Moccona Classic Medium Roast

Moccona Classic Medium Roast

See the Best Instant Coffee in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Godswill A.

Godswill A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Tastes so bitter with no aroma

Bought this coffee for the first time at coles. Tastes unbelievably bad. its shocking. bitter with no aroma. i would not be buying this again. i guess its back to blend 43 for me

Purchased in September 2019 at Coles for $18.00.

Fair GoFair Suck, Of The Saveloy

Has Moccona forgotten their 1980/90's TV Commercial ?

I would laugh if another coffee company did a send-up of Moccona's TV advert from the 1980/90's to show what people think of Moccona these days. If you have forgotten, people in the Moccona TV advert would run out of a home vomiting because they were served something other than Moccona. Seems Moccona has forgotten their own TVC given their latest offerings are best suited to drain cleaning.
As far as coffee goes these days, Moccona Classic should be taken off the shelves.

Purchased in September 2019 at Woolworths for $12.99.

Lyndal Y.

Lyndal Y.

Dishwater.

Vile, burnt, bitter and it leaves a horrible aftertaste. I don't believe for an instant Moccona carried out consumer testing. They decided to fatten their bottom line by going cheap on their ingredients. If they're smart they'll change it back, but after they scammed loyal customers by removing the "new richer aroma" label, while keeping the new inferior gross tasting flavour, I don't trust them at all now. Bye bye, Moccona.

Purchased in August 2018 at Coles Supermarkets for $14.00.

LucaC

LucaC

WHAT HAPPEN

I now know why its so cheap bought it for half price, was always a Medium Roast lover for over 15 years Its was my morning pickup but now is taste burnt and just yuk and now switched over to another brand

Purchased in August 2019 at Coles for $9.00.

Nithya V.

Nithya V.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible and tastes like burnt plastic

Yuk,Horrible and Nasty..Was a Moccana lover and now it tastes like burnt.i would say horrible taste and leaves a bad taste and would never buy again if Mocanna wont return to its original taste.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $9.00.

Kay

KaySouth Australia

Jars not able to be opened by older people

Since my husband passed away, I am unable to buy a jar of Moccona because I can’t get the lid off! There is just no way to grip it. I have reverted to another brand sadly

Purchased in August 2019.

Flavour change tastes horrible

Been a Moconna consumer for years but in the last few months the flavour of the DarkRoast 8 has changed in a bad way! Tastes like melted plastic in coffee.

Purchased in August 2019 at Countdown for $18.99.

Lee D.

Lee D.Illawarra, NSW

Very weak

I was a moccona coffee lover for years but some thing has changed and it is weak you need to add more and more to get the same flavour you used to get they must think we are stupid

Purchased for $24.00.

Horrible makes me sad such a great product has been destroyed by it own maker and they are still not listening

Been drinking it for close to 30 years and can no longer bear the taste since the changes have moved on to a different brand and will not return to classic medium roast unless Moccona returns it to the original blend

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $24.99.

Simply dreadful !

Yuk ! It's all I can say. It leaves an awful after taste in your mouth. Not sure what happened to the moccona coffee, it USED to be good. BUT no more. Won't be buying the medium and dark roast again.

Purchased in June 2019.

vicki.coster1

vicki.coster1Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

HORRIBLE !

WHY? Would you change a fantastic coffee. It tastes like dish water. Awful awful. I no longer enjoy a coffee in the morning. Your commercial now shouldn't have two lovey dovey models sipping moccona lovingly. Should show them with screwed up horrible looks on their faces because this stuff will wreck any romance.

Purchased in July 2019 for $12.99.

the original blend was perfect

We first started using Moccona 20 years ago and were disgusted with the changed product (richer aroma) when I phoned the customer service department they told me that they had no intention of changing back as consumer research said it was better!
They offered a sample of the suggested French roast but this never arrived.

Purchased in June 1999.

Katrina K.

Katrina K.South East Queensland, QLD

moccona classic

I've been buying this coffee for many years. This year 2019 it tastes different/horrible.
We have given it a few tries this year but 3 times it has been yuk!
Moccona French style is great....but too expensive.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $16.00.

DoviSouth East Queensland, QLD

Moccona's Taste is back

Last year I wrote a scathing review about this coffee an gave it one star. Today , I am glad to say Moccona has it's taste back. It no longer has that burnt coffee bean flavour. I have been a Moccona coffee drinker for over 20 years and I am grateful, they have brought back the original flavour.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA for $16.00.

SimonPerth, WA

Why change a great product?!

