filter cleaning

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Hany A.

Hany A.asked

I bought it recently and worked with me for 3 hours and then the engine didn't work and I don't know how to start it again?

Dollar

Hi, I would go through your manual and look at the trouble shooting section. Also have you checked your fuel and fuel on/off switch

Vicki

Vickiasked

Hi wanting to purchase one of these lawnmowers,honest answer in thick lawn over a leach drain

Dollar

HI Vicki, power wise no problem however I have had a few issues in long grass if it is damp. The rear shut tends to get blocked. I still think that it is the best value for money and reliability. cheers Greg

John N.asked

How do i know which is the left side of the mower

Dollar

Hi John N. Not sure why you need to know which is the left side of the mower. My guess would be from standing at the handle looking down to the mower, only a guess though.
Cheers,

John N.

Thanks for your answer but I read that if you lift to the right so the air filter is on top then you can reason the you must stand behind the machine to determine left and right As for why I needed to know I broke a drive pawl and they are right or left so there you go!

Get an answer from our members and Honda representatives

Honda Buffalo Classic HRU216M1

Honda Buffalo Classic HRU216M3

Honda Buffalo Classic HRU216M3

Honda Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

Honda Buffalo Classic HRU216M2

CategoryPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn MowersPetrol Lawn Mowers
Price (RRP) $1,749$1,749
Power SourcePetrolPetrol
FeaturesBlade Brake, Foldable Handle, Mulching Capability and Self-PropelledBlade Brake, Mulching Capability and Self-Propelled
Catcher Type CollapsibleRigid
Catcher Capacity70 L70 L
Cutting Deck MaterialAluminium AlloyPlastic
Cutting Width530 mm533 mm
Height of Cut16 mm to 80 mm16 mm to 76 mm
Number of Blades11
Manufacturer Warranty4 year(s)4 year(s)
Engine / Motor