Michelin Primacy LC

Michelin Primacy LC

4.4

28 reviews · Statistics

86% · 243 · 11%
See the Best Tyres in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Frankieee
Frankieeemelbourne

everything is awesome but costly

Had ecopia100 before, the review is based on the comparison. Primacy LC four tyres cost about 200~300 AUD more than ecopia100. However, the quality is way better. Quiet, stable, comfortable and lower rolling resistance. I can't believe the driving experience is improved so much. In return, the lifespan could be shorter due to the softer rubber, as they are new tyres, this is just a guess.

Sofia
Sofia3 posts

Poor lifespan for an expensive tyre

While the tyres are quiet, they are not durable at all. I had the Michelin MXV8s before and they lasted over 80,000kms. Replaced by Michelin Primacy LC and barely lasted 26,000kms. Same car, same type of roads, same driving but less than one third the life! Ridiculous! Never getting Michelin again and going for the Pirellis instead.

Benny M
Benny MSouth Australia9 posts

Michelin Primacy LC 215/55/R17

I purchased a set of Michelin Primacy LC 215/55/R17 at the same time I purchased my Toyota Aurion Sportivo SX6 in 2013. Since then, I have done approximately 90,000km, just rotating the tyres twice. Surprisingly there's still heaps of tread which is just mind blowing. I think it's a combination of the tyre and car working well together because from the other cars I've owned, they usually get 40,000 - 60,000km from a set of tyres.

Personally, I never noticed any difference in fuel consumption but they're very quiet on the road which is great because I do a lot of freeway driving.

At this stage, i'll keep buying Michelin because these tyres are by far the best I've ever owned.

Dennis
Dennis10 posts

Poor Customer support

My Michelin Primacy tyres came OEM with my Toyota Camry. In less than 5 years from manufacturing stamp date, the side wall started cracking. Sent and spoke to the customer service from Michelin and received only 20% discount off retail when there is more than 20% life left on the tires. Manufacturing defect as affect my other tyres. Not buying Michelin tyres again from the poor support.

LalibNew ZealandTauranga, New Zealand2 posts

Splendid tyres

215/55 R17

Very impressed with noise reduction and grip. Love these tyres. I think the grip feels better and I am driving on the rough roads of New Zealand which is not as stressful being so windy that I have previously been for ed to lower speed for fear of losing control. Not anymore.

Peter
Peter

Very Impressed

Just put on a set of 4 and immediately impressed. Just put on a set of 4 and immediately impressed. Just put on a set of 4 and immediately impressed. Just put on a set of 4 and immediately impressed. Just put on a set of 4 and immediately impressed.

Francis
Francis

Great C/P value

I use these tires over 20000 KM on my Focus 1.5 turbo. They are the best tires I have ever used. Michelin Primacy LC has excellent voice reduction, good wet conditions performance and long mileage. If you are looking for a high C/P tires. I think that Primacy LC will be a good choice to you.

Triphamk2
Triphamk2WAPerth, WA10 posts

Excellent tyres 205/60/R16

Run almost 75000KM on Perth roads, still have just over 2mm tread depth on each tyre. Excellent grip on both dry and wet conditions. Noice reduction is also very good. They fit originally when I bought this car 4 years ago. If you are searching for long lasting tyres and not bother to spend a little more (around $163 each), I definitely recommend this tyre.

Clark Kent
Clark KentQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD90 posts

Very Good Touring Tyre

Had Bridgstone Tauranza on 2013 Toyota, OEM fitment. Bridgstones were OK tyres but a bit noisy, vibration/ harmonics on certain surfaces and average wearing. The Michelin's are surperb at blotting up road irregularities and are super quiet. Wet weather performance is OK particularly for such a hard wearing tyre of 280 rating. The car is so much more quiet and comfortable on these Michelin Primacy LC DT2, very happy. Around corners they are OK but remember they are not a performance tyre. Top marks.

Show details ·  2

Leo Cleary
Leo ClearyMelbourne3 posts

Great Mileage

My Honda Euro came equipped with Michelin Primacy 235 45R 18 tyres. I was really amazed by the durability of these tyres ... I replaced them at 96,000km with Pirelli Cincturato P7 tyres which were a similar price to the Michelins. I had no problems with the Michelins although I had a minor gripe about the rather dead steering feel I experienced at highway speeds. The Pirellis seem to give a better "feel" at highway speeds although I doubt that they will be as durable as the original Michelins.

Noorix
NoorixNSWSydney, NSW5 posts

Very smooth and quite tyres

I got them based on reviews and noticed a quite a difference in steering and noise from my previous Dunlop sport. The life is apparently short for a expensive tyre which what most reviews say.

soogs
soogsVictoria15 posts

Sluggish steering

Had 4 tyres fitted when they first came out some years back, and when I left Bob Jane, I immediately felt the poor steerability of these tyres compared to the original Michelin MXV8's. I though maybe it was due to they being an eco tyre. As Jeremy Clarkson says, it is like driving in porridge. Worse still, I didn't notice any improvement in fuel consumption, in fact it was slightly worse. Since then I have to pump it up 4-5 psi above normal to get some feel in the tyres.

The good thing is they are quiet and has lasted 60k kms which would be consistent with the treadware rating of 280. As far as traction in the wet etc, well I'm no expert, but I haven't had any dramas.
Quiet
Poor steerability

A downs
A downsVictoriaMelbourne, Victoria25 posts

Great

Cost a bit more but fantastic, my car now rides and handles better than ever,, can't work out why but my car seems so quiet too. All tyres look the same to me but the rep was in the shop at the time, was going for the oe's but he convinced me otherwise.
So good
Bit pricey
Mal
MalQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD13 posts

Suits 500SL Mercedes Benz (1992)

Tyres have been on for about 3 years and done less than 10,000 klm (I know, I don't get out enough with this car) but they have been quiet, grippy ( I would notice if they didn't perform here) and no sign of wear. Given the car sits for extended time, the flats developing on the bottom quickly round themselves.

As result of this experience, we fitted them to our Golf and that has done 20,000 in a similar time with no complaints.

Real review point is that I would buy them again, for both cars.

The only real decision, applicable to any tyre you buy, is what pressure to run at.
Perfomed to advice given by tyre expert
Would love them cheaper

RicBernal
RicBernalVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC13 posts

Great Tyres!

Only had it for 8 weeks, but gee these tyres do not disappoint. They are very quiet and extremely good grip. I drive a front wheel drive V6 Toyota Aurion on (215/60R16). I get minimal torque steer too. The ride is very smooth. Steering is great too. I haven't noticed if it has saved fuel though.

Too early to tell regarding durability.
Very quiet. Excellent grip.
Can be a bit pricey if you don't shop around