• Battery Life
  • Rear Camera Quality
  • Night Photography Quality
  • Security
  • Speed

Have to replace for a second time

My first device within a year began to have a hardware issue which they call "ghost touch". Now this replacement has another irreparable hardware issue - screen flickering. Waste of money.

Purchased in April 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $1,500.00.

trompfy

trompfyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best tablet for 4K

On Sunday afternoon 26th November 2017 I purchased a Microsoft Surface Pro 4 with accessories for $200 from The Good Guys in Bayswater so I can watch 4K Movies. The staff were amazing and the service was excellent.

Purchased in November 2017 at The Good Guys for $200.00.

Kane

KaneMelbourne

Do not buy this device

I bought a surface pro 4 mths ago and now on my 4th replacement. Device 1 - did not work, Device 2, key board did not work, Device 3 - key board did not work again, Device 4 - keyboard started smoking. I have asked for a refund as their product is complete rubbish. They cant seem to make a decision about that and will continue to escalate it. Rubbish product but more so, rubbish customer support.

Purchased in June 2019.

WJS

WJSSouth East Queensland, QLD

Class action waiting to happen!

I purchased my Surface Pro in March 2018. Very suddenly in October the screen popped out and cannot stay in. It gets very hot and I am concerned it may catch fire. I have contacted Microsoft who have offered me a replacement (not new) for $599 USD. Why would I pay for another Surface Pro that doesn't work? I have had other problems with this unit so over all not at all impressed. Microsoft is a dud and wont be using them again. I suggest a class action as if vehicles, toys etc had this kind of a problem there would be a recall due to safety concerns (fire etc)
BR
WJS

Purchased in March 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,600.00.

Sharna

SharnaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Was good until it broke after 2.5 years

I purchased my Microsoft Surface Pro in November 2016. I was really happy with it for about 2.5 years, but then in February 2019 it suddenly stopped working and was displaying the Blue Screen of Death. I took it to a repair centre, where they reinstalled all the software, but after working for a day, the same problem started again. The repair centre told me that this is likely a hardware issue and it will cost more than AU$700 to fix. This is extremely disappointing given that I paid a lot of money for the device and was hoping to be able to use it for at least 5 years.

Purchased in November 2016 at Harvey Norman for $1,400.00.

Joe

JoePerth, WA

Worst Laptop

I purchased my surface pro a year ago and has been plagued with problems. The charging port didn't work on certain chargers for no reason, it constantly deletes my word documents for no reason. The facial recognition has never worked and the entire laptop is slow and rubbish. Better off buying a macbook or something reliable

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,500.00.

DJM

DJMSydney, NSW

Expensive Paperweight

At 23 months of age my Surface Pro 4 started to have problems. The cursor would lock up and the only way to get it to move was to turn the Surface Pro off and restart. My son contacted Microsoft and they tested the Surface Pro remotely and said there wasn't anything wrong with it, however I am still having problems. We tried different keyboards etc nothing worked. Now I have difficulty turning it on, sometimes it takes a while before it will come on. I asked Microsoft it I could get it repaired and they offered me a refurbished unit for $650, no thanks. As it turns out it cost me $700 a year for nearly 2 years of use of my Surface Pro. I won't be purchasing another one that's for sure. My Surface Pro was just for my own personal use.

Purchased in November 2016 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Great machine...suffered the same failure as so many others...do not buy

The surface was great...served me well in my business and very professional and wieldy. The last week I went to turn it on...no go...googled...looks like im not the only one. Contacted MS...tough buddy its a 3...despite the fact I looked after it...spotless in a heavy duty case. DO NOT PURCHASE A SURFACE PRO...they are a time bomb waiting to happen. Now I have to lodge a case with fair trading because its a common fault.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman Appliances Physical Store for $1,400.00.

Izzy

Izzy

Dangerous and defective battery

I liked the Microsoft pro 4 until after 2 years the battery started swelling, lifted the screen off the case and I was told to stop using it because it was DANGEROUS.
Mine is not an unusual experience.
Microsoft only replaced the unit with a refurbished model and a cost of $650.

Purchased in October 2016.

