Maytronics Dolphin M500

Maytronics Dolphin M500

M500, M500 Liberty

Karen K.

Karen K.

Great company to deal with

I had some issues out of the warranty period, Maytronics worked with me to resolve them, this is a company that stands behind their product and provide great customer support!

Purchased in February 2015.

Colin R

Colin RSydney, NSW

Bluetooth connectivity is lousy

Whilst it cleans the pool fairly well (walls excluded), the connectivity to the unit is rubbish. Unless I'm within .5 meter it doesn't connect. Sometimes have to try 2 or 3 times to connect. The weekly timer is also inconsistent and I have to reprogram the unit all the time.
If you change the sponge rollers, they will cost you a fortune (around AUD$200 for 4 pieces of foam)
After owning the unit for 2 years I have come to the conclusion that it was not worth the money

Purchased in October 2017 for $2,500.00.

Pool Size Small

Cleans the floor...... mostly

Robert.H

Robert.HSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Pool Cleaner

This pool cleaner has made our pool (and owners) happier. It is very efficient and cleans the tiles around the pool so there is no need for this to be done manually. When first setting up the program cleaning there was never a problem getting information we needed. The service staff were more than helpful when we had to replace our power source when it was damaged in a severe electrical storm.

Purchased in December 2018 for $2,000.00.

Lucinda R.

Lucinda R.Central West, NSW

Best investment for our Family

Did a lot of research and invested in the Dolphin M500 by Maytronics, Wow!! it is amazing we moved into our new home and the pool hadn't been cleaned for a while, we had it in the pool for the day and by the end of the day our pool was Crystal Clear, so easy to operate and it does all the work for you.

Purchased in June 2019 for $2,600.00.

LDB

LDBSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sparkling clean pool

The Dolphin is keeping the pool perfect with minimal intervention. The filters do need emptying regularly when there are leaves in the pool, but it is far better than our previous cleaner. Very happy.
We have trees around the pool which put a heavy load on any cleaner. The Dolphin is coping well, plus keeping the pool floor and walls and water sparkling clean.

Purchased in January 2019.

Gina

GinaSouth East Queensland, QLD

This has made our lives easy!!!!

Having a horrible tree next door we have always had problems with leaves, the dolphin M500 makes life so much easier now, it picks them up brilliantly. We have had to use the fine filters only once so far to pick up the very fine sediment that is on the bottom of the pool. I have to say the only thing is that it is a bit heavy especially when first taking it out of the pool, but the work it does outweighs that.
Extremely happy with the product!!!

Purchased in February 2019.

Pool Size Large

Cameron E.

Cameron E.Perth, WA

Works well when it actually runs

Purchased in December 2014 for $2,100.00.

Peter from Brisbane

Peter from BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

THE BIGGEST WASTE OF MONEY

I have had nothing but trouble with this cleaner, 11 visits to pool shop to have it repaired over 5 years, only to be told that nothing was wrong with it or user error! I mean come on you put the cleaner in the pool and press start right! New motor, new bearings twice, changed the cable, power supply and on the control panel, remote unit did not even bother with that and finally a motherboard and now I am told that it to upgrade to the newer. NO thanks Maytronics the contempt and lack of empathy shown by you and your agent is outrageous and I will never send anymore of my hard earned money your way again.

Purchased in September 2014 for $1,950.00.

mario

marioPerth, WA

very unreliable not happy

never happy with its performance and it stop working just after the warranty ran out and then cost me $450 to get it fixed my last cleaner lasted 8 years .Seems like the biggest problem with the dolphin cleaner is they only last about 3 years not good enough for such an expensive product.

Purchased in December 2015 for $1,750.00.

Pool Size Large

June LBanksia Beach

Suggest there's better value elsewhere.

We purchased our Maytronics Dolphin Supreme M5 for $2499 on 13/11/2013 after being assured it was the best robot cleaner -- with 36 month warranty. Worked well till 9/05/17 when it had to be fitted with a new motherboard cost $398 after a discount due to my complaining that such an expensive item should have lasted longer. In Dec 2018 it stopped working again. Have just received quote for repairs (note how long it has taken for quote to be given - 2 months). Quote is around $1100. Needs new motor, etc etc. Very disappointed with the reliability of this product. And the pool shop suggests we buy another of the same brand!!

Date PurchasedNov 2013
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi June. Please contact us on 1300 693 657 or at customercareau@maytronics.com and we will look into this with you to understand what is happening with your robot.

