Maytronics Dolphin DB3

Maytronics Dolphin DB3

Dissatisfied customer

Our 3rd power supply box in 4 years has just failed. Average life span seems to be about 14months..... just out of warranty! The vacuum is cleaned out regulary and is working OK ........ when the power supply box works!! We were told Maytronics is the best brand. Costing us a fortune! Should've read the reviews first!

Purchased in January 2018.

Pool Size Small
Functionality
Wall and Step Cleaning
Hi Karin. Could you please contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance as we would like the opportunity to resolve this with you. Thank you.

tough as old boots

purchased when we first built our pool December 2015. Is in a tough environment (we back on to a creek line with lots of trees) and would be lost without it. The pool is small (2.5m x 5m) so spends a lot of time climbing and as such we have had to have the climbing wheels replaced 2 weeks ago. Also have broken 2 impellers but due to all the debris and the fact we do not remove it from the pool and also run it every day i believe this is not a problem. Has cut the maintenance required in the pool dramatically and when this one finally dies will definitely buy another.

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Unsattisfied customer

I obtained a new Dolphin DB3 in May 2015, I have experienced problems with the unit from the outset.
The unit initially failed to climb the walls to the waterline, the water was tested by the local pool shop and the chemicals were sufficiently balanced. The local Maytronics Rep (Melbourne Australia) reprogrammed the unit which fixed the problem.

3 years later, I am currently on the fourth Power Supply. The motor has failed a few weeks ago, I had emailed the local Maytronics rep and was told to take the DB3 to the local pool shop which I have done. I was told that the Maytronics rep has done some diagnostics on the unit and established that the motor no longer works. I was advised that a new motor was required which would cost AU$495. I was also told that I could get a good deal on a new Dolphin pool cleaner. What doesn't add up is that I am on the fourth power supply unit and the motor no longer works (does the power supply not supply power to the motor).

I have been told that I'm leaving the unit in the water to long yet the power supply has the option to clean every 3 days (I cant see how this would damage the power supply that is not submerged and would assume that the control unit and motor are in a watertight enclosure).

I have heard very good reviews on Maytronics's Dolphin cleaners, perhaps I have a dud unit.
When the cleaner works , it works well

Date PurchasedMay 2015
Hi, we are checking the history on this machine to see how we can help you out.Thank you, I look forward to hearing from you.

Brand new worked until it was turned off to clean

Brand new db2 came as package with new pool. The electric reset and test plug a dud, have used it three times only. I needed to clean as new pool was installed. Dealer arranged technician to come out and this part needs replacing already. Longevity of this product a worry for me.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Rob, very sorry to hear you are somewhat not 100% satisfied with your DB2. There are a number of things that can cause you test plug (or safety RCD) to trip. Not saying these are case in your situation (impossible to tell from the comment). Eg, Storms, high or low voltage spikes can cause the RCD to fail and not recover, as well as sometimes they chatter as the power fluctuates, or perhaps it was a faulty part. We offer industry leading warranty terms because we have confidence in our product and want to give customers peace of mind if something happens to go wrong. We will send you a private message so we can connect to provide you better service should you need it.

Hi . I have Dolphin DB3 was working ok until last summer when it started only running for about five minutes then stopping. It will start up straight away receiving power with both slow and fast settings showing blue lights. I have googled this problem and it seems quite a regular issue with some people claiming hair wrapped around the impeller, by impeller i assume they mean the yellow fan blade. Anyhow i checked and removed and replaced it but still have the same issue. Can you tell me the nearest service centre ? I an located in Oak Flats NSW 2529 Australia. Cheers Steve.
Hi Steve. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this for you to understand what is happening with your robot. We can then advise as to the closest dealer that is able to assist.

Same problem here. was working, then turned off now when i turn it on, it doesn't work. lights turn on on box. machine doesn't work. intermittent from the beginning. wont be buying one if these again. seems known issues ! Any help?
Hello, Thank you for your message. I apologise that your robot does not seem to be functioning the way that it should. Could you please advise as to which model of robot you are experiencing difficulties with? Could you please also advise if your power cable has an RCD switch? As you have explained that your robot seems to be working intermittently, it could be due to the multiple factors. It includes factors such as a high pH of the water which prohibits the robot from gaining traction in order to move around freely, the filter cartridges/basket may be full or perhaps an obstruction within the impeller or the drive tracks. Could you please assess these factors so that we can eliminate them as a contributing factor. Please call us on 1300 693 657 or email customercareau@maytronics.com should you require further assistance.

I have a Dolphin DB2. It was on a cycle I went up to the pool to check and it had stopped. Removed it from the pool, cleaned the filter basket. Replaced and put it back in the pool. Lights came on but the Dolphin now won't start up. 6 months old. Only used weekly. What could be the problem?A bit worried now after reading not so positive reviews
Hi, please call us at Maytronics on 1300 693 657 and we can help get you working again quickly.