R G

R GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Flcikering Screen - Acknowledged Hardware Fault but won't replace

At its face value, it appeared to be a high end product and I bought it, expecting that it would have a similar shelf life to comparable products, but a little over my warrant period, the screen started flickering and later I discovered they have extended the warranty but I'm 20 days over, so I have a very expensive brick.
I wouldn't recommend the product to anyone who is after a reliable product that you want to last more than a year.

Purchased in September 2016 for $1,400.00.

not to my expectations

well, let's say the surface pro looks good and says its all good but I have one and I say it's not worth it gets very laggy and its had so many errors before that I actually had to replace a new one when watching videos it cant load HD quality without waiting for 5 minutes. it certainly didn't reach my expectations I have to say that my hp computer was better than this. it's just not worth $1800.

Purchased in August 2017.

Speed

I "invested" in what I thought was a quality product. I have only had problems.

Purchased in October 2017 for $1,600.00.

ShaunA

ShaunAEaton

Sent back 3 times for same issue

Worst computer I have ever owned. This is my secondary computer for when I travel for work. It has been replaced 3 times for the same issue in a 3 month period (wont turn on). Now having the same issue again, yes that's 4 times now. Warranty has expired and I am expected to pay $600 for a replacement. This price may sound ok for a replacement but I have been through 4 of these, each only lasting 4-6hrs of usage.
Support pretty poor, sent through to the US call centre after waiting 30 min on hold.
I have honestly spend more time setting up each computer and then talking to Microsoft Support then I have had usage.

Would score 0 -5 if I could.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Still Good in 2018 and Very Fast

I use my Surface Pro 4 for all of my computing. I am a database developer by trade and I use this machine in a dock and run two monitors off of it. I run Visual Studio and SSMS. Use Office 365, OneNote, Word, Excel and other third party applications. This device is about three years old but has an i7 processor and 16GB of RAM. I have not had any issues at all with it. I am waiting for MS to make available an LTE version with the higher specs. When they do I will upgrade this device to that model. There is no reason to upgrade for performance reasons because this one is just fine.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
NB

NBBrisbane

Good device, MS broke it outside warranty

Date PurchasedMay 2016

Stu Y

Stu YBrisbane

bugs a million - over priced pile of Microsoft crap

If you want a tablet where not even the simplest of functions works properly then you have bought the right product.
OMG. Cant really use as a laptop unless you buy docks and a gazillion adapters to carry around with you. Did I mention that nothing works? Save your money on a pen and pad. Far less frustrating.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Caz

CazGold coast

Surface pro

I use this for work when I’m not at my desk. Handy to convert to a tablet when needed. Love the pen functionality for when I’m marking up docs.

A bit expensive but was what I was after.

I’ve only had for 3 months & will test out shortly with a few weeks away from my work desk.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Josh

Josh

Beast

This thing is a beast. Easy to transport and exceptionally fast. Have used so many different laptops and tablets over the years in my line of work and nothing compares to the power of the surface book. Great to travel with. I would highly recommend purchasing the dock with this unit.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Absolute Garbage

Omg, to put it simply its a waste of money. For $1600 AU I was expecting a great laptop but instead i was met with this pice of crap that offers a 4k screen but cant run a 1080p video without crashing. Gaming lol waste of time, Cant run Warframe lowest settings 800x900 resolution above 30 FPS.
Glitches, A whole universe of glitches - Black screening, frozen, crashing, disconnecting keyboard, mouse disapeering Just to list a few.

overall my gaming pc that cost the same as my surface pro absolutly destroys it in terms of everything.
Warframe Benchmark
surface pro lowest settings 1920x1080p = 30 fps
Gaming pc same price - Max settings 1920x1080 200 fps

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
N . P .

N . P .

Easy to use anywhere and everywhere!!!

The Microsoft surface pro 4 is easy to use with lots of storage space. The pen, along with the detachable keyboard makes this multi-purpose software exclusively modern and practical for use anywhere. Sometimes the charger connections wear out but are easily replaced or fixed. I can take my surface pro anywhere and it is light and effortless to transport. I can't imagine living without it!

Date PurchasedJan 2016