Monier

Monier

See the Best Roofing Companies in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Monier? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.4
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees

Sick of Crap Products
Sick of Crap ProductsIllawarra, NSW

Monier Tiles in my opinion are HOPELESS and FAULTY.

Swak WA
Swak WAGreat Southern, WA

Avoid

We have the horizon tile on our roof and it never looked good from day one. Looks about 50 years old not 10 and it leaks like sieve. Clearly the Horizon tile is a defective product. Would have got the colour bond roof but the builder wanted to charge an extra 5k and the horizon tile looked nice in the pictures so we went with it. Big mistake, It’s now the cause of a lot of stress and anxiety every time it rains. CSR shouldn’t even be selling the horizon tile. Needs to be a recall and they should be made to clean up their mess and replace the inferior horizon tile.

Bill
BillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

My monier Georgian shingle roof tiles are constantly cracking.

Within weeks of sunshine roofing installing monier Georgian roof tiles they began cracking. I finally convinced them to come inspect them about 1 year later, resulting in them replacing quite a lot of tiles. Since then the tiles have continued to crack and do not sit straight in line with each other. There always seems to be a couple of pieces of broken tile sliding slowly down the roof. Constant tile replacements, even had a water leak in ceiling. My recommendation is to steer well clear of monier.

Norma Hocking
Norma HockingHunter Region, NSW

Poor example of roof tiles

Our house will be 11 years old in May, the tiles have deteriorated colour wise over the past five years, and we have had leaks from the very early stages! Have had it checked by our insurers, some tiles had been cracked from the laying, and now supposedly fixed, we still have leaks, mould in a back bedroom. But, it’s the colour of the roof I hate, looks mouldy itself, the tiles just don’t looked fired or made properly! Whatever happened to the monier tiles of years ago? These tiles look like seconds, so disappointing, we will never use the monier tile again!

Daniel
DanielPerth, WA

horizon Sambuca monier prime

Had horizon sambuca roof tiles installed on my roof. They looked so nice in the show room. After a year the were extremely faded And the tiles were cracking everywhere! the roof looked about 30years old!! Monier prime had agreed to paint them And replaced the cracked ones. Not long after the same problem. The tiles had started to crack again. Extremely angry this time as water had entered my roof. They came out to inspect it and replaced the tile. So upset with these tiles. They are chipping away and cracking. Surely there has to be a recall on these tiles as so many people have the same complaints!
So if you are looking to put sambuca horizon roof tiles stay away they are the worst tiles out! Never again!

SlazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't use Monier tiles...

• +14Thumbnail
Slazmo

Got onto the roof only to see that the ridge capping pointing has cracked since their repair and come loose again - have emailed CSR Monier and now waiting for the last week with no reply...

Fordfalcon
Fordfalcon

Don't use Monier tiles, poor customer service and policies.

Purchased some extra tiles with recommendations from their staff (after showing them the tile picture), as I needed to get my solar installed and I don't have any in spare.
She gave me the wrong ones as their was a colour difference (needed the lighter colour not the dark ones).
Its hard to find the difference between the lighter and dark in that particular model tile and when I have requested exchange, she refused to exchange/return, so greedy.
Also, what I have found now is only on the back of Monier tiles there is only Monier written on it, no model name/number. A shame.

Toni
ToniCatalina

Monier's tile warranty is a farce! There is no warranty if the paint comes off in 6 years.

Donna
DonnaSydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service and Warranty Support

Our house is a project home built around 17 years ago. We had some problems with minor leaks for no apparent reason. We contacted Monier who came out and took some tiles away for assessment. It was found that the tiles had a fault. We now have a brand new roof replaced by Monier under warranty. Very happy with the outcome and the customer service was excellent.

Christophe
ChristophePerth, WA

Poor quality & even worse customer service

We built two houses with Monier Horizon profile. Both houses now have significant leaks and this was blamed on debris and moss build up. This is ludicrous. Long story short we are left with a house that leaks unless we put sarking in at a cost of $15,000. Monier are not accepting any responsibility for their defective products.

geoff.samuels.35
geoff.samuels.35Peel, WA

Roof faded no body from Monier will help

Our house is 11 yrs old, we have badly faded Horizon Sambuca Tiles tiles not all have faded , made contact with Monier, to be told they would not do anything about the problem as the house is over 10 years old what a load of rubbish

Job Satisfaction
australiaaustralia nsw

Shame! Shame! Shame!

Lesley
LesleySouth East Queensland, QLD

They don't want to know if you have a problem!

Monier will not honor the 50 year warranty

We have a Monier Tile roof. It has broken tiles. WE have been trying to work with Monier to reimburse the money for broken tiles and we will pay of labor and cost to install the new tiles. Monier’s Attorney said that the warranty we have was never registered even though it has a stamper number on the warranty. He said Monier will not honor the stamped warranty . Ant suggestions on how to proceed? Thanks in advance

Crack and leaking tiles.

All our hips slid. All our tiles faded. Over 100 have cracked. In Hervey Bay as well. Still in Qcat with the builder and it is nearly 4 years.

October 9th 2019 Update: Roof Tiles

We have been in Qcat 5 years because of Monier Horizon tiles. They will not help you as a company even if they know there is a fault. Never get these tiles as they use a side clip that does not support the tile in place properly.

Mark H.
Mark H.asked

Monied concrete tiles clips caused leaking problems

Dypsis
Dypsisasked

I've been browsing some of these reviews and have noticed a common denominator amongst some posts.

Not everyone has posted the actual tile name, but those who have posted the name have posted the name of flat tiles as opposed to curved ones. For example, Horizon and Georgian are both flat tiles that have been named in these reviews.

I've been communicating a lot with roof tilers lately as I have been planning to get a new tiled roof, and some of them have told me that curved tiles will always be a stronger tile as the curved shape gives them extra strength and the curved shape of the tile distributes pressure evenly all over the tile rather than concentrating it at any one point.

I am not making excuses for your tiles breaking. It is just an observation that stood out to me reading through the reviews and the information I have gained from speaking with a number of roof tilers.

It would be interesting to know if anyone is having the same troubles with curved roof tiles. For example, the Monier Elabana.

Good luck to everyone with getting them fixed in a timely manner.
I hope you all used sarking underneath them.

australiaasked

Hello Craig, what was the end result of your claim? I too have problems that have recently surfaced, however of a different nature.

Craig Hervey Bay
Craig Hervey Bay

Hi there, please see my reply to Matt.

We are waiting on further reports... what is your problem (of a different nature)?

australia

Hello Craig, awaiting further info. Will list extensive issues encountered over a period of time. It's a wonder we still have a roof. This Co. should be held accountable.