Merida Speeder 400

Merida Speeder 400

Steven L.

Steven L.

Great all rounder

Have had this bike for a month now and have ridden approximately 1000 km so far, i changed the seat and tires to suit light gravel tracks as well as bike paths and road conditions. I ride some very steep hills around Petrie and have found it to be an awesome hill bike and i even have on the occasion overtaken club riders on the steep hill at Youngs Crossing, i also ride 80 km trips regularly at a comfortable average speed of 25 kph, would highly recommend this bike for anyone wanting to ride on paths, tracks or the road and keep comfortable while riding at speed or at a leisurely pace

Purchased in May 2019 at 99 Bikes QLD, North Lakes for A$1,400.00.

Rob

RobSydney

Well built, fast, comfortable & reliable

I purchased a 2019 Merida Speeder 400 road bike. It's a flat bar bike with Shimano 105 running gear. An awesome, quick, fast responsive bike. Excellent braking. Light weight at about 9.6kg. I purchased the bike at 99bikes. Highly recommended and 5 stars.

Ron H

Ron Hasked

can you explain the gearing ratio and how best to use it

Hi
I got mine last year from Bernie Jones Cycles at Warradale SA( alas no more). Nice comfortable bike with good stability and ride although I shredded a back tyre on some wire early on so replaced the back tyre with a Continental Gator Skin and touch wood no punctures since but slightly bumpier ride. I need to get my gears serviced as a little bit of noise in some. I prefer to use the big gear upfront and sit on a middle gear at the back when cruising depending upon wind speed and direction. Downhill or with a strong south westerly tail wind along the beach I can usually get it into one of the 3 top gears. I dont do a lot of hills and can usually grind up still in the big front gear on a bottom or 2nd bottom gear at the back but then I dont tend to push a high cadence - stand on the pedals sometimes. I put on pedal clips rather than clipless with shoes - just used to them. Some may prefer to drop it down at front. Have had to on steep hills.
Its an 11-32 cassette which means you get 32 cogs on the biggest back gear compared to 25-28 on some so its better up hills - probably why I can manage on the big front gear for less slopier hills. Same 11 on the smallest gear as others. So a bigger spread than many. Here is a manual of cassette sizes. https://si.shimano.com/pdfs/dm/DM-CS0004-04-ENG.pdf.
Happy riding.