Moccona Classic Medium Roast

Moccona Classic Medium Roast

dachshie

dachshieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Moconna Classic 5 granulated coffee

Bought same coffee since the original market release. It seems the company have changed the ingredients. The coffee tastes bitter and doesn't dissolve correctly. Really disappointed and tastes like a cheap competitive product.

Purchased in November 2020 at IGA for A$26.99.

Poppy

PoppyPerth, WA

Not the same as it used to be

Opened a small jar and found it left a lot of sludge in the bottom of the cup so then opened a larger 200gm bottle hoping for a better result but unfortunately it was just the same. Don't know what to do now as it used to be my favourite coffee. Can anybody recommend a decent one?

Purchased in October 2020 at Coles.

TLM

TLMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moccona has changed for the worse

I used to enjoy my morning coffee but now it's awful. I have a brand new jar so it's not old coffee. Won't be buying again.

Purchased in November 2020.

Bitter taste

Moccona a strong bitter after taste. I will be not buying this coffee again.

Purchased in September 2020.

Nat

NatGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Moccona Rich taste different

I used to love this coffee ... but some idiot has decide to change the recipe and now it tastes like mud ! Moving on ....

Purchased in September 2020 at Woolworths for A$13.00.

Very bitter and unable to drink. I used to love this coffee. Will be changing

I got a refill 100g packet recently. The taste was terrible. Thought it might have been the water. Changed the jug water and still coffee bitter and left an after taste that was not pleasant. Bought a fresh jar thinking I had got a bad batch. But no, still not good. I Will not be buying again.

Purchased in September 2020 at Countdown for A$9.00.

Deb

DebCheviot

Time for a change

Seems that Maccona 8 has also been changed. Has a burnt bitter taste. Have always paid the extra as we enjoyed this coffee......however we are in the market for a new product now. Why change something that was successful......we won't be purchasing your coffees again as we feel like your actions have been underhanded. Where was the advertising stating new recipe....I am concerned that there is less coffee beans used and something inferior added.....??

Darren H

Darren HPerth, WA

What have they changed

Just purchased a large jar of Maccona Classis roast. Its tastes off. I will never buy again and I've been drinking it for 20 yrs plus. Cant understand why some companies change and upset customers. In this case lose one.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$16.00.

Val G

Val GNorth Queensland, QLD

Terrible Taste Maccona

Maccona Classic Medium
Emailed Maccona to report my latest jar of Maccona was undrinkable, seems their polite generic reply is they upgraded their process and it has moved to a true medium.
Rubbish! I use a 400 gr jar
Monthly, I would have noticed before now.
Well I opened another jar and it has a later use by date and it is fine!

Purchased in March 2020 at Woolworths for A$18.00.

Mr T.

Mr T.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

New jar, new taste, no good

I buy No 5 blend in bulk from Costo so it took a while for me to notice the change. The new formula just tastes burnt. Moccona was the only instant coffee worth buying. None are worth it now.
Four large jars going in the bin. Waste of money.

Purchased in February 2020 at Costco.

Terrible!

Taste like crap! The old formula is so much better.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for A$23.00.

zany

zanyHobart, TAS

Horrible expensive coffee

I used to love Moccona No. 9 but the last few I have bought taste really bad - there is a burnt after-taste and the lovely smooth flavour it used to be has completely gone. I am sure the jars are no. 3 or 5 with a No. 9 label stuck on them and to pay $16 for this horrible coffee is just appalling. Their website to submit a complaint conveniently doesn't work. I'm on the search for a new brand of coffee now.

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths Physical store for A$16.00.

Refusal to acknowledge customers criticisms.

I have been following the most recent product reviews hoping that the owners had finally woken up and seen the reactions of the buyers of their product. I was hoping that having seen the damming reactions of the 860 reviews who gave it one star out of five(in many cases only because they couldn’t give less), finally relent and give these people what they want. But no, they continue to persist and ignore what people have said. What sort of person wants to continue to degrade their own company? Don’t they at least have some pride?

Purchased in March 2019 for A$14.00.

AliGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

throw into the bin

disgusting,tyre taste,very very bitter,dont get sick,no crema at all, wasting money,

moccona classic 5

V8Snail

V8SnailWA, 6230

I thought I was buying out of date coffee!

I have bought Moccona for many, many years and really enjoyed it. The last two jars of differing types tasted burnt and bitter with an aftertaste like off milk mixed with bitumen. I thought something must have gone wrong with the packaging in transit but having read what others have written, I must agree with the general consensus that the manufacturer has lost the plot. This coffee is expensive. It feeds a common addiction many have for caffeine and the truly exquisite taste of high quality coffee. Your blindness and arrogance have ensured you have ruined any chance I would buy your coffee again, along with others by the look of it. Congratulations on your top level barista, business and customer skills.

Maureen

MaureenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Moccona poor service

I agree with other contributors- Moccona Rich No 9 has apparently changed their formula, the coffee is undrinkable but the 1800 phone number (Andrea) refuses to reimburse or replace. Extremely poor customer service, actually non existence customer service

Purchased in February 2020 at Coles Supermarkets for A$16.00.

K Douglas

K DouglasNorthern Region, NSW

Rich 9 coffee is now disgusting

We have been buying Rich 9 for years. I keep buying more jars costing me a fortune everytime, just hoping the next one will be the same as normal. I even rang the company and left my number, they couldn’t even return my call.
I hope they go back to the original flavour, but as of now they have lost a customer. Very sad. Very disappointed

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles Online for A$15.00.

resqfire

resqfirePerth, WA

Moccona Rich No. 0

Cannot believe what they have done to our coffee. Totally agree with All previous reviews. We have been buying, and loving Rich 9 for years, and thought we had bought a dodgy jar, so we bought another ! HUGE mistake, it tastes disgusting, just like the other jar! Premium price for this terrible tasting coffee. Another previously great product down the drain...
Who ever made this Clanger decision should be sacked !!!

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles.

Lil

Lil

What have you done Moccona?

A loyal Moccona Rich Blend for years. I have just brought my next 3 jars and have just thrown it out. I don’t know what Moccona have done but obviously they have changed the recipe. It is now the worst tasting coffee I have ever tasted, it tastes burnt and leaves a foul aftertaste in your mouth. I tried to give Moccona a chance by letting them know first BUT obviously they don’t care as I haven’t had a response. I’m guessing they will start caring when their sales fall dramatically. From a line from the movie “Pretty Woman” “Big Mistake, HUGE”! Tetley extra strong tea for me now.

Purchased in February 2020 at Woolworths.

AWFUL

I have been drinking Moccona rich for years and now it appears they have changed the product. It is absolutely disgusting the worst coffee I have ever had! Why change something that was so good.
Lost me as a customer, if I could rate it zero stars I would

Purchased in February 2020 for A$16.00.