10Maytronics Dolphin S Line

RuthIvySouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Top Review Dolphin S 200
Functionality

Long term problems

I have had my S200 for around 19 months. It was 10 months old when I bought it. So it is Around 2.5 years old. When it works, it is fantastic but unfortunately the older it has gotten the more unreliable it has become. I have lost count this year how many repairs I have had done. More than 10 this year. It is back in the shop again and now needs another new motor after only having the motor replaced less than 12 months ago. So a $500 repair. I have seen advertising that says that these cleaners will last up to 10 years so the two year warranty doesn’t matter. It matters. I feel like as soon as mine was out of warranty I have had nothing but trouble with it. I am now facing the prospect of paying $2550 for a new cleaner as it feels like I’m throwing good money after bad with my old cleaner. Buyers beware that you may only get two years or so out of this cleaner. When I contacted the company the response was defensive & unhelpful. They took no responsibility for their product and advised that I must have cleaned the pool too many times...

Purchased in at Rode Pools for $1,300.

• Pool Size: Large
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Maytronics   DM

Hi Ruth. Thank you for your feedback. We understand that you had been in contact with our Customer Care team and that information had been provided regarding your Dolphin S200. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 for any further assistance.

Duck
DuckPerth, WA7 posts
  Top Review Dolphin S 200

Best pool cleaner I have ever had

The Dolphin S200 is an ideal pool cleaner that picks up all debris and does the job perfectly.
Having had various other types of cleaners that rely on being connected to the pool filtration system and run when the pool filter is going do not do as good a job as these standalone systems.
There is a big saving on running costs and a lot less use of chemicals because the Dolphin S200 stores the debris in it is own easy to clean canister which means that no dirt particles end up in the pool filter which also means less backwashing of the filter.
I am particularly impressed with how clean my water is now and how it mangers to clean the walls, side tiles and the complete pool.
The Dolphin S200 is an attractive machine and has no noise when operating is easy to clean and operate, just put it in the pool and push the start button and the pool is completely clean in two hours.
It is recommended to remove the pool cleaner from the pool when not in use and when the pool is being used.
I have noticed a big saving on my time, chemicals and power costs since converting to this type of pool cleaner and highly recommend this product.

Purchased in .

• Pool Size: Average
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Michelle king
Michelle kingFar North Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Fair Incentive Dolphin S100

Great value for money

After purchasing many different brands from cheaper to absolute top of range this pool cleaner was by far the best performing pool cleaner at an absolute reasonable price, is perfect for our needs! Thoroughly recommend this pool cleaner picks up everything and very easy to use and comes with a greet feature of 3 different types of programmable self timer settings. Show details ·  1
Dan
DanSouth East Queensland, QLD
Functionality

Questionable build quality

The S100 pool cleaner does a good job at cleaning our pool.
However, I question the build quality. After 11 months, there is a crack on the top flap that is slowly getting bigger. I took the cleaner to the local repair shop (poolwerx) to be repaired under warranty. The repair shop said that Maytronics told them that the crack is "cosmetic due to wear and tear".
I can purchase a replacement part when the top flap no longer closes, but I think a better option would be to purchase a different brand that is more durable. Show details
Sydney J.
Sydney J.Sydney, NSW
  Dolphin S100

Good quality, easy to use

I recommend this one to anyone looking for a convenient and effective way to help keep their pool clean. Show details ·  1
Emma
EmmaSydney, NSW2 posts
  Dolphin S100

Product works well so far

Good design and function. It's doing a good job moving around the pool. Show details ·  1
caperreoleonardo72
caperreoleonardo72Sydney, NSW

Works Great

⁦This is one of the best pool cleaners. It is working great and has made a big difference in keeping our pool clean. Show details ·  1
Bryan R.
Bryan R.Sydney, NSW
  Dolphin S100

We just got our S100 Dolphin and its working fine. The old saying is buy cheap, buy twice - stay clear of the cheaper brands, not worth the hassle! Show reply
Alton L.
Alton L.Sydney, NSW

Its amazing

Brilliant cleaner with app so you can program to clean from the phone. Worth spending a little more. Show details ·  1
Michael
MichaelSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive Dolphin S 200

Sit back and let the Robot do the work!

