NAB Qantas Rewards

NAB Qantas Rewards

See the Best Rewards Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

It’s ok

It takes quite a while to accrue points for a flight using this card for day to day shopping. Having said that, knowing I have NAB support is what appeals to me. I’ve never had a discrepancy regarding transactions and statements are clear and concise. I’ve never chosen a credit card depending on their reward system.

Rates and Fees
Rewards
Card Start DateJuly 2005
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

I love the Qantas reward system

The Qantas rewards system has enabled our family of 4 to have enjoyed many points-paid flights over the last 30 years: comprised domestic & multiple-stop overseas; in economy & premium economy seats.

Rates and Fees
Rewards
Online Experience
Application Process
Card Start DateApril 1993
Main Point of ContactPhone
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Not one to usually praise a credit card product....

I am more likely to be cross with credit cards and banks than praise them so credit where credit is due (pardon the pun). Joined up for this card as I do for many of the QF points ones.
NAB texted to say approved. Texted to advise credit limit. Texted to advise cards were on their way. Great communication!
Astounded at the Credit Limit but accepted it and then it was easy to go on line and reduce it down to their minimum ($15k) myself.
Really like how they put the member number on the back of the card - saves you looking it up.
Two issues:
1. Didn't get my first statement, either by paper or electronic. Had to call up the Call Centre to check on that. The fellow noted I didn't receive it for future. I paid the statement straight away to avoid any extra interest but lucky I rang.
2. One for the NAB tech support: The online banking doesn't work with Mozilla Firefox. When you click on the menu called Accounts: and scroll to the bottom to click on Statements or any of the other selections, it won't stay expanded and keeps collapsing leaving you unable to make this selection. Tried it in IE and worked fine. Am on a government computer and also tried iPAD.
Unlike other cards, the 100k bonus points were credited to my QF FF even before I paid the first bill! (I had satisfied the spend requirements) This is in stark contrast to other similar products and their institutions.

They charging international fee for payments which are not international.

I bought flight from travel agent and found extra charge to account for international transfer next day. Useless to complain that it was shopping payment with it's own credit card fees included, not a transfer, they don't care. Also I've linked this card to my Australian PayPal account and use for shopping. They charge me international fee even if transaction is local - local seller to local buyer - ausPP to ausPP transfer. After 4 times I opened dispute about it and won ones, few days later it's happen again, I have opened dispute again but regardless of result I am gonna report it to financial Ombudsman as this is clear deceive. After this case I am closing account, I am seek of being charge hidden costs every time I buy something.
Actually nothing, maybe Quantas points, but can have it with other cheaper provider as well.
Unreasonable hidden charges for ordinary shopping. Very untrustworthy.

It's happening to me too.. I bough from local IT providers and paid with paypal but NAB charged me international transfer... I'll have to rethink all my NAB accounts. They suck.

Foreign Merchant Charges

I booked 2 flights with Emirates, on their Australian site, in Australian Dollars with an Australian Credit card. I searched the site to ensure there would be no fees on top of the total quoted ($6118). When the amount appeared on my NAB AMEX card, NAB added $92 fees!!! When asked, they fobbed me off with 'We consider Emirates a 'Foreign Merchant' so we are entitled to charge'. I reconfirmed with Emirates that the transaction was made in Australia through the australian site so should not be considered 'foreign'. Of course I got no Joy from NAB so intend to pull my account out of there asap.

Just because NAB 'Interpret' a merchant to be foreign, does that mean the Customer should be held to ransom? I personally feel its nothing short of Theft, especially when there is no warning when paying, that there may be extra bank fees incurred because of the Banks 'Interpretations'.

Open to the bank own 'Interpretations', contrary to the actual companies opinion.