Miele Triflex HX1

Buying the best vacuum cleaner

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

2.0

• Product is used
  • Pet OwnerYes (3) · No (1)
  • Battery Life
Alexis
Alexis

One fatal flaw

Purchased in January 2021 for $878.00.

Nettie B.
Nettie B.South-Eastern Region, NSW

Blocking every 2 mins

I am vacuuming every week on both carpet and hard floors. It blocks everytime I use it. I get 2 mins out of it. Thoroughly cleaned after each use. Unhappy

Purchased in October 2020 at Betta Home Living for $999.00.

Miele
Miele representativeMiele
Hayden
Hayden

Achilles heel is dust canister

Vacuum has good suction, light to help see dust and can stand when canister is set close to ground.
The canister has a small volume, is flimsy and overly complicated to take off machine.

Major issue is most of the dirt get stuck between a large gasket and the filter. This means you need to shove fingers past the gasket and drag debris out. Total deal breaker for me. So unhygienic.
Was lucky that the Good guys returned with full refund. Got a Dyson V8 animal instead. Much more user friendly to empty.

Purchased in December 2020 at The Good Guys for $850.00.

Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Find out how Miele Triflex HX1 compares to other Stick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners

Ivan36Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Famous German technology disappoints

Purchased in December 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores for $999.00.

dynamictiger
dynamictigerasked
Triflex HX1

Anyone tried vacuuming for say 10 minutes on full battery then leaving machine switched off after showing 2 bars on and not charging for 5 hours and then try using it? Any battery left?

Mandy
Mandyasked
Triflex HX1

I am not happy with the vacuum on timber floors, it struggles to pick up sand and bigger bits of dirt, I have to repeatedly vacuum the same spot. Everytime I turn it off and store it the vacuum head drops the larger
bits of sand and dirt all over the floor. Is it possible to change the head for timber floors.

Christineasked
Triflex HX1

Hi Miele and Ivan. Thank you Ivan for your fantastic review. I purchased the cat and dog for $999 plus extra product care with Harvey Norman and have now had it in the house for nearly 2 weeks. Firstly, I agree with Ivan, it runs smoothly, has great suction and has good looks. The swapping of the power unit from top to bottom is great design but I only bought because it can be put at the bottom (I have come from 10 years of firstly Bissell, Electrolux and then Bosch which all fell apart after 2 years each but had the motor at the bottom which is much better for vacuuming) and after trying it at the top, all it did was bump against my hip and hurt my wrist, so back to the bottom. I am very disappointed with the cheap plastic creaking noise in the comfort handle, every time I hear it I think of how much I spent. I also am horrified that I have to physically remove the rubbish as it gets stuck. The bottom lid has also came off as I hit it lightly on side of bin to help make the rubbish drop out (which it didn't, I had to use my fingers). I am thinking ahead now and do I really want to spend every vacuum session putting up with creaking plastic and a small, hard to remove rubbish canister. Maybe if I had spent $300. Will be contacting Harvey Norman and also returning. Miele can do a lot to improve this machine and then I may reconsider. Thank you for reading.

Hi Christine,
I was so disappointed with the unhygienic dust disposal in particular, that I have returned this poorly engineered vacuum to Harvey Norman. As I had it for less than three weeks they accepted my return without question. Good on them!! Anyway you as a customer, have certain rights which are clearly spelled out in the Australian Consumer Legislation. If a product fails to satisfy your expectations, you may have a case for refund.
So, I swapped the Miele for an absolutely marvellous Samsung Jet 90. I am yet to write a review about it. It cost $900 (was on special) so it was a straight swap. The dust container removal couldn't be easier (and the filters are washable too) and the dust disposal is straight forward, user friendly, hygienic matter. However, as my wife suffers from allergy I also bought an incredible Samsung Clean Station which sucks in the rubbish from the dust container so that nothing escapes to be inhaled. It costs $299 but I paid only $100 as i bought it together with the Jet90 Complete.
The Jet90 is a beautifully made vac (Made in Vietnam-at least it is not China.) It comes with high quality attachments and as a station it looks great.
So, if you want to return your Miele you have to act quickly because I think that you have to do it within three weeks from purchase. Good luck.
Ivan

Christine

Hi Ivan, thanks for reply! Yes I am ringing them now, I have only had for 2 weeks. I've already been onto the online centre (I bought online as none in stock in local store) and they told me to take back to local store and it will be at their discretion. I have never had any bad experience with Harvey Norman, they treat me very well, so expect that to continue. I have read mixed reviews on the Samsung. But I do value your input here and will consider. May I ask why you haven't purchased a Dyson? Everyone I know that has one would never use anything else. If I am going to have to go to a top motor design (because I think I have exhausted all the bottom motor ones available) I will be considering the one that has the best reviews. Thanks!

Christine

Hey Ivan, my sister has recommended the LG. She has a Dyson and the LG is a recent purchase and says the LG wins hands down. Will check it out also. Cheers.

Get an answer from our members and Miele representatives

Miele Triflex HX1

Compare all 4 Miele Triflex HX1
CategoryStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum CleanersStick & Cordless Vacuum Cleaners
Price (RRP) $799.00$999.00$999.00$1,249.00
Bin Capacity0.5 L0.5 L0.5 L0.5 L
HEPA FilterNoYesNoYes
Attachments Crevice nozzle, Dusting brush, XXL FloorheadCrevice nozzle, Dusting brush, Mini electro brush, XXL FloorheadCrevice nozzle, Dusting brush, XXL Floorhead, Extra batteryCrevice nozzle, Dusting brush, Mini electro brush, XXL Floorhead, Extra battery & charger
TypeCordlessCordlessCordlessCordless
Charging Time4 hours4 hours4 hours4 hours
Running Time 60 min60 min120 min120 min
Power170 W170 W170 W170 W
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Release dateSept 2020Sept 2020Sept 2020Sept 2020