Motorola Moto G5S Plus

MPN: KHMOTG5SPDS32GRY

kathir77

kathir77Queanbeyan

Perfect phone

Purchased in November 2018 at Officeworks for $287.00.

Performance
Battery Life
Camera Quality
Hardware
Software

O.N.

O.N.

Excellent phone

Battery holds for at least 3 days. Good screen and sound.
Fast charging (2 hrs).
Won't flash when messages arrive though.
Other than that - very happy with it. Highly recommended.

Purchased in January 2017.

Sledge Hammer

Sledge HammerAdelaide

really good

Bought this from Officeworks $287 online. Wanted a good, dual sim phone to take advantage of cheap data when it arises without losing my original plan which doesn't exist anymore. Coming from an Iphone 5s its a bit of a learning curve, as I don't do social media perhaps a bit of overkill. I find that the dual sim ability is awesome. So camera, battery life, brightness are good . Comes loaded with lots of apps, most of which I don't use. Negatives are the attachment for charging is difficult to plug into the phone, easily slides out of trouser pocket due to it size and slipperiness (cover has been ordered). Next time I'll get one a bit smaller.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Steve

Steve

OK Phone but don't drop it AT ALL!

Good value for money phone with much of the functionality of much dearer competitors, but on day 2 of owning the phone I drop it from about 1 foot high and the screen is now cracked. Been quoted at least $180 to fix it by an authorised repairer - only $100 less then what I paid for it, so much for the Gorilla® Glass 3.

Tried calling the retailer I bought it from but can't get through to them on the phone.

Date PurchasedJan 2019

Connie

ConnieBerrimah

a great bargain

This phone has a solid build, I have dropped it a few times, no dents,no crack. The display is also sturdy, I didn't put any screen protector, yet it doesn't have scratches. It has been almost a year now and it is still doing great. I guess for this price point, it is not too bad after all. This phone has a build up torch light where you can shake the phone and the torch will lit. (other phones can do this as well with an app, but not as smooth as this phone). What I don't really like about this phone is the home and back button, which I don't know why but I feel awkward when I need to use it, it gives me a feeling of using an iphone.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Shazzy BAU

Excellent quality phone easy to use

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Shazzy B

it is hard to get a case for, I recommend a case of ebay and a glass screen protector should be around $12 and MAN have i dropped it... onto tiles, onto concrete, once off the car roof and all I have done is crack the screen-protector phone all good

Gorgeous phone.

Glorious build quality, excellent interface, loads of battery life, bright, clear display, plenty of memory and affordable. What more could you want (unless you're a brand snob)? This is my third Motorola and they've all been fantastic. Very satisfied with the durability, attractive as and processing power of this phone. Highly recommended. I

Hugh s

Hugh sMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Premium budget phone

The Moto g5s plus is a great phone with an excellent display and good camera. The metal build quality offers a very premium feel, though it is slippery in the hand, so I would recommend a case or a skin. The display is bright band vivid, though not as pretty compared to AMOLED and OlED. Lastly the camera is poor in lowlight and is rather slow, but for a budget phone it is above average.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
BernieFlyer

BernieFlyerHobart, TAS

Absolutely Fabulous For The Price

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Arthur

ArthurWA, 6111

Excellent Value For Money

Price has to be the best value for money on the market, I only paid $259 16/8/18.
Look what you get, a fingerprint scanner for security also doubles for navigation so no screen space is lost having navigation icons.
It has an excellent Display, Processor and Memory, Great Battery life, Dual SIM slots, fast charging, 13 mp front and 8 mp rear camera, twist it twice & camera comes on automatically, 2 karate chops and the light comes on. It is just so easy to use!

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Bantam

BantamBatemans Bay

Fantastic smartphone for the money

Bought this phone a couple of months ago and haven't been disappointed. The camera quality is above average in daytime conditions. Nighttime photos aren't exactly the greatest but they're still better than phones from a couple of years ago. The display is big and bright and easy to read. I use a few apps here and there including web browsing and haven't noticed any lagging or hiccups. You'd be hard pressed to find a phone with these specs in the same price bracket.. (I paid $327 for mine)

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Ben

BenSydney, NSW

Excellent budget Android phone

The Moto G5S Plus is an excellent budget Android phone. It has an excellent display, processor and memory. It comes with the latest Android OS and is not cluttered with vendor changes and so should have good flow of updates as later versions of the Android OS are released. It comes with a finger print scanner for security that also doubles for navigation so screen space is saved with not having to display the the usual navigation icons.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

Phill

PhillSouth Australia

Great phone, But

I bought the G5S plus, when I ran over my G4 plus and smashed the screen, I find these phones excellent value for money, under $350.
So, the G5S plus has a couple of draw backs for me. You can have 2 Sims and no SD card or 1 Sim with SD card. The G4 I could have 2 Sims and SD card. Also the power button in wrong spot as when holding during a call, you keep hitting restart cutting off your call. If these could could be fixed, brilliant phone. I paid under $300. Still happy.

