Mountain Buggy Urban Series

Pros

• Comes with handy accessories

• Fully reclining seat

• Suitable for all terrain

Cons

• Large

• Suitable for Running Yes (5) · No (1)
  • Safety
  • Manoeuvrability
  • Ease of Packing & Storage
Andy Boot

Andy BootGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible

Bought this from Mountain buggy direct. The instructions are terrible. We have no idea how to put this from cot back to rear facing. We can do the black inline slim part but can't out the grey softer layer in or end up with 2 sets of seatbelts. Instructions are useless. The photographer has no idea how to take photos and there is more shade on the photos in the key parts so you have no idea which way up things are. Next time don't photograph a black pram. Try red with black straps.

Purchased in November 2020.

Marc

MarcPerth, WA

Great pram, terrible warranty service!

Over than being a bit bulky, the pram is lovely, very maneuverable and glides well. We use it for running and also an every day pram. One of the tyres has been bulging for quite a while and I decided to make a warrantly claim. After several attempts, the manufacturer refuses to replace the faulty tyre as it is exposed to the elements. Unusual for an all terrain pram with a supposed 3 year warranty.

Purchased in December 2019 at Baby Bunting for $900.00.

SFRAU

Was good in 2016, gone out the window since.

Purchased in January 2016 for $800.00.

3-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Find out how Mountain Buggy Urban Series compares to other 3-Wheel Prams & Strollers

Ali

Ali

Great except for the lack of shade the hood provides

Purchased in September 2019 at Babyography.

Ioanna

IoannaAdelaide

Very practical pram

Love this pram, 3rd baby and I was ready for a practical pram more so than those "showy prams" like I had previosuly had. This pram still looks stylish but has so many added benefits like the good size storage with zip pockets (storage basket fits 10kg = couple bags of shopping) Terrain air wheels make it easy on uneven paths, big seat so the baby can grow into it (birth to 3 or 4 year old fits comfortably). 1 hand fold and you don't need to take the pram apart to fold it. Also comes with attached bottle holder near the parent handle which is handy. Wish I had purchased this sooner! ... only downfall is that I don't like the feel of the parent handle it's abit plastic-y but overall it's a good quality pram that can adapt to growing baby.

Purchased in February 2020 at Mountain buggy for $799.00.

Amy P.

Amy P.Tasmania

Great pram for rougher terrain

Purchased in April 2019 at Babyland for $699.00.

JDP

JDP

Great for running, quite bulky though

I love this pram for running, it's very smooth. However I would love if it could take 2 kids. That bassinet never seemed to attach properly. Capsule was great. Full sized seat had some excellent features like laying down flat. Just quite a big pram. I'd get something more compact

ZoeC

ZoeCAdelaide

Ok not great

Steers beautifully and suspension is great. Handles different surfaces with ease. Basket storage is reasonable but not the biggest and an awkward shape. Bassinet is average. Parent facing seat is very poor, if this is important to you I would recommend choosing a different pram. The stroller seat is also average. It’s lopsided and the straps are useless at best. The sunshade is also poor-doesn’t stay up properly and even when it is up coverage is minimal. Easy to fold but heavy and bulky

Purchased in September 2018.

danielp

danielpMelbourne

Survived 3 kids and a lot of walking since 2012

meaganjade

meaganjadeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great purchase!

I love our Mountains Buggy Urban Jungle! We decid d to go with a pram that had 3 wheels, and we had also heard that this model of pram is great for running with also! It’s sturdy and is competent in going off road also. My only critique is that the bassinet (purchased separately) for this pram is bulky and somewhat poor quality compared to others that I have seen. The bassinet is difficult to disassemble as you have to remove the bassinet prior to folding up the pram, and takes up a lot of room in the car as a result of this.

Questionable

QuestionableSydney, NSW

We love our Mountain buggy!

KateK

KateKHobart

Love this pram!

I loved the 3 wheels after pushing my friends pram 4 wheeler around (steel craft). It is easy to steer and very manoeuvrable. The air filled tyres make it very comfortable for baby and it also has shock absorbers to reduce the bounce on rough surfaces. So far this pram is used twice daily for nearly 7 months, it’s spent many hours at the beach, camping, rain forest walks in the back of my husbands ute and it is still in perfect condition.

The only negative I have is it was a little bit unbalanced while we were using it with the capsule (maxi cosi) so you had to make sure you balanced it really carefully off the gutter or through a pot hole etc.

shaggysonlyshorty

shaggysonlyshortyTAS, 7010

Great Pram that will go anywhere, smooth ride for baby

Sami

SamiHobart

Love!

I got the mountain buggy urban jungle just before my baby was born, it has been the best purchase so far! It is easy to maneuver once you get the hang of it, it is so simple to fold although unfolding can be a touch tricky, only because I find the release mechanism on the "wrong" side!
It is a very large pram but that was perfect for me as I didn't want to have to purchase another as my baby grew. I highly recommend the mountain buggy range!

Emma

EmmaPerth

Poor quality

I loved the look of this pram (nautical luxury) and was so so excited. The hood is very rarely extended and 18 months in looks 10 years old from the obsurd amount of fading. Adding to the the entire Brake system has gone so have had to pay for a new one as my pram is currently stuck in lock mode and is unusable.
Extremely disappointing and definitely not the standard which it is advertised as being.

