11Maytronics Dolphin M Line

4.1

Fred
Fred3 posts
  Top Review M400

Owned nine months and really happy!

My experience with this pool cleaner has been different to a number of the other reviewers, maybe the majority of those who write reviews are the unhappy ones? But I have been delighted with our M400 after 9 months of fortnightly use in a smallish concrete rectangular pool. For starters the company staff really tried very hard to help me select the right unit. Secondly the unit does all it is claimed to do — climbs the walls, moves slightly horizontally when it reaches the surface, and covers the pool comprehensively in the 2.5 hour cycle. Negatives? The cable is a little inflexible to rewind, the unit is fairly heavy when lifting out of the water, and the carrying caddy is not a perfect design. I clean the filter cartridges on the unit after each use, which maybe some people do not, and that is a quick exercise. I was originally also critical of the company for the confusing marketing approach they were using in applying different badges to what was essentially the same machine for different distributors. But the M400 I have has done all I expected and more.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
JtotheR
JtotheRMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts
  Top Review M400

Do not buy if your pool is curved in shape or has curved sides!

What a mistake for the price! My old Creepy-Crawler got around to every corner of my pool, but unfortunately for me this M400 Dolphin gets stuck as soon as it hit the curves. Wheels are spinning and nothing moving!! I took it back to the retailer and complained it was getting stuck. I commented it had the wrong brushes - (they were the foam Wonder brushes(?), instead of the PVC brushes). They said no, I had the right brushes for a fiberglass pool but I had the wrong angle on the handle float. Hogwash - I adjusted it and made no difference. Now, every time I use this M400 I have to keep an eye out so when it gets stuck I have to move it to get it going again. Admittedly, the areas it does clean, it does a good job, but I always use the Ultra-fine filter cartridges instead of the net filters. I just wished it would clean the whole pool and without my intervention to get it going. The advertising for the Dolphin is that you sit back, relax and never have to worry about the pool cleaner. Yeah right!!

I am really sorry that this product is over-priced, over-hyped and over-here...in my pool.

• Date Purchased:
Review your last purchase on ProductReview.com.au
Maytronics   DM

Hi, we would love to help you get the best experience with your Dolphin M400. Please call us on 1300 693 657, we are here to help.

ozN
ozNSydney Surrounds, NSW18 posts

A++++

Tried out a few machines and this was by far the best. It isnt cheap but you certainly pay for what you get with Maytronics. It is easy to set and go and always leaves the pool spotless however dirty it was at the start. Also easy to clean. Show details ·  1
Guy
Guy
  Fair Incentive M700

Maytronics Dolphin

Great clean. Love the connectivity to show the clean cycle as well as being able to program and delay the clean. Show details ·  1
Raymond A.
Raymond A.Sydney, NSW

Does a good job

The machine does a decent job keeping the pool cleaned especially since I run it pretty frequently. Show details ·  1
davidcallanan57
davidcallanan57Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Cool and Useful

It works perfectly and it keeps the bottom clean and is easy to clean and empty! Show details ·  1
freddywalker18
freddywalker18Sydney, NSW

Worth ever penny

Wow this is incredible. I've only had it a week, but it has successfully cleaned the bottom of our pool each time. Show details ·  1
Eric D.
Eric D.Sydney, NSW

This thing really works!

It's worked great now for a month and never experienced a stoppage. Show details ·  1
Jody G.
Jody G.Sydney, NSW

Overall very satisfied

Works awesome in my pool. Instructions and tools to make it work properly were very clear. Show details ·  1
jamesbonddjd
jamesbonddjdSydney, NSW

Simply Awesome

In my opinion it is the best pool cleaner in it's price range. Happy with it, it does the job. Show details ·  1
Chris B.
Chris B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

very satisfied

Better than expected! Easy to set up and quick. It cleaned the pool in less time than it has taken me to set up the vacuum hose and attachments in the past Show details ·  1
Ronald T.
Ronald T.Sydney, NSW

Exactly as specified

This is the best pool cleaner I have found. Great product that hopefully will remain this way. I would recommend this product to anyone who might need a pool cleaner! Show details ·  1
Ronaldo W.
Ronaldo W.Sydney, NSW

Well impressed

Just got our new Dolphin over the weekend and unpacked it, put it in the pool and away it goes. Its pretty much cleaned the whole pool and even did some of the steps. Well impressed. Show details ·  1
Furqan Bin A.
Furqan Bin A.Sydney, NSW

love it!

Love it and our friends love coming over to see it do its magic in the pool!! Show details ·  1
Andrew
Andrew

Power cable failure again

I have a dolphin m600 and it does a great job but now it's not working again it appears the power cable has leaked/failed again, It should still be under warranty but 2x power cable failures in 2 years is unimpressive. Show details
Maytronics   DM

Hi Andrew Thankyou for your response. Please call Customer care on 1300 693 657 so we can assist you further.

Chris T · Dolphin M600

I bought a Dolphin m600 in November 2023. When I run it, it rarely fills the filter basket with leaves. I have run the robot 3 times a day and the pool floor is still not clean and the basket is always one third full of leaves. My last machine was a dolphin s40 and we didn't have this problem. I need some ideas as to why this is occurring with a new machine.

R Gibson
R Gibson
Fiona C.
Fiona C. · Dolphin M400

We installed a pool this time last year and bought the M400 cleaner with the pool. My cleaner keeps getting stuck on the corner of our bottom step. I've tried adjusting the handles to different positions but it doesn't seem to make a difference. It means I have to go out every 5 mins or so to check on it and I can never put it on and leave the house.

Kate
Kate · Dolphin M600

How do I replace the white foam climbing rings on a Maytronics Dolphin Active X6.
I’ve purchased them but not sure how to put them on.

Maytronics   DM

Hi Kate, Thank you for your enquiry regarding your Dolphin Active X6.

Please reach out to our customer care team on 1300 693 657 option 2 and we provide you with this information.

Many thanks and enjoy the rest of your day!

See all Maytronics Dolphin M Line questions

Compare all Maytronics Dolphin M Line listings
Pros
    Easy to remove and clean filters
    Thoroughly cleans pool
    Has handy storage caddy
Cons
Less effective on curved surfaces
CategoryRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool CleanersRobotic Pool Cleaners
Price (RRP) $2,510.10$3,399
Cord Length18 m18 m
Pool SurfaceConcrete, Fibreglass, Glass Beads, Pebblecrete, Quartzon, Tiled and Vinyl Lined
Pool TypeAbove Ground and Inground
Manufacturer Warranty3 year(s)4 year(s)
ManualDownload manualDownload manual