Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System

Meguiar's Quik Clay Detailing System

This is the Missing Link of car cleaning

For years, cleaning a car was a 4 step process - wash / dry / polish / wax. With a lot of time and elbow grease this achieved a great result. I was so surprised that there was a missing link, and that is using Meguires clay bar before washing. To be honest, I should really wash / bar / wash / dry / polish / wax, but I shortcut the first wash.

The Meguires clay bar removes contamination from the paint surface before you wash, not only the obvious stuff like bird droppings / tar / bugs, but the stuff you can't see as well - all of the 'stuff' that is floating around in the air which ends up stuck to the paint work.

It doesn't have to be done every wash, probably every 3 months or so, but it dramatically improves the surface in preparation for the polishing. You will notice a dramatic improvement in both the look and the feel of the paintwork by using Meguires Clay Bar.

There is one downside - do not drop it on the ground !!! If you drop it on the ground, throw it away - it is useless to you now.

With that one exception, I can highly recommend Meguires Quik Clay System - it works a treat.

Does what it says on the tin.

I never knew that products like these existed until about a year ago, since then I don't know how I lived without them. I used to use my fingernails to scratch off the little bits of tar and tree sap on my duco, now I just spray on the detailing spray until it wets the surface of the area I am detailing and then lightly rub the clay bar over the surface. The bar quickly lifts off all of the contaminants from the paint and absorbs them. You have to fold the bar regularly to create a new clean surface and keep the paint lubed with the detailing spray. Smells great as well!
Quick, easy, works well. Smells great!

Works well, improves the longetivty of the wax

I was surprised how much dirt lifted off the surface after giving the car a really good clean with Meguiars gold class car wash. Definitely worth using if you are willing to spend an extra hour between washing and waxing. A wax coat for me lasts about 6 weeks without a clay bar. If I clay bar between washing and waxing, the coat lasts about 4-6 months.

The $30.00 kit comes with one bar. I divided the bar into 3 small pieces as I have small hands. I've managed to perform about 5 washes on the first 3rd of a bar. It is still lifting off dirt from the surface well. The remaining 2/3 of the bar will last me quite some time. I'll need to purchase more detailer though.
Does a really deep clean. Wax lasts a lot longer after using this. Can do many washes on the single bar
Time consuming: but this is expected. You must really love your car or have OCD to want to clay bar.