ARD

ARDSydney

Our best baby product purchase!

Purchased new including CarryCot which doubled as a bassinet for 5 months. Worth every cent. Excellent quality, great suspension and find easy to maneuver in all terrain. The storage basket is deep and easily accessible making shopping convenient with a baby. The hand brake is practical and folding the pram is simple. The only downside for me has been the weight (approx 11.5kgs) however this is a small sacrifice for the quality.

maddy

maddymelbourne

mountain buggy

So i had purchased a second hand mountain buggy which was previously loved and it was still faultless and was so happy with it i decided to upgrade to a newer model for no other reason than just as a treat its easy to fold away and if needed i can even quickly unclip the wheels to make it even more compact. The suspension and the large wheels makes it glide on ruff terrain when we go off road .

Rosie

RosieQld

Fantastic pram

Fantastic pram worth every cent. Manoeuvres easily and very well, has been a dream in shopping centres, footpaths and off road. Holds up to a high weight, meaning we have been able to let our 4 year old sleep in it on the off occation. Incredibly easy to fold and unfold, a bit large but we knew the size when we brought it.

Phoebe

PhoebeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great, straightforward pram that maneuvers really well.

This is a great, very well built straightforward pram. I've found it particularly useful to use in my area with lots of cobbled laneways and parks, mainly due to the air tyres and suspension - it just glides along super easily. Also, due to only having three wheels it's really easy to get on and off trams (that aren't packed) by locking the front wheel. My two frustrations are that the fabric on the hood (black) fades and the seat recline buckles are fiddly, but worh practise they're fine. I also didn't use it with my newborn, because we mainly used a carrier for the first four month , but believe you can get a bassinet for it!

Michele Small

Michele Small

Great looking pram

Easy to maneuver and folds with the press of 1 button. Fits in my mazda3 boot (small!) And still room for shopping and is not too heavy. Great pram for forward facing babies and young children alike. Good quality materials and build. I've had many compliments on this pram so highly recommend.

Jf1990

Jf1990asked

Urban Series

Has anyone used a maxi cosi city capsule with the mountain buggy urban? I can see maxi cosi micro but unsure if the city has the same attachements

SFR

Yes! They have attachments- call them and they’ll tel you which ones match up

Kerry

Kerryasked

Urban Series

I’m looking at this pram Mountain Buggy Urban 3 and wanting to know how easy it to push with one hand ? I have big dogs and wanting to walk them while pushing the pram. My current pram phill and Teds 4 wheels is horrible to push with one hand. Also is this pram heavy to lift in and out of the car? Thanks

Kate K
Kate K

I have the Urban Jungle and walk 5km every day with my 35kg husky. It is the perfect 1 handed pram, so easy to steer!
It is however a heavier pram to load in and out of the car, but I'm still managing it at 6 months pregnant.

Tinka

Tinkaasked

Urban Jungle Series

I noticed there's a zipper on the hood of my UJ. What is it idee for?

Dee F.
Dee F.

The mesh shade cover attaches to it.

See all Mountain Buggy Urban Series questions

Get an answer from our members and Mountain Buggy representatives

Mountain Buggy Urban Series

Features

Spacious: With a roomy 60cm / 23.6" seat back height and a 25kg / 55lbs weight limit, this buddy offers superior longevity for your growing child until they are 5 years old.

All-terrain versatility: With 12" air-filled tyres, this pram offers superior performance on all terrain and the smoothest handling on any surface.

Fully functional: Accessories include a grab bar, reversible seat liner and bottle holder.

Suitable with baby capsules: Click your infant car seat on and go with Mountain Buggy’s range of car seat adaptors.

Fully reclining seat: You have the total choice to go from lying flat to upright, offering versatility to meet your baby's sleeping needs.

Sun protection: This buggy features an extra-large fixed sun canopy with mesh extension with a UPF 50+ rating.

In addition, it has:

• Superior manoeuvrability and kerb pop
  • One-hand compact stand fold
  • Air-filled tyres
  • Travel system ready
  • 5-point safety harness
  • Multi-adjustable handlebar

What reviewers thought

This pram is very practical since it has storage pockets, a bottle holder and a sun canopy. The terrain air wheels make it easy to navigate even on uneven paths. It is very easy to open and close.

Some reviewers have noted that the pram is quite large which makes it unsuitable for use in a shop. Others have had problems with the durability of the breaks - but were able to get them sorted out under the warranty.

Compare all 3 Mountain Buggy Urban Series
Category3-Wheel Prams & Strollers3-Wheel Prams & Strollers3-Wheel Prams & Strollers
Price (RRP) $799.00$1,298.00$679.95
Seating TypeSingleSingleSingle
Convertible YesYes
Suitable Age12+ months12+ months12+ months
Max User Weight 25 kg25 kg25 kg
Seat OrientationReversibleReversible
Bassinet CompatibleYes (Sold Separately)Yes (Sold Separately)
Capsule CompatibleYes, with addition of adaptersYes, with addition of adapters
FeaturesArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat StorageArm Bar, Height-Adjustable Handle, Locking Front Wheels, Suspension and Under-seat Storage
Wheel MaterialInflatable
Weight11.2 kg11.5 kg
Manufacturer Warranty1 year(s)1 year(s)1 year(s)
Folded Dimensions86 x 63 x 102.5 cm90 x 63 x 33 cm