Michelin LTX Force

Michelin LTX Force

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great tyre

I’ve got a set of the Michelin LTX Force in 265/65/17 fitted to my Amarok. I’ve had them on for around 20,000km so far. These tyres have been great. I’ve been everywhere with them, ie. Oodnadatta Track, High Country, Arnhem Land, Lerderderg State Park, Loveday 4X4 Park etc. Quiet and smooth on road, nice and grippy on wet roads, no punctures, very minimal chipping and they go great off road. I usually drop them down to around 28psi and you can tackle anything. In my experience with these tyres you don’t need a heavy and aggressive LT AT tyre which comes with increased fuel economy and more noise on road. Get a set of these to take you everywhere.

Purchased in March 2018.

Noise Level
Tyre Mileage 20,000 km
Car ModelVolkswagen Amarok 2H (2011-Present)
Off-Roading FrequencyMonthly
Functionality
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

Greatly improved our Rangers ride and handling

Purchased these for our 2013 Ranger with 97000 klms on it and has made a whole world of difference to the utes ride and handling and is much quieter , highly recommend the LTX Force

Purchased in April 2019 at Valley Tyres for $230.00.

Tyre Mileage 1,500 km
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I (2011-2015)
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyMonthly
Functionality
Wet Weather Handling
Durability
Dry Weather Handling

So far so superb!

I’ve only done the first 1000km on them and hence can’t comment much on their durability and handling in other weather conditions but the general handling and quietness compared to the price is surely a jackpot. They’re soft, quiet and superb in handling corners and appear to have the capability of ‘pinching’ the tarmac. Still yet to try sandy and other terrains...

CarFord Everest 2015

Awesome look, quite responsive

Haven't had these for too long so can't say much about the durability but seem very good so far. Quite responsive and noise is pretty low. Overall, I'm very impressed with the noise and responsiveness compared to the price. Much better than tyres with similar prices. Nothing wrong with it so far.

Car2006 Suzuki Grand Vitara

A Must Consideration

Michelin LTX Force 265/65/17 have been on my Isuzu D max 2013 for 20,000 klms. At first I noticed and was pleasantly surprised by the soft, quiet and comfortable ride compared to all the previous quality 4WD tyres I have had in the past. A much softer tyre so I assumed they would wear much quicker. I have found just the opposite. After 20,000 klms I am surprised there is very little wear.
We have had a wet summer season recently and I cant fault them on very wet roads with excellent braking and cornering. I usually drive to the speed limit and I am impressed with the quality of these tyres.
As I use them for our business on farms they are good in the mud although only paddock work. I also have driven them on the beach with excellent results and we tow our 3 ton caravan with no problem at all.
All that Michelin say in describing these tyres I agree with. Prossibly the only problem is, because of the deep tread they pick up some small stones.
If you are in the market for a 4wd tyre take a look at these tyres, they are so far one of the best tyres I have owned in 30 years of driving. I have a couple of friends who have purchased these tyres as well and they are just as pleased as myself.
Update: I have now had these tyres on for approximately 30,000 klms and hardly any wear. For the last 10,000 klms I have been working away in the country 2 hrs drive from home. A mixture of winding and reasonably straight roads. For the last few weeks I have been driving home in very wet and at times heavy rain. I am so impressed with the handling of these tyres in the wet. There is really is not much difference between driving on a dry road or a wet road. I have in my previous preview stated how smooth and soft a tyre they are. So impressed I will be buying again.

CarIsuzu D Max 2013

Brand New Series Tyres

Purchased a Brand New set of Michelin LTX Force. Tyres visually appear better in real life than in the photos. Deep Tread with large voids. I'm hoping they live up to expectation.
A great tyre that sits between H/T and a A/T, but more on the A/T side with slightly agressive tread pattern.

Tested the tyres while towing an empty trailer in wet weather. Really impressed how the tyres dissapates water on the road, excellent low level road noise similar to the stock Dunlop AT20s.
Traction in the wet is fantastic, much better than the stock Dunlop AT20s.
Gravel roads, Michelin LTX Force far superior than the Dunlop AT20s which had a tendency to drift. Stone collection in the tyres clear out really well once you return to the tarmac.

CarToyota Prado 120 Series