Great all rounderHave had this bike for a month now and have ridden approximately 1000 km so far, i changed the seat and tires to suit light gravel tracks as well as bike paths and road conditions. I ride some very steep hills around Petrie and have found it to be an awesome hill bike and i even have on the occasion overtaken club riders on the steep hill at Youngs Crossing, i also ride 80 km trips regularly at a comfortable average speed of 25 kph, would highly recommend this bike for anyone wanting to ride on paths, tracks or the road and keep comfortable while riding at speed or at a leisurely pace Show details
Well built, fast, comfortable & reliableI purchased a 2019 Merida Speeder 400 road bike. It's a flat bar bike with Shimano 105 running gear. An awesome, quick, fast responsive bike. Excellent braking. Light weight at about 9.6kg. I purchased the bike at 99bikes. Highly recommended and 5 stars.
Questions & Answers
I know it's hard to calculate, but how many kms do you think you might get on a full battery with regular riding? Thanks.
Whats the max tyres clearance on merida speeder? 38c?
can you explain the gearing ratio and how best to use it
I got mine last year from Bernie Jones Cycles at Warradale SA( alas no more). Nice comfortable bike with good stability and ride although I shredded a back tyre on some wire early on so replaced th... Read more
- The Merida Speeder 400 has a 6066 aluminium frame, giving it the durability neeed to last you years to come.
- The bike has hydraulic disc brakes, which offer exceptional stopping power in all kinds of weather conditions and fuss-free maintenance.
- Internal cable routing protects cables from debris and the elements, and gives the bike a more sleek and streamlined appearance.
- It’s equipped with a full carbon tapered fork, allowing it to effectively absorb vibrations while remaining lightweight and stiff enough for easy bike handling.
- The hybrid bike uses Tektro M275 front and rear brakes, and a Shimano MT-200 brake lever.
- The Speeder 400 weighs 9.58kg, and costs $1549. This cost includes a lifetime warranty on the frame, a 5-year warranty on the fork, a 2-year warranty on the suspension, and a 1-year warranty on other Merida branded components.
ProductReview.com.au has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence our content moderation policies in any way, though ProductReview.com.au may earn commissions for products/services purchased via affiliate links.