Masport President 550 ST

Masport President 550 ST

Quality small yard mower

Though this is a smaller mower in the president range it's a good starter. Nice cut, easy start and a good choice for the lazy gardener. At 5ft tall I found it quick and easy, not too big a beast to handle. Really nice, neat cut but a touch too small and not meant for a mow and chip job beneath big trees. A lot of plastic that I feel over time may shorten the life of the mower but several uses in a small slopping section of yard (60-120m2) has shown good results

Date PurchasedNov 2017

Quiet & Excellent

I had an el cheapo from Bunnings that was great, but because a friend with a fledgling mower business needed another mower, & offered to do my lawns free, I gave it to him.
When I moved, I had to buy a new mower. The 2000m2 block had a front lawn on about an 80° angle. My Masport made short work of the grass, and aside from the fact that it wasn't self propelled, and I actually had to push myself, as well as the mower, to get up the hill, it never skipped a beat.
My only complaint would be that if you're not careful, you can knock the air filter cover off when you fold down the handle, and they cost around $60 to replace.

Date PurchasedNov 2015