Since purchasing the Dolphin S200 I have been able to enjoy my pool so much more. Cleaning the pool used to be so time consuming especially manually cleaning with the hand-held catcher. It's now just a matter of plugging in, turning on and letting it clean. The robot scrubs the waterline tiles and picks up all the leaves that blow into the pool. It really has saved me so much time and effort. Would definitely recommend! Show details ·  1
Katie
Katie3 posts
  Fair Incentive Dolphin S 200

Game changer

After countless suction cleaners, we finally caved and got the Dolphin S200. We have a pebblecrete 9mt pool and this robot is incredible. We used the suction cleaner first, then put the robot in to see the difference. OMG the amount of small dirt particles and slime we found after the first go was discussing.....but incredible! Huge fan of the Dolphin! Show details ·  1
A R.
A R.12 posts
  Dolphin S 200

Not made to last and zero customer service after warranty

Dolphin Ultimate died just after warranty and Maytronics not willing to assist in repairing just after $$$ to buy full motor block and charge $1.6 to repair $2.8k robot just under 4 years old. “Nothing we can do outside of warranty” “go see your local pool shop”. Junk not made to last. Don’t waste your money unless you are willing to pay $1k per year investment. Rubbish. Show details
Sisi
SisiSydney, NSW2 posts

Fantastic performance

I tried a few other models before Maytronics and I have to say my Dolphin is awesome - its cleans by pool better than before. Dolphin really is the best on the market, my pool has never looked so clean Show reply
Peter L
Peter LSydney, NSW2 posts

Really quick cleaning

I purchased online and found the 'choose my robot' tool helpful, delivery was quick from my local pool shop and the Dolphin itself is great - has cleaned by pool meaning I can now chill out by the pool and enjoy! Show details ·  1
Tracy G
Tracy GSydney, NSW2 posts

best and easy to use

Surprised how well it performed. We have always has suction cleaners and decided to upgrade to a robot. We tried a few and found the Maytronics Dolphin to be the best. Great performance. Really easy to use and our kids have named it Eddie! Thanks Maytronics! Show details ·  1

Tom S.
Tom S. · Dolphin S 200

Is there any way I can set my Dolphin S200 to not do the walls/waterline clean every time and just focus on the floor of the pool? I.e. a quick clean. Thanks

Jonny H.
Jonny H. · Dolphin S100

Hi guys, I've had my s100 for around a week, does it take long to map the pool? Vinal underground pool with a concrete base, I've also got a bench seat with angled steps at 1 end with a circular deep end.. it looks like it gets stuck in the same pattern and doesn't clean the corners?? Chees

Amir M
Amir M

Hi
I have mine also about 2 weeks old. I am guessing it has mapped the pool by now because I see it cleans very nicely.
Not sure why your get stuck. Maybe contact the support and ask the question

Stuart · Dolphin S400

I just used my new Dolphin Liberty 400 (cordless) for the first time and its run a full cycle with wall climbing etc but when it finished, there are large areas completely untouched. It seems to have only covered around 60% of the pool floor. I watched it spend a lot of time down one section of the pool. This thing does not clean my pool anywhere near as well as my suction cleaner. I thought these things had some sophisticated navigation system to completely clean the whole pool? I'll be taking it back to the shop I purchased it from if this is the best it can do.

Ron
Ron

I have the S400, Same issue. It does pick up but it doesn't leave the pool clean

Chris C.
Chris C.

Spot on. This thing is junk. I’m lucky to get 10% of my pool clean because it goes back and forth from my step to the back wall. That’s it! Sent it back to Maytronics and they said it works fine. Now they refuse to speak or call me back.

See all Maytronics Dolphin S Line questions

Compare all Maytronics Dolphin S Line listings
Pros
    Simple to get in and out of pool
    Easy to clean after use
CategoryRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool Cleaners
Price (RRP) $1,499$3,299$2,499$1,999
Cord Length15 m18 m18 m15 m
Weight6.5 kg7.5 kg7.5 kg7.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)4 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release date