2Medela Calma

4.4
4.3

LPC
LPCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not sure if using it correctly

Bottle is amazing, Calma teat itself is easy to clean. But recently we have noticed the flow seems to be very fast and there doesn't seem to be a way to reduce it. Would be good to know what we are doing wrong. Show details
Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

jameson j.
jameson j.

The bottles are great except the calma teat

The calma teat started leaking after two weeks of use. I started doing some research on this issue and found out they have the same problem as mine. I'm so disappointed with this product. I won't recommend using the Calma teat. Show details
Stacey
StaceyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Clever design, we love it

We use this bottle once daily for our baby and have not had any issues since we started at about 5 weeks old (now 20 weeks). I love that she controls the flow of the milk and has to suckle the same way she does on the breast, and that she'll continue using the same teat as she grows for this reason. After reading the reviews I was a bit worried about the complexity of the bottle but its SO simple - yes its more than 1 piece but they just slot together in 3 seconds. You just take it apart again to clean - again 3 seconds. One read of the instructions and you'll be set. Also no issues with leaks at all. Very satisfied!  Show details ·  1
Tegan
TeganFar North Queensland, QLD8 posts

Amazing teat!

Better than tommee tippee! Though baby drinks from both, there is less spillage and baby takes to it easily. I regret not buying more. Would highly recommend this product to anyone Show details
MarkMelbourneGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC74 posts
Rabia ZGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC83 posts

Works wonder

I loved this bottle... worked wonders with my little guy.. I was able to nurse for a year until he decided he was done with it all together..my sister is NICU nurse & loves these for her premies!!! Saved my son's ability to nurse! We have had to offer a supplement since week 1. He has had little difficulty with nipple confusion. I love this bottle. He has to nurse to drink from it and it comes out in squirts like nursing. Totally worth the investment. I wish I would have had this bottle with my other children. Show details ·  1
Sharyn B.
Sharyn B.Mid North Coast, NSW5 posts

Very happy

The only treat baby will take, smooth transitions between bottle and breastfeeds. Replicates my milk flow. At first it looks a little strange, but I highly recommend this bottle for EBF babies. I did not experience any leaks. Ty! Show details ·  1
Tara Barbarouses
Tara BarbarousesSydney, NSW3 posts
Stacy T.
Stacy T.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Great product

I am surprised to see such a mixed review on this product. I introduced my newborn to this teat at 2 weeks old as I had been having trouble BF. She worked it out relatively quickly. She paused when she realised she had to work for the milk but then got on with it. She is less gassy and can take a break whilst feeding rather than chugging to keep up with the std teat flow. Only cons are: it comes in 3 parts Instead of 2 ( not a deal breaker) and is more expensive (especially when exclusive expressing for feeds). Show details ·  1
Emily H.
Emily H.Sydney, NSW5 posts

A waste of $25

Wish I’d opened packet before purchasing - just looking at this contraption baffles me as to how this would work. Teat is un-nipple like with a huge whole at the end. Very long neat which barely fit into baby’s mouth. Did not work for us at all.
Nathan N
Nathan N

Good product but after sales support lacking and no spare parts

Product is great when in use but a tad fiddly to clean(remove all pieces to clean)
Replacement teats cannot be purchased (child chewing on teat) and they expect you to spend another $30 per bottle instead of offering replacement teats. Not the sort of thing you want after spending $600 on bottles Show details
Renee C
Renee CGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

We love it and have been using for 12 months now

When bubs was a newborn I had to supplement and thought this teat would be great to use. To get him used to the teat, I put my little finger in his mouth and started him sucking and then slipped the teat in. He very quickly got the idea that he had to suck to get milk.
Easy to clean and no issue putting together (one handed at times). Show details
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Baby loves it and easy to sterilise

This bottle was recommended to use by our private hospital as it mimicks breast feeding. Once our baby got used to it she wouldn’t take any other brand bottle! The advantages are that the flow is slower so it stops her from drinking too fast, parts are easy to assemble and sterilise. Some of the reviews here say nothing comes out but you need to ensure you don’t screw the test parts on too tight.

Show reply

jenn
jenn

excellent love it so much

calma teats is the best my newborn bub love it so much even he is on formula he suck it pretty good and doesn't have any problem. from day 1 I introduce it to him … ddnt have any problem. I highly recommend this and some of my friends they use it too

Show reply

Soleil Nishkam-James S.
Soleil Nishkam-James S.

My medela calma nipple gets sucked shut, stays flat for a bit, then pops back open suddenly. Every piece is intact, cleaned, and installed following the instructions. What is going on!

Medela   DM

Hi Soleil, Thank you for reaching out. Can we ask how long you have had the Calma teat for? We recommend replacing Calma after three months of use.

Kind regards,

Liz at Medela.

Raquel C.
Raquel C.

Hi, I have the same problem. I am using the bottle with formula as I have deceided not to breastfeed anymore. Can this bottles be use for formula feed? Thanks

RCC
RCC

Lucy H
Lucy H

Do I need to burp my baby throughout the bottle?

LTL
LTL

The Calma leaks quite a lot of milk while the baby is sucking which is incredibly frustrsting and I end up having to take the teat out and she sometimes chokes. I read the instructions in that you let the baby find it's suckling rhythm and no need to push it in however at times so much milk still dribbles (at times flows) out of her mouth while she has the teat in!
Can you please advise ways of getting around this. Thanks

Rabia Z

Im sorry to hear you are having difficulty. I never face anything like that. Give a try to customer care or email they will be able to help you.

CategoryBaby Bottles