Navman EZY270LMT

Robin
Robin

Update maps

Navman   DM

Hi Robin, Thank you for reaching out to us!

Regarding the map update installation process for the Navman EZY270LMT, please refer to the steps below:
external link .

If you will have any other concerns, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au.

Thank you.

peter m
peter m

my ezy 270 lmt has frozen on the startup (blue) screen. tried restarting ... no joy. tried reset button ... no joy. tried connecting to pc ... will not connect. are you able to help, pls?

Navman   DM

Hi Peter, Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear that the device has frozen on the startup screen. The problem that you described sounds like it is related to the software of the device. Reinstalling the software may resolve the problem, but the device should be detected by the computer. To resolve the connection problem, please try another USB port and another USB cable. Please also try another computer if possible.

Once detected, please reinstall the software. For the steps, you may refer to the link below:
external link

If you will still have problems with the device, please send an email to our email support team at pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au for further assistance.

Mark

Hi Peter had the same problem could not fix it chucked it in the bin and brought a Garmin 800

Paul D.
Paul D.

Can't get passed the language screen and the reset button won't work HELP

ozcan

I seem to recall Navman dispatched a large number of these units with that very glitch. I had to call them to get instructions to fix the issue. I've now had three Navman units fail us.* You'd think I'd have learned from this. * Primarily battery failure.

Carbon Proksi

Rest button doesn't work: Sounds like a dud unit. Not uncommon considering manufacturers the world over have greed as their primary motive, thus their business model includes dropping the quality of their products.

If you need help , contact the manufacturer or place you brought it from.

Navman   DM

Hi Paul, Sorry to know about your experience. We recommend performing Smart Recovery to further isolate the problem. For the steps, please click the link below:
external link

Hope this helps! Otherwise, feel free to email our support team at PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Ron W
Ron W

I have been (reasonably) happy with my EZY270LMT which was a trade in for an earlier model who's battery had died, now the 270's battery has died too - out of warranty and no replacement batteries made available by Navman! They use this as a gimic to get you to buy a new unit! with " lifetime maps" but not a lifetime GPS!!
Does anyone know the speed of the EZY270 battery? Dimensions and power ratings?

ozcan

No, unsure of the battery's speed, but the little power packs one can buy to recharge mobile phones, etc., will work... until they don't. We've kept our third Navman 'alive' using these power packs. You're correct about the 'lifetime maps'. When your GPS expires, so do your maps. Musk's next project (a reliable GPS unit, linked to StarLink?) might not only kill off unreliable ISPs, but also unreliable GPS manufacturers!~

Mark

There just crap my battery’s ok but it won’t load the maps

Carbon Proksi

Wasn't even aware it had a battery, as mine, out of the box, never worked after disconnecting it from the power cable.
As soon as I disconnected it ( I run a permanent "on" cigarette lighter socket) the screen would go black with the message, "Do you still want to use it - yes\no? I'd press "yes" and it would instantly shut down.

Navman aren't the only company to yearly decrease the quality of their products while increasing the price and reducing customer care. It seems the majority of companies have no clue about customer care, making good products with good pre and aftersales service is what generates a steady income.
(one exception so far, COWON - my MP3 player, 5-7 years old, used daily, and the battery is still in excellent condition, the whole device still 100% working)

Wouldn't be suprised if other gps manufacturers also don't have replacement batteries, because yes, more money for them to force a customer to buy a new system.

However, if the device is no longer under warranty, and the device is easy to take apart, you may be fortunate in finding an aftermarket replacement battery, it depends on how generic the battery is.

I've never had to use the battery on mine, as being a car gps, I use it in me car, thus power is always from the car battery, and I always rewire cig lighter sockets to have constant power, you know, like these sockets used to be years ago. Don't understand the reasoning behind turning off power to a socket.

But, I'll never buy another Navman because they wont make their software compatible with Windows XP.
I always a get 'cut and paste' response of, "You have to upgrade your computer's OS."

I reply with it doesn't take that much programming to modify software to run on XP and there's still millions of XP users who have zero interest in upgrading.
But they're conditioned by big business and simply can't think outside the box they're in.

Navman   DM

Hi Ron, Thank you for posting your query.

With regard to the battery’s specifications, we are unable to provide the information. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

What we can do is to provide some steps that may rectify the problem. Please try to charge the device by the Navman in-car power adaptor or the Navman AC adaptor for at least 20 mins. Perform a hard reset while the device is connected. To reset, hold down the power button for 10-15 seconds, wait 5 seconds and then turn on the device again by pressing the power button.

Hopefully, the above steps will rectify the problem with the device.

Reg J
Reg J

Regarding my 2016 Seven inch Navman GPS Model EZY 270 LMT
Where can I get a battery replacement, and map up-date service in the Adelaide (Australia) area?

ozcan

Yes, Navman batteries are a real problem. This is the _only_ tech gear I own (and I own a lot!) which continually fails me. We chucked our EZY 270 LMT away after it failed. Nothing (including power packs) could save it. Annoying, because it had not only AU / NZ maps, but also North American maps. We've never, ever been able to access UK maps on any of our three Navmans. A borrowed Tomtom worked well in England and Scotland.

Navman   DM

Hi Reg J., Thanks for posting your query.