M500

I purchased a home that came with the dolphin m500 it switches off after 5 minutes of use can someone please help me I’m in Sydney Australia. Remote is all damaged on inside. Need new remote also. Will it cost a fortune to repair replace items on this thing. Also what would people recommend for a pebble Crete pool 65000litres

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Carl J.Chesapeake

Not a reliable product

Purchased our M-500 two months ago based on the product claiming to clean the pool more efficiently and the product operating on low voltage. There are no trees near our pool, so the Dolphin is simply used to scrub the pool liner surface.

Trouble immediately out of the box with difficulty pairing the Dolphin to my Samsung phone. Additionally, within two months after purchaee, the M-500 does not operate and I already need to take the product in for repair. I should have known that the M-500 is discontinued.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Carl, thanks for the update glad to hear your Dolphin is going well.

cmikgo

cmikgoHollywell

Thanks for the reviews

Reading all the reviews, it looks like the older models were not that flash. Looks like the 2017 model is a much better system then the predecessor, its hard for a product to pull up after getting bad reviews so the new model must be good. Everyone seams happy with it so I am going out to get one. keep you posted.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Andy B

Andy BNorth Rocks

Amazing

This cleaner is fantastic! I have owned the M500 since last Summer and havent had any complaints. It cleans the walls and floor and filters the pool water at the same time. I can go on Holidays and set the timer to clean my pool every three days and when I come home the pool is clean.
I highly recommend this cleaner to anyone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dave

DaveBairnsdale

3 year lifespan, minimal support.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Maytronics A.Maytronics

We pride ourselves on after sales service and have the most competitive spare parts in the industry. Will send a private message for further details on your repair.

Love my M500

I purchased the M500 just after we installed the pool last year in August (2017). I used it in the initial cleaning after the pool was turned over to us and all the way through the winter season as I wanted to be able to enjoy the pool.

Can't imagine not having this thing to help me with pool maintenance!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thanks for your review Rick.

E.S

E.SBrisbane

Not worth the money

Date PurchasedFeb 2014

Unbloody believable

Best thing I've ever spent money on. Chucked my dolphin in my unused pool of 5 years before I went out for lunch, and when I got back half an hour later, the murky black water was sparkling clean, the branches had gone, my lawn was mowed, and even the washing had been hung out. Highly recommend

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

ColR

ColRSydney, NSW

Best pool cleaner on the market

A little pricey, but worth every cent. Fully programmable via Bluetooth. Does not require the pool pump to be operational, hence saving a lot of money. Its computer system 'learns' and maps the pool Cleans unbelievable well and easy to clean the filters.
Highly recommended. Beats any other pool cleaner on the market.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Steven Jenningsasked

my m500 turns on impeller starts and water flows but then immediately shuts off. repressing the power button it does same again. i check impeller for hair or debris lodged or wrapped around impeller. nothing found appears to be track not moving but there is nothing clogged or lodged in the track. Any help?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Thank you for your inquiry Steve. Are you available to call our Customer Care Team on 1300693657 Option 2 as there a number of things we can go through to get your Dolphin running beautifully again.

Steven Jennings

business hours? i've tried unplugging from wall plug, disconnected from power unit all for 30 mins turned upside down. never goes into test mode. also, the unit turns on impeller starts but when unit attempts to move power unit shuts down as if loss if power.

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Steven. Our Customer Care Team is available between the hours of 8:30am and 5pm, Monday to Friday. We are also able to be contacted via email to customercareau@maytronics.com if this is a better suited method of communication. Once we are able to confirm the troubleshooting that has been completed, we will then be able to look into the next steps so that we can have your robot back up and running to full functionality.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Why did you discontinue the M500 Supreme ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin Supreme M500 has not been discontinued. It is a current, in-market robot and is available for purchase at several authorized dealers across Australia. Please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via email to customercareau@maytronics.com for any further enquiries.

Rick Lerette

Rick Leretteasked

Do I need to charge battery pack before use ?

Maytronics A.Maytronics

Hi Rick. The Dolphin M500 is not a battery operated cleaner and does not require any form of charging prior to use. Its power supply connects directly into a power socket. Please do not hesitate to contact us on 1300 693 657 option 2 or via reply email to customercareau@maytronics.com for further assistance. Have a great day.

Get an answer from our members and Maytronics representatives