3Maxxis MA-P1

Maxxis MA-P1

3Maxxis MA-P1
4.3

76% · 163 · 14%
Brand Manager for Maxxis? Claim your listing.

Danny
Danny8 posts

Good

Bought a set of Maxxis from Stillwell Hyundai on my last service. I cannot recall the tyre type, this is was these ones. In general i've had the same brand on the past on other cars and they are good. Eliminates noise and are durable. Came with warranty which is great too. Car drives smooth.

Marky S
Marky SPerth4 posts

Strong Brand, Reasonable Price

After doing some research I realize I didn't need high end performance branded tyres for my 2002 Corolla. I needed something that doesn't hurt my wallet yet not some ambiguous PRC brand. Thus I found out about Maxxis which is made in Taiwan (mind you Taiwan is not part of PRC and they are way different than PRC). I have done 10k on these and they still look almost new. Also it's a sweeter deal when it's buy 3 free 1 offer!

Petet
PetetGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC5 posts

Bad in the wet

OK in the dry but drive steady in the wet around corners because there is not much grip wouldn't fit them again. They seem to be lasting OK at 18000 KLM built is a worry about the low level of grip in damp conditions. I think there are a lot better tyres for not much more money

Jark
JarkAU5 posts

Not safe in the wet

I haven't had the tyres for more than 6 months so cannot comment on durability and long term wear. Road noise is good, dry grip seems quite good also. However I really cannot recommend these. If I would enter a wet roundabout at anything other than a sedate pace the front tyres slip and lose grip. Honestly, these tyres scare me. If you had to quickly turn the wheel on the highway at 100 kph in the wet I would not trust them to maintain grip and avoid the hazard.The tyres came with a 30 or 60 day satisfaction guarantee and unfortunately we didn't have wet weather until after this period so I was SOL.

Size used: 165/60R14

Damo s
Damo sMillicent

Fantastic

Have had a set of Maxxis P1 fitted to my stepdaughters car last September (Toyota echo) have just done a rotation on it and absolutely no visible wear after approx 11500kms will be fitting them to my Kia Rio when it needs tyres asked my stepdaughter what the car was like around the city in the wet she said it's solid on the road with no sign of slip or skid on braking or cornering even in heavy rain

Tony
Tonymelbourne2 posts

great tyres

I have had four of my cars fitted with maxxis tyres and that's all I ask for when I need tyres they have the best grip in the wet and you just notice the difference on the road I highly recommend them, they are also priced well and will last.

Callanish
CallanishCanberra 2600, ACT11 posts

Denny16
Denny16Western Australia, 601151 posts

chris
chris

maxxis ma-p1

I have had maxxis ma-p1 235 (16 ) 60R on a Tucson just done 100,000km great tyer good all rounder no road noise .

baron
baronbathust7 posts

Great tyre for budget

I have two cars to maintain on a tight budget.The first car was fitted with a set of maxxis tyres some three years ago thirty thousand klm still plenty milage left on them. Second car was fitted with the MA-P1 just recently the road noise was less, the cornering was good, good in the wet, good all round tyre for the budget minded.

Mohd
MohdBrisbane

Daihatsu Applause
Daihatsu Applause

Testing

I just changed my 3 worn tyres today for my Daihatsu Applause with these MAP1, originally suppost be Kelly Tyres, but out of stock. So far I've driven on dry road (hope for raining soon, wanna test out the traction)...saw so many good review, I wanna give it a try ($79 per tyre)...together with alignment and balancing, all done....if is good, i wanna buy another 2 more (make it all 4 MAP1, and 1 MAP1 for spare).....
Cheap, saw so many positive reviews on this tyre
Not sure yet..nothing to say
Bush Tan