Honda HRU216

HRU216M2, HRU216D, HRU216M1, etc...

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Wet / Damp Grass Performance
  • Fuel Efficiency
Michael O.
Michael O.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor quality, plagued with gearbox problems

Purchased in March 2020 at Stihl Dealer for $1,700.00.

Matthew
MatthewSydney Surrounds, NSW

Terrible clicking

Purchased March 2020 hru216 m3
Nothing but same problems with it

After the 3rd property I get to its struggles to self propelled you can here the click and clunk noise from the drive shaft to the gear box
It’s been in 6 times and these clowns can not fix it
Plus gear box was replaced brand new after one week same issue keeps happening
Honda headquarters don’t give a damn and the dealer doesn’t know what to do

Purchased in March 2020 for $1,800.00.

Matt O.
Matt O.

Honda quality is nose diving

Purchased a mower - under powered with twisted chassis. Made in Melbourne - not good. The Honda customer service are rude - Ash. They have undertrained staff who seem not to like their job - would not employ them. The problem must stem from the top which is unfortunate.

Purchased in January 2020 for $1,200.00.

Baxtersin
BaxtersinNorthern Region, NSW

It's great for what I want

Purchased in February 2020 at Tweed Mower City for $729.00.

craig mckay
craig mckayCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No good in damp grass

When the grass is damp it clogs up the shoot all the time ,requiring you to remove clogged grass .
Has done about 40 hours work and smokes on start up .
wont go back to honda again.

Purchased for $1,500.00.

Juan G.
Juan G.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Perfect Mower for my type of usage I am very happy with this mower and I think it is worth the money

Purchased in September 2019.

Mel
Mel

Very slow I can push faster

I’m really disappointed with the mower. I’ve owned this for 3 weeks , it’s still brand new. Selling for $1750. It’s VERY slow and not that powerful. I’ve had it checked by Honda and they set it at 3200rpm the max it should be set on. And it’s still not good. I have it on the rabbit (full throttle) and it’s a slow walking pace on gear 3 the fastest setting. I had an old Honda push mower and I got my jobs done a lot quicker with this. I can push faster than the self propelled. I really thought it would be a great mower for my business but it’s slowing me down. I expected to get my jobs done quicker.

Purchased in May 2019.

Dollar
DollarMid North Coast, NSW

Reliable commercial use

Date PurchasedApr 2015
MICHELLE
MICHELLESouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Happy Customer

Bought this lawnmower 2 weeks ago and i am really impressed, it cuts the grass super fine and holds sooooo much in the catcher. Our lawns are looking perfectly cut and my husband likes that it has a range of gears and the self propelled option drives nicely. definitely worth your money, we bought this from mower world and received perfect customer service!

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Ferrett
FerrettCentral West, NSW

My Mowers better than yours

One thing I love to own is a great lawn mower.
Can’t go past Honda mine is not for commercial use this is my second only due to moving states and couldn’t take my other one. Starts first time every time I have it serviced regularly and love how it’s self mulching as I can’t lift the catcher so I don’t use it. This one’s going to outlast me I think. The only downside for me was price $1600 is pretty overwhelming but one the other hand it’s there for the long haul.

Date PurchasedJuly 2018

Overacted for the price

Very disappointed with this product as a commercial product it fails to cut slight moist buffalo lawn or thick I replaced a masport briggs and Stratton a 4in1 that I had for nearly 20 years and never missed a beat started first go all the time very bad mistake I made buying this Commercial product for money not worth it

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Murray Stones
Murray StonesWollongong

Very Good

I have been mowing lawns for a living over thirty years this is the only mower on the market that will stand up to constant commercial use .
The mower is quite expensive compared to other brands but the the long life makes it well worth the extra money

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Neil J
Neil JBrisbane

Great mower, pity about the service techs and mistruths that come with the mower

I have had a number of 216's over the past 11 years. They are a good mower, although I now do all my own repairs and that of my fellow contractors due to the poor knowledge of the service staff at selling/servicing dealers. Bent axles, broken gearboxes and low HP are all common problems with these mowers. In the latest generations, broken cables seem to be the new trend. This will be my last lot of HRU216's, I will be moving to a different brand. Warranties are often denied on broken parts, even when it's proven to be manufacturing faults. Sorry Honda, your day has passed.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
LeSquid
LeSquidGoldfields, WA

Big and powerful, but not perfect for all applications

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Ashley
AshleyMerbein

Great Mower!!!!

I got sick of buying a cheap lawn mower every couple of years. This starts 2nd pull every time. Only down side is the weight of it. Its very heavy and makes it difficult lifting in and out of the back of the ute. Thats the only down side even has the water wash point to clean the deck without flipping it over.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017