3Medela Breastmilk Storage Bottles

Bottle LeakageYes · No

Hin'e Campbell
Hin'e CampbellSouth East Queensland, QLD6 posts

Not great

My baby is basically formula fed so I use roughly 8 bottles a day. I've noticed that the bottles always leak so I lose milk onto bubs chest. The teat flow is hit and miss, sometimes it's good other times it drips out Show details
Medela   DM

Hi Hin'e, Thank you for your honest review of our Breastmilk Bottles. Please contact our Customer Service Team at contact.au@medela.com or on 1800 787 345 and they can help you with a resolution to your situation.
Warmly,
Liz at Medela.

tessa
tessa

dangerous

These bottles have terrible seals. They have spilled all over my baby many times , milk all over the cot and very scary for her, pretty much similar to water boarding !!!!! Show details
Kim
KimGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

sophia w.
sophia w.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Serious leaking problem

I bought multiple Medela bottles and teats. Almost all of them start to leak after using for a short while. The leaking wasted a lot of milk and made a mess to my baby's clothes. I am very frustrated with the leaking problem. I will switch to other brands. Show details
Medela   DM

Hi Sophia Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry you are experiencing issues with your bottles. Please contact our customer service department on 1800 787 345 and we will arrange for them to be exchanged for you.
Kind regards
Pauline

Fez
Fez

Just like the others

Needed a slow release bottle as our bub feeds too quickly. Other bottles we have state 'newborn' or the like but just flow too quick. When we saw 'slow flow' we thought, 'bingo!'. But just as bad as the rest. Still comes out too quick. Back to the drawing board.

Kath
Kath3 posts

Not worth the purchase

I have recently purchased the the 250 ml bottles. I have found the lids leak. Not the teat insert lid the other lid that come with the bottle. I have been in the situation where it leaked all through my bag and i had no milk for my baby. I much prefer the older lids.

Rebecca Craig
Rebecca CraigACT10 posts

Won't Have a Long Life

We used these bottles in combination with other brands and the Medela bottles have not stood the test of time. We used these bottles with Pigeon collars and nipples without the leakage problems others have had. The main problem we have is the measurement marks have worn off the bottles. They have always been hand washed and never microwaved. It's not a problem now, but if we were to have another baby that required measured feeding it would be a problem and to use them would result in inconvenience due to double measuring.

Don't bother with Medela if you're considering multiple children.

Teena
Teena

Total waste of money

Complete waste of money bottle leak all the time. Would not recommend anyone to buy, i bought 10 bottles because my bub was on expressed breast milk and i used medela pump but after 3 month i have to switch to another brand as it was very frustrating and spill milk everywhere from these bottles.

Mum
Mumcandicemichaels001@gmail.com, Brisbane25 posts

Leaks all the time!

I had purchased multiple bottles and teats for my baby. Every single bottle and teat leak. It is very frustrating as you don't only waste milk/formula, you end up with milk all over the place. I only purchased these bottles as I bought the medela breast pump. I contacted Medela about the leaks but the response was delayed and they sent some lid replacements but no teats, so the leaks still occur. After spending so much money on the bottles and teats, I continued to use them with even more frustration. I have had enough and will be trialling other brands.

Fussyfoodie
FussyfoodiePerth, WA5 posts

Waste of time and money

Cannot get baby to use these. No trouble with breast or other brands design. So much spilt milk if she does manage to get some out of the bottle. As there is no milk at the tip she thinks its a game until she gets more tured and hungry. Glad we only bought the 1 to try.

Dimitri
DimitriMetropolitan Adelaide, SA55 posts

Highly Recommend

I have read some negative reviews on here, each to their own i guess! we havent had an issue with these bottles at all, they dont leak, they are actually very good quality. We have been using this brand and product for our first born 4 years ago, and currently using them for our twins. Unlike other brands we first used, i would recommend this one for sure.

Taz
Taz

Terrible

These bottles are terrible. Have only been using them for a few months and all the measurements have rubbed off! We bought another pack just incase we had a bad batch but same thing happened. Expensive for poor quality. Tried contacting Medela a few times, they haven't responded! Never again and won't recommend them.

Brett
Brett

The bottles labeled wrong

Do an experiment with one of your Medela Breastmilk Bottles, use any thing else your have in the kitchen that has Ml or Oz. Pour one into the other. They are freaking out by 20 percent!!! This is crazy ACC will close them down when they find out. Will be a massive product recall

Mad dad
Mad dad

Leak everywhere

We used avent bottles for our first baby which were great. Never had a problem. Our second needed a special needs teat that medela make at $63 a bottle. Exorbitant! Though the teat worked well the bottles leak constantly. Leaking all over our baby's clothes, us, the couch, the bed. It drives us mad.

Rae
Rae

Worst Bottles ever

Did my research and Medela had So many great reviews. Brought Medela bottles, the 3 pack from Target doesn't come with teats so we had to purchase teat separately. Would nor purchase again! They leak everywhere! Total waste of money. And so over priced so Would not purchase again. Back to closer to nature we go!