Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation

Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation

See the Best Face Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Maybelline? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Oil-controlling matte-finish
Blends into skin effectively
Good value for money

Cons

Not as suitable for dry skin

• Top Review

I Was Surprised!

I wasn't expecting too much on this product because I have tried other foundations with the same price but the effect weren't great. This one is different. It was very easy to apply with any tools. It is also buildable so if you're not contented with the 1st layer, you can always add another layer. It is comfortable on my skin.
After 6 hours, I oiled up but the foundation was still great after blotting. It's very humid in the place where I'm at so I already expected that. The only part where the foundation was ruined were on the sides of my nose and under my lips.
Check my full review @ [weblink removed]

Baz
BazCanberra 2600, ACT
  • Top Review

This is a truly horrible foundation

I haven't worn makeup for ages, and thought I'd give this a go for a function I had to attend. It didn't go on my face at all smoothly. It went straight into my pores and made them stand out like little neon lights. The coverage on the rest of my face was very patchy and rough, and it was painfully obvious that I was wearing foundation ... which completely defeated the purpose. I had to wash it all off, there was no way I was going out in public looking like that. A horrible product that I wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Jaysee S
Jaysee SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Foundation but doesn't keep you matte all day

Purchased in at Coles for $14.

Hippie
HippieSouth East Queensland, QLD

No pump

Doesn’t included pump in bottle, take time to pour out foundation...l find the ‘Max Factor X’ Radiant the bestest products so far and it’s so easy to used and quicker

Daniella Pino
Daniella PinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect formula, So many shades

This product is amazing I can wear it all day and it is not too heavy on the skin and very easy to remove at the end of the day, Best part is how many shades are available so it actually matches to your skin tone

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse for $12.

Mandyk
Mandykmelbourne

Not for sensitive skin

It has good coverage and gives skin a good glow but for me next day after using it, it caused me acne so I think not suitable for acne prone skin

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse.

Face Products

Find out how Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation compares to other Face Products

Tara Lea G.
Tara Lea G.The Mallee, VIC

Maybelline FitMe Matte foundation very drying on skin

Purchased at Coles for $16.

ShaniaB
ShaniaBsydney

super matte for my own liking

I have combination skin, i get oily on my forehead, nose and some parts of my cheeks. On a daily basis I use this foundation and notice that it cracks on some areas of my face, it does cover my pores but it cakes. If you have the same skin condition as mine, you should prep your face first by exfoliating and putting some moisturizer on.

Purchased in for $12.50.

Ts
TsBairnsdale

Not the best for my skin

My skin is dry to normal and I found this foundation to cake on my skin and be very dry. The other small problem was finding the right color match for my skin tone the color I thought would be fine was absolutely as I went very orange took 5 different shades to find my match. I can’t say I’m a big fan it’s not full coverage and showed my pores.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Subuhee
Subuhee

Worst drug store foundation

I have used many brands’ drug store foundations but by far this is the worst foundation. I bought it from chemist warehouse. It has weird smell and no coverage whatsoever. I am really disappointed.

Kylie
Kylie

Best drug store foundation

Product was great when it was first introduced. Definitely matte and poreless when I used it on my normally oily skin in summer. Buildable coverage and comes in many shades. Great that it’s cheap and even cheaper when on sale at major supermarkets and pharmacies. Still my everyday foundation but have found that in the last 8 or so months,it wasn’t as good as when I first tried it.

I Was Surprised!

Check my full review @ [weblink removed]

Emy
EmyMelbourne

It's good, but not as good as expected

This is my current everyday foundation, and i do find i keep repurchasing but mainly as I'm so pale and not many brands offer pale shades. I do like the foundation, but not as good as everyone hypes it up to be.
I don't find it stays all day, and starts to crack around my nose, but until i find something else, i will continue to purchase.

Jynx
JynxSouth East Queensland, QLD

I was expecting better

I found this foundation 'just ok'. If you plan on trying it, I'd suggest buying it on special. I don't feel it delivered on its promise of 'poreless' in the slightest. They do have nicer shades of foundation than other brands, however, but alas, I consider these to just be a basic fioundation.

Krystal
KrystalSouth East Queensland, QLD

Meh

I personally didn't like this product. I found the foundation to have a yellow tinge. They don't have the best range of complexion colours. It has a very tiny pump which usually requires me to use it 2 or 3 pumps to get a full coverage. by the end of the day it wears off and shows my pores. Doesn't really do what it says. Wouldn't recommend.

Shimeng
ShimengSydneh

my go to drug store foundation

Gracie
GracieQueensland

disappointed with this one

I love the Maybelline bb stick and a ton of their stuff so when I saw this I thought it was a no risk. It is matte but too matte for me? I feel like it accentuates dry patches on my skin but doesn't control oil on my t-zone area. I feel it oxidizes more than other foundation on my skin too for some reason. maybe it's just not for me.

Mya
Myaasked

Does it have a big possibility of making my acne worse?

Eve
Eveasked

When is the best time to use my perfect facial? Morning or night?

Sriyanka. Behera
Sriyanka. Beheraasked

As it is silicon based, it is harmful to skin or not?

Features

• As a foundation that’s made to help balance oily skin, the formula uses micro-powders to control shine.
  • Features a non-comedogenic formula, which means the ingredients won’t clog or block pores. This is suitable for people with sensitive skin.
  • Dermatologist tested and allergy tested, to make this foundation safer on skin.
  • To use, Maybelline recommends applying foundation onto the skin and blending with fingertips or an applicator.

Points of praise

• Blends well with skin, for a seamless finish.
  • The wide variety of skin-tone shades was appreciated by reviewers.
  • The ability to build layer upon layer until you reach your desired level of coverage was considered a plus point by happy reviewers.
  • This foundation from Maybelline provided an impressive pick for its price, and worked well when compared to other brands’ offerings at this price point.

Points to Consider

• Some reviewers disagreed with Maybelline’s claim that this is a matte foundation, as they found it felt greasy or blocked pores.
  • This foundation doesn’t work well with everyone’s skin type. For people with dry skin to begin with, it can over-dry their skin uncomfortably.
  • Coverage can appear patchy on some people’s skin.
CategoryFace Products