NewportHandyman

NewportHandymanSydney

Bye Byeiphone(s)...

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Andy

AndyNsw

Great mid-range phone

Bought this after my iphone 6s died suddenly. I was expecting some reduction in performance, but for my needs this is absolutely perfect. I haven't noticed any performance issues at all - if anything it seems faster and more responsive than my iphone, for a lot less money! I am super happy with this purchase.

Perfect Phone

There is nothing like Motorola Moto G5s Plus. It has features that a high-end phone have but at a cheaper price. With less pay, you enjoy what a phone should be. It has 4 gigabytes of ram, 32 internal memory, octa-core processor and a 5.5 screen top with gorilla glass, there is a phone like no other. I definitely love it!

Date PurchasedMay 2018

JanelleP

JanellePAU

Best phone I have ever had and less than $400

I don't subscribe to the Apple iPhone hype where I would have had to pay at least $1000 to purchase an Apple iphone. I had an S5 Galaxy but a salesperson suggested that the Motorola motog5s Plus would run rings around most of the phones under $1000. So I purchased it with Gold Service Extras Extended Warranty. The phone is great all around I cannot fault it. It charges quickly and takes fantastic photos and is very easy to use. I saved myself heaps I cannot believe you can buy a phone the quality of this one under $400. Thanks to The Good Guys.

Piajess

PiajessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great phone which beats a lot of pricier mobiles

rayc101

rayc101

Moto 5Gs plus - good but with limitations

Overall a good phone, with fast resolution, tight buttons and a sensible layout. It is easy to use.
It's camera is responsive and has a range of easily used options. However, when downloading pics for storage, it is difficult to find where they went.
It also has no internal magnet. This omission means you cannot install a compass or star maps.

Fer

FerVaucluse

Good phone good camera

The cameras are great. I used iPhone till now, but this moto is great. Fast charging, good battery life better than iPhone and cheap phones. I think I will get stuck with this one for a long time. Totally recommended to everyone even iPhone lovers. Good, cheap and reliable phone.

Alan C

Alan Casked

Does it have Telstra Blue Tick for remote reception?

Shazzy B

No tick as such, but hubby just used his from Karumba - up Nth Qld near Normanton (GUlf of Carpenteria) even in Normanton and NEVER a problem with reception - thumbs up we even face book real life called each other multiple times a day with no dramas. Im not sure about remote or rural Australia though!

Iwonderasked

I'm wondering how the speaker volume is when making/taking phone calls? I'm not deaf but can't hear as well as I used to and being able to hear clearly during a phone call is the most important thing to me. My old Lenovo/Medion P4502 was great for that but time for an upgrade. Thanks.

Nighthawk

Interesting question. (Signal strength would have as much of as impact at times, perhaps). The front-located speaker is clear with more-than-adequate volume methinks. I tend to hold the phone (all mobiles) kinda upside-down or horizontal-out for mic reception (& still no issues with the reception volume of the delightful Motorola.)

Shazzy B

Hi I will take a quick video tonight of me talking through the speaker phone and somehow get it to you :) I use the speaker phone in the car as my car blutooth is well sporadic so I just use the motorola speaker part and it is very very good. Very good clarity and signal is great too - i live in regional Qld and i have switched to the dreaded TELstRa for good signal. I seriously LOVE this phone after having expensive APPLEs etc it is more than up there for a great price. I found apps easy to add from the GOogle store too. Im not sure if I can add my email so I can email you a video of the speaker but its quite loud.

Iwonder

Thanks for your responses Nighthawk and Shazzy B. It seems like you both are happy with the phone's voice call volume which is great, and also good to hear that you like this phone overall so I'll take your word for it. I need to get my teenage son a new phone as well so I'll suggest the Moto GS5 to him, then I can check it out and get myself one too.

Sandra

Sandraasked

Is this product AU comparable? Does it have AU. Hanging g plug or does it require an adapter!

Paul

Yes, it is AU compatible and it also has an adapter included in the box. Either way, you can use to charge in any kinds of power socket you want.

Get an answer from our members and Motorola representatives

CategoryMobile Phones
Screen Size 5.5"
Screen Resolution1920 x 1080 pixels
Display TechnologyIPS LCD
Camera
Max Video Resolution 2160p (Ultra HD, 4K)
Hardware