NAB Home Insurance

See the Best Home and Contents Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Avoid at all costs!!!

Avoid at at costs!!, the products sold by Nab, underwritten by Allianz does not provide peace of mind...after 4 years of being with Nab i had an incident at home where water from my fish tank damaged my flooring etc, i get told this event is classified as accidental damage and i am not covered for this!!! I have complained numerous times only to be transferred from allianz to nab, nab to allianz... the pds lacks transparency, nab and allianz lack integrity, the nab website does not state that “accidental damage” is excluded nor do they have this as an optional extra... the words “accidental damage” are no where to be found on there PDS, all other insurance companies make this apparent to the policy holder but not NAB!!! Stay away!!!!!!! My family are at loss of $4,000to$6000 not to mention the premiums wasted over the years for an inferior / out of date insurance product... Nab does not take any responsibility and Allianz dont want to know about it

Coverage TypeHome & Contents
Property TypeHouse
Claim MadeYes
Type of ClaimEscape of Liquid
Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo
Claim DateDecember 2018

NAB insured via alliance who use sedwick who use townsend who use contrators

8 years plus with NAB insurance, NAB insured who use alliance who use sedwick who use townsend who use contractors.
Cant get any of the proper quotes via sedwick. hiding the breakdown and wont tell us what will be used in the repairs, we do not know what will be used? Will it loo the same who knows no details will be revealed.
Get threatened with callout fees.

Worst claim process so far.
Just want to be paid so we can repair, dont want to be pushed without details.

Tried to write to NAB but NAB timed out before I could write it.

Insurance claim madeYes

Cancelling is a joke

Having sold my property, I have taken the time to inform all accounts of my expected date of settlement. NAB paperwork suggests to visit your branch.
So I stood in a queue, only to be told I had to ring the bank. So I did that afternoon. To be told because my a/c is due for payment on the 15th, I had to ring on that date. Which I have...today to be told that my fortnightly payment is due on the 28th, so I need to ring on that date, as settlement is on the 29th, which is the date I did advise each time.
SO now I have to ring a 4TH time, what a waste of my time & what an inefficient system to have.
A waste of time for the staff, who in the first place, dont give out information sufficient for customers to understand exactly what is necessary to finalise an a/c. I wont be a customer again.

Insurance claim madeNo

Read the fine print!

NAB/Allianz does not cover accidental damage as part of their home and contents insurance. This was explained to when wanting to make a claim. You can imagine how ripped off we feel! Two years of paying insurance and when you need to claim being told its not covered!!!

Customer service was good no complaints there, but products they offer are dodgy - so read the fine print.

We phoned around and easily found a h & c insurance that will cover accidental damage and cancelled my NAB policy. Guess what ... a $20 cancellation fee! You gotta love the banks!

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi SuzieQ, thanks for providing feedback for Allianz Insurance - I've passed this onto the team for you ^TC

Why the highway robbery?

Picture this: flash back to 2010. Fortnightly combined insurance premium for house and contents is $130. Segue to the current day. Today I received my insurance renewal notice for 2013. The new insurance premium is $789.21 per fortnight. That's right folks, $789.21 per fortnight. Total annual premium is $20,519.46 ... unbelievable. That is almost as much as my fortnightly mortgage repayment, and my house would barely be worth $300,000. Goodbye NAB.

Expensive, unjustifiable, highway robbery.