Regarding with the battery, normally, we will have the device sent into our service centre as the battery is not user-replaceable nor can be purchased separately. However, due to limited stocks and parts that we have, we no longer offering out of warranty repair. The best option that we can offer you is to participate in our trade-in promotion. This promotion will give you 30% off RRP when you purchase a new device. Please refer to the appropriate link below to know more:
Australia: external link
New Zealand: external link

For the map update, it can be done via NavDesk7.50. For the steps, you may refer to the appropriate link below:
Windows: external link
Mac: external link
*Note: if it's your first time visiting our FAQ site, select a region first then try the link again.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au

Regards

Ian M
Ian M

what map do I use from the MAP SCHEME

Navman   DM

Hi Ian M. Thanks for posting your query.

Choosing the map scheme would be depend on your preference. Though, Geneve is my personal favourite!

Feel free to contact our team for any other concerns via pcnsupportaus@navman.com.au

Cheers!

Steve G
Steve G

Whilst updating maps on my 270LMT an alarm on the gps sounded and a message onthe screen stated application error.... Application Smart ST-CE exe encountered a serious error and mustshut down.
I am now unable to reset the gps and the above message appears when its turned on. I have followed the resetting directions correctly.

Navman   DM

Dear Steve G For online self-technical support, please visit our FAQ site: external link .

Alternatively, you can email our support team on PCNSupportAus@navman.com.au.

Regards

mARK
mARK

I am requesting the answer to the question

Greg W.

I can't find my model here, Navman EZY 270 LMT, but sounds like it has similar problems to the 260LMT. After 2 1/2 years, just out of warranty, it has failed. Start up screen comes up, and then a message. Have our family techno geek try and get it to boot, to no avail. Greg, New Zealand.

Navman   DM

Hi Greg, Sorry to know that you're having such troubles. It sounds like your device has a software issue. You can try the following steps to help you fix the problem:

1. Charge the unit for at least:
o 30 minutes using an AC adaptor (5V/2A).
o 1hr via USB to the computer.
o 30 minutes using the car power adaptor with the device turned off.

2. Reset the device by pressing the power button for 5 seconds.

3. Check if the unit has the latest image and software version. To check the version on the device and to update the R09 image and SmartST software, please click here: external link .

4. If the unit is still not loading the software, perform a Smart Recovery using the disc that was supplied with the device upon purchase. This process can only be done using a compatible Windows computer that has a DVD drive. You may click here: external link  for the steps on how to reinstall the software on your device.

I hope this helps. Otherwise, feel free to contact us using one of the methods from the link below, and our team would be glad to assist.

Kind regards,

Greg W.

Tried that yesterday, GPS doesn't seem to be talking with computer. Tried with a couple of different USB cables, but still isn't working. Guessing there is more than a software issue so I suppose it is just going to be best to trade in the GPS on a replacement. Hopefully the next one is going to last more than 2 1/2 years.

Navman   DM

Hi Greg, So sorry if none of the troubleshooting steps has worked. Unfortunately, we no longer offer out-of-warranty service for EZY260LMT due to lack of its spare parts.

The best option is our trade-in program. You can take a chance to purchase a brand new device at a discounted price with full warranty. These new models will have the latest software and maps. And most of the new models come with free map updates for Australia and New Zealand. You may go to our online store for more details:

Kind regards,

Ian
Ian

My navman EZY270LMT MODEL NO:N478. When I turn it on it go to language I push English then a little Wheel in the middle of the navman starts to turn then it just keeps turning &turning & nothing happens. Can you please help me . Ian from NEW ZEALAND......?????

ozcan

My 270LMT failed, Ian. Even when connected to a power unit (Walk&Talk) it failed to resuscitate.* Failed to operate in Australia, Canada and the US. I finally ditched it in Vancouver.

* IMHO, Navman batteries are the problem. Connection to another power source (that same Walk&Talk) revived my other Navman.

Navman   DM

Hi Ian, The issues you have described could be a software problem. Check if the unit has the latest image and software version. To check the version on the device and to update the R09 image and SmartST software, please refer to this link <https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=100130244>.

Hope this helps. Otherwise, may you contact us using one of the methods here: external link ? Our team would be glad to assist fixing this for you.

Thanks,

matt
matt

How do you use the navman as a speedo?

Navman   DM

Hi there Matt, Thanks for your query. The speedometer of the unit is available on the map screen. From the Map navigation screen, you'll have to tap the box located on the upper right corner, and then it'll show other information available to be displayed. Select the info that you'd like to be displayed.

For more info about our products, please visit service.navman.com or external link

davidbroughton
davidbroughton

This page: http://service.navman.com/M0100/NavMainFrame.aspx

is impossible to understand. Why are so many NAVMAN sites and pages like badly translated chinese? Do I throw my NAVMAN EZY2740LMT in the bin, or is there a solution somewhere?

Navman   DM

Hi David, Could you please advise what is hard to understand? all content has been generated by our Australian in-house knowledge specialist.

Thanks,

Senior Navman Support

Mark M
Mark M

My navman 270 LMT goes to aggreement and wont go any further just goes off and back to aggreement , whats going on?

Navman   DM

Hi Mark M, Software seems to be corrupted. Sorry to know you're having this kind of trouble with your Navman. Not to worry, I'll be glad to help.

Please do try performing a software recovery via NavDesk. This can be done using the NavDesk DVD and through a Windows computer. Please refer to link below for instructions:

external link

Note: If it's your first time to visit our FAQ site, you need to select Australia/New Zealand and then click the above link again to be directed to the correct site/page.

hope this fixes the problem.

Thank you.

Navman Support Team

Get an answer from our members and Navman representatives