Moccona Classic Medium Roast

Moccona Classic Medium Roast

Matthew K

Matthew KWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

tastes like tar!!

I have drunk Moccona rich blend for years but its changed for the worst ! I wont be buying it again ever !!! it tastes burnt and is unpleasant matt kingaroy

JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moccona Rich Coffee flavour change

I’ve been drinking Moccona Coffee for years now. Started with Indulgence and moved to Rich. Always found it to be the best instant coffee but recently they have changed the product and it’s now utterly disgusting...I’m devo!! Judging by other reviews it sounds as though they’re changing all recipes....I’m gone

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $16.00.

Jennifer C.

Jennifer C.South East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting

I drank this for years and raved about it but the new blend is horrible. I changed to the Rich Moconna and now they have done the same to it. I don't know what to drink now.

Beth

BethNortheast, VIC

Still crap.

I drank mocconna no5 for all my coffee drinking days. For years. I loved it. Then it changed to dirt. So I bought a coffee machine and bought every other brand of coffee. I since had to buy instant coffee and though I would give mocconna another try. sorry everyone ! Still tastes like absoulete crap. Black and gold tastes better so Ive heard. Turn away or you will be disappointed !

Purchased in November 2019 at IGA for $6.00.

Dreadful. Would refund.

Sydney, Australia. Moccona classsic 5 coffee tastes so bad I assumed the milk had gone off or the lid had been kept off. Will avoid at all costs. It tastes bitter and hard to keep down without milk and sugar. Created this account just to neg the coffee.

Purchased in November 2019.

hawki

hawkiSydney, NSW

Sly change

Cannot believe there where changes and didnt know why It didnt taste as good. 15 years and now changing

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths for $15.00.

Jono

JonoPerth, WA

Vile. Buy Nescafe blend 43

We had Mocconna supplied to us years ago. Staff brought their own as they were displeased with the offerings. It's now nov 2019 and now dumped with 2 tins of " moccona smooth". Just simply horrible.

Our purchasing dept has just bought nescafe blend 43 at my request.

Everyone couldn't be happier.

Moccona, what a joke. 5 - one kilo tins about to go to waste.

Cheers

Godswill A.

Godswill A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tastes so bitter with no aroma

Bought this coffee for the first time at coles. Tastes unbelievably bad. its shocking. bitter with no aroma. i would not be buying this again. i guess its back to blend 43 for me

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $18.00.

Fair GoFair Suck, Of The Saveloy

Has Moccona forgotten their 1980/90's TV Commercial ?

I would laugh if another coffee company did a send-up of Moccona's TV advert from the 1980/90's to show what people think of Moccona these days. If you have forgotten, people in the Moccona TV advert would run out of a home vomiting because they were served something other than Moccona. Seems Moccona has forgotten their own TVC given their latest offerings are best suited to drain cleaning.
As far as coffee goes these days, Moccona Classic should be taken off the shelves.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $12.99.

Lyndal Y.

Lyndal Y.

Dishwater.

Vile, burnt, bitter and it leaves a horrible aftertaste. I don't believe for an instant Moccona carried out consumer testing. They decided to fatten their bottom line by going cheap on their ingredients. If they're smart they'll change it back, but after they scammed loyal customers by removing the "new richer aroma" label, while keeping the new inferior gross tasting flavour, I don't trust them at all now. Bye bye, Moccona.

Purchased in August 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $14.00.

LucaC

LucaC

WHAT HAPPEN

I now know why its so cheap bought it for half price, was always a Medium Roast lover for over 15 years Its was my morning pickup but now is taste burnt and just yuk and now switched over to another brand

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles for $9.00.

Nithya V.

Nithya V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible and tastes like burnt plastic

Yuk,Horrible and Nasty..Was a Moccana lover and now it tastes like burnt.i would say horrible taste and leaves a bad taste and would never buy again if Mocanna wont return to its original taste.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Kay

KaySouth Australia

Jars not able to be opened by older people

Since my husband passed away, I am unable to buy a jar of Moccona because I can’t get the lid off! There is just no way to grip it. I have reverted to another brand sadly

Purchased in August 2019.

Flavour change tastes horrible

Been a Moconna consumer for years but in the last few months the flavour of the DarkRoast 8 has changed in a bad way! Tastes like melted plastic in coffee.

Purchased in August 2019 at Countdown for $18.99.

Lee D.

Lee D.Illawarra, NSW

Very weak

I was a moccona coffee lover for years but some thing has changed and it is weak you need to add more and more to get the same flavour you used to get they must think we are stupid

Purchased for $24.00.

Horrible makes me sad such a great product has been destroyed by it own maker and they are still not listening

Been drinking it for close to 30 years and can no longer bear the taste since the changes have moved on to a different brand and will not return to classic medium roast unless Moccona returns it to the original blend

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $24.99.

Simply dreadful !

Yuk ! It's all I can say. It leaves an awful after taste in your mouth. Not sure what happened to the moccona coffee, it USED to be good. BUT no more. Won't be buying the medium and dark roast again.

Purchased in June 2019.

Greta

GretaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

HORRIBLE !

WHY? Would you change a fantastic coffee. It tastes like dish water. Awful awful. I no longer enjoy a coffee in the morning. Your commercial now shouldn't have two lovey dovey models sipping moccona lovingly. Should show them with screwed up horrible looks on their faces because this stuff will wreck any romance.

Purchased in July 2019 for $12.99.

the original blend was perfect

We first started using Moccona 20 years ago and were disgusted with the changed product (richer aroma) when I phoned the customer service department they told me that they had no intention of changing back as consumer research said it was better!
They offered a sample of the suggested French roast but this never arrived.

Purchased in June 1999.

Katrina K.

Katrina K.South East Queensland, QLD

moccona classic

I've been buying this coffee for many years. This year 2019 it tastes different/horrible.
We have given it a few tries this year but 3 times it has been yuk!
Moccona French style is great....but too expensive.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $16.00.

Gary P.

Gary P.asked

Is Moccona Classic 5 Medium roast Caffeinated? It is advertised on Google therefore answer on Google.

Jacqui

I don’t actually drink the Classic 5 but it is definitely caffeinated. Moccona does do a decaf though which I think Coles and Woolworths stock

Greta

Gretaasked

What's the point of asking a question? It falls on deaf ears. You simply don't care. All about the money. The stuff is crap and you know it STOP lying to us all. Destroyed an icon. Bugger your french flavour. Angry furious over how we consumers have been jilted. Just another BIG company doing what they please. Disgraceful Moccona.

ann6666

ann6666asked

HI I've just opened a no 8 dark roast Moccona and its awful, did they change it too, expiry 18//12/2020, what a waste of so much money, any hints on making it palatable?

Fair Go

Consider Moccona a drain cleaner these days !.
Best instant coffee's are: Natures Cuppa, 100% Arabica Freeze Dried Organic Coffee 100g $8 at Woolworths, Coles own brand Freeze Dried Organic 100g $4.50 or best of all, Aldi's Colombian Freeze Dried coffee 100g for $3.25 (when available). Nescafe has added a "Colombian" jar ($11 for 100g) to their range which is 100% Arabica and tastes great. The good thing is Nescafé does not make this coffee, its from the same people that made Carte Noire instant coffee. Hope this helps. bye

Get an answer from our members and Moccona representatives