4Mitsubishi Delica

Interior Design
Boot Size
Comfort
Features

Please note that the Mitsubishi Delica has been discontinued for retail in Australia, but is still currently in production and is sold by importers.

Rowan
RowanAdelaide18 posts
  MK5
Overall
Noise Level
mww
mwwHunter Region, NSW10 posts
  MK5

Great car - even better than I thought it would be

After looking for some time, I have bought a 2011 petrol D:5 G-Premium Roadest. Great to drive and extremely versatile, being able to carry 8 adults in comfort or fold up/remove the rear seats for a camper or cargo carrier. I am very impressed with the Japanese build quality and standard features. Bought it in Sydney
and drove it home up the freeway to Newcastle. Not a rocket but gets fantastic fuel economy on the open
road and stayed on 120KM/H no problem, Very happy with it so far. The Delicaclub site is a great source
of info on these. Show details
Overall
Noise Level
Manu
ManuRichmond-Tweed, NSW5 posts

Best ever

I use the Delica L400 TD every day.
Town/weekend/ 4x4
As a sober driver I can fit 7 friends no problem...
As a Surf vehicle it is quite simply the best you can get... It will take you over sandy beaches no problem.
If you look after it, it stays and mantain a good shape. There is plenty of specialised shops that sells Delica parts in Australia.
Warning... Once you have a Delica... you can not go back to any other veicle. No other veicle will make sence. Show details
Pete
PetePerth, WA5 posts
Bill
Billmelbourne10 posts

1995 V6 S1 Petrol

Have this Van for about 3 years now. Have not done serious offroad. Consumption of petrol is high but my is dual fuel so still ok about $1 for 10km when LPG is 50cts. Since having this van many issue, but can be solve . First is best to check the cooling system and is possible change all plug and lead. When changing the plug do your rocket cover gasket as it tends to leak.I enjoy this van as it spacious and can sit up to 7 people. I use this van as my weekender. Part can be source if you look hard enough, as for my 1995 I cannot get a scanner to scan for any code, this is a set back.

Wayside
WaysideKimberley, WA2 posts
  MK4

Mighty Road Trek doing the lap of the Map(clockwise) via The Savanna Way from Broome to Cairns and n

Diesel blt noisy, get use to it...roof rack removed... too much wind noise! Otherwise brilliant

Tommy
Tommy

Perfect off road van!

I've had my d5 for 2 years now and it's given us NO pRobles at all. It spacious and comfortable and it goes alright off road. Literally a multifunctional family car that goes 4wd too! Love it! I recommend this car to anyone. Currently looking to buy the turbo diesel version now.

Timmascott
TimmascottGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC
samuay
samuaysydney41 posts
Alexandre
AlexandrePerth, WA10 posts
  MK4

So good it made us decide to drive all the way around the world

I bought a Delica 3 years ago to be a people mover while my family was over from South America. However, it turned out to be a lot more than I would have ever expected. It is an amazing car, extremely versatile, awesome to drive and great 4WDing.

We fell in love with it so strongly that we decided to spend 2 years driving it around the world. Literally!

Wombat
WombatSouth West, WA10 posts
  MK4

i have been given one Delica van, just needs an indicator switch and glow plugs

The van is 21 years old but very well kept. The AC does not work, and it has 2 dud batteries but generally looks very good. I will eventually turnit i to a camper van. At the moment i have 4 kids so need to carry heaps

Show details ·  3

Karl S
Karl SAustralia44 posts
SilverGhost
SilverGhost24 posts

Great camper van

I fitted out our low roof SWB 1998 2.8 turbo diesel Delica with a double bed, fridge, gas stove, water tank etc. about three years ago. We've done some 40,000 km so far including parts of the Birdsville and Oodnadatta tracks. I'll be keeping this vehicle for quite some time yet. Its certainly more expensive both to run and repair than our previous campervan (Toyota HiAce) but the fact that it'll go almost anywhere is more than adequate compensation.

delicaclub.com is an excellent source of information on these vehicles.

andydownunder
andydownunder35 posts
  Delica

Love it. V6 on LPG is cheap to run. Articualtion is not as good as a regualar 4WD but the van is great for space. 2" lift is cheap n easy.
Easy to drive, comfortable and lotsa options. good 4WD ability and can trick it up. Parts OK to get. Are all Pajero /Triton and Starwagon bits. Highway cruising is great then just turn off onto the dirt and go anywhere. Superselect 4WD all from driver seat.
V6 3.0 is good but doesn't like long hard hills. Handles like a tall van because it is.