The new blend is flat and metallic. It's so disappointing. We've been drinking the Classic No. 5 for 20 years but have switched brands due to the change. When you call Moccona to give feedback or complain they tell you to try the French blend and that the 'improved' blend was trialed and voted on but I'm assuming it was run in Europe or is just a lie to cover cost cutting...Nobody with a sense of taste would drink the new moccona.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Absolute crap

Purchased in April 2019 for $24.00.

Moccona misrepresenting their coffee as being the traditional product

My wife and I have been loyal customers of Moccona Classic Medium Roast for almost 35 years. Now we have over 5 jars still with long use by dates sitting in the pantry. It was something we looked forward to every morning, even taking it with us on our trips. Now with this new beaut formula we don’t want to touch it because not only does it taste bitter, but it leaves us with a bad after taste later on. We’ve now resorted to drinking Coles coffee which is far superior. We’re demanding a refund on the 5 jars from Douwe Egbert, since the product we bought has been totally misrepresented by them. If they don’t take it back we will ta

Purchased in March 2019 at Woolworths Physical store.

Sam J

Sam JGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Try Coles or Woolworths home brand instant freeze dried Coffee..

We have been buying the 100g Woolworths Home Brand Classic Freeze Dried.. now for the last 9 months.. Its the closest we could find to the old Moccona No 5 Classic.. Woolworths now get our money, we buy it 12 jars at a time.. Haha but its worth it.. Even if they changed it back.. I'd find it hard to go back to Moccona now.. Just terrible treatment of customers. MOCCONA!! Look what you have done!

Purchased in May 2019 for $16.00.

A_R_T

A_R_TQueensland

This is for the number 10 espresso variety in the same jar

We bought the espresso, number 10 variety of this coffee jar. Got the 400gm large jar as even though we hadn't had this coffee in quite some time, we had always loved it! Well not this time! It tastes like some wild animal has peed all over the coffee beans! I had to keep checking my milk as it tasted that bitter and sour I thought maybe the milk had somehow suddenly gone off, but no matter which brand of milk we use it still tastes like a lama peed on the coffee!! Waste of money!! Don't risk wasting $25 on this crap!

Purchased in May 2019 for $25.00.

Utter rubbish. No idea why they changed it.

Saddened that it was changed. It used to be my go to, but 12 months down the track and I’m still searching for a suitable replacement. Burnt, smells bad, tastes worse. #thesearchgoeson

Purchased in July 2018.

ann6666

ann6666asked

HI I've just opened a no 8 dark roast Moccona and its awful, did they change it too, expiry 18//12/2020, what a waste of so much money, any hints on making it palatable?

Fair Go

Consider Moccona a drain cleaner these days !.
Best instant coffee's are: Natures Cuppa, 100% Arabica Freeze Dried Organic Coffee 100g $8 at Woolworths, Coles own brand Freeze Dried Organic 100g $4.50 or best of all, Aldi's Colombian Freeze Dried coffee 100g for $3.25 (when available). Nescafe has added a "Colombian" jar ($11 for 100g) to their range which is 100% Arabica and tastes great. The good thing is Nescafé does not make this coffee, its from the same people that made Carte Noire instant coffee. Hope this helps. bye

Barryasked

Is the current classic medium roast number 5 now made to the old recipe ????

Have Moccona issued an apology for the pain and anguish caused by the dumb decision to tamper with their customers favourite coffee blend ???

I want to go back to Maconna, but only if I will be getting the very same !!!

Simon

Nope, it’s still the new disgusting blend. Don’t waste your money.

Dovi

I have been drinking Moccona number 5 for over 20 years. In my opinion is it back to the original flavour, without the burnt coffee bean taste. Also, make sure you buy a jar with a use by date (on bottom of jar) from 18/09/2020 or after that date.. Also, you will notice the new jars don't have printed on the label "New improved aroma". I think you will be happy with the taste and agree with me once you try a new jar.

Thanks,
My use by date is currently 2/21 and has no richer aroma label
It does not have the horrible burnt smell and flavour, but I and not sure it is what I have been using for decades. I think it is stronger than it was.
Perhaps I have to start again and get used to it, if it is not quite the same as the old one
Thanks again for your response.
Will we ever get a notification from
Maccona do you think ???

Debbie M

Debbie Masked

Why is the coffee so so bitter now. It is unpleasant to drink and you have forced me to try other coffee in the search to find one similar to your old style medium classic 5 roast. Can you please go back to the way you used to roast it as it was perfect before... please

WillG
WillG

I can’t say with 100% certainty but I have heard they changed processing plants in Europe, probably to save money. They reckon they did the full product testing and consumer consultation process so I’d love to meet the panel that signed off on this rubbish. Try the organic fair trade freeze dried coffee from Coles, it’s not as nice as the old number 5 but better than the new rubbish.

Get an answer from our members and Moccona representatives

CategoryInstant Coffee