Navman MiVUE780

Navman MiVUE780

MPN: 3676685

Absolutely perfect.

Easy to setup. Quality of the footage is 10/10 in my opinion. Better than I could of imagined. Always comes on with start of car and starts recording, definitely recommend.

Purchased in June 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store for $200.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelSaab
Night-Time Video Quality

Terrible, Poor quality product!

Bought this product a year ago and so far I have nothing but troubles.
Sticking this product to the dashboard has turned to be "mission impossible".
The suction cup provided with this camera would not stay on any part of my window.
I have cleaned the window with methylated spirit, as suggested in the instruction.
Tries vinegar, acetone, windex clean, the surfaces are dry and clean - but no luck.
Bought a heavy duty double sticky tape - was glued for a day and it pilled off.
Bought a special glass glue and glued the cup directly to the window risking cracking my window - was glued for 2 days and it came off from the vibration in the car (and I drive a little Mazda 2, not a 4WD :))
I have tried 5 different spots on the window and it would not stay attached.
Thought the issue is the heat on the window and I can use it in the winter months - nope, it has been raining in WA for weeks now and this thing would not stick to the window, no matter if it hot or cold.
It think this product simply has a poor design and it is not suitable for Australian conditions.
I will NOT recommend this product to any one.
Save your $250 bucks, dont purchase it.

Purchased in August 2018 at Harvey Norman Electronics Physical Store for $200.00.

Readable Number PlatesNo
Car ModelMazda 2

The Dashcam cable is Faulty

I bought a Navman MiVUE780 Dash camera a few months ago, and it was automatically switching off while recording. When I raised the question in the forum Navman responded saying it might be the car charger issue or a firmware issue. But when I checked with the cable used in the GPS it works fine. I finally found that the Navman cable was faulty at the connection point to the camera. Will I be able to get a new cable as the NAVMAN cable was faulty all along?

Purchased in May 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $199.00.

Battery Life
Hi AIR, Sorry to know that you're having such troubles with the Navman cable. not to worry, we are happy to send out a replacement cable to you. may we private message you to get some personal information to make this happen? Thank you, Navman Support TeamHi Navman team, With your reply I spoke with JB HIFI( where I bought the unit) they offered to provide me with a new cable too. I've tried the new cable twice now and it seems to be working well. Thanks a lot for looking into my issue. Cheers, AsankaHi Asanka, Great to hear that. Have a safe trip! Cheers, Navman Support Team

This camera continues to impress

I have upgraded this from my MiVue 740 for the WiFi function and safety camera alerts. I love the simplicity of these cameras, so easy to setup. The WiFi syncs seamlessly, but I have used a second party app which syncs live view to my phone which is perfect for setting up the camera in the best position on the windscreen. Video quality is brilliant as always, even at night. I was looking at getting the A20 rear camera for this unit, but disappointingly, it is as expensive as the MV780 and I really can't justify the cost. I could have bought 2 MV780's for the cost of the MV780 and A20 rear camera combined. However, I would still highly recommend this dashcam. Cheers Navman

Hi Mark, Thanks for your appreciation. We are certainly glad that you're happy with our product. About the cost of the rear camera, feel free to register your device online: AU-https://www.navman.com.au/navmancustomer/device/create/ or NZ-https://www.navman.co.nz/navmancustomer/device/create/ to redeem our coupon code "REGOFFER1" at the checkout and enjoy 15% off all accessory products. Cheers, Navman Support Team

Alright, until later

2019 update:

This dashcam was really good in the first 12 months of owning it, but after 12 months it has slowly starting to Breakdown, it now no longer records any audio, and doesn’t play back any sound.

dissapointing.

For a first dash cam, this one was so easy to set up and install in my car,
The audio and visual quality is amazing!
My only issue with the dash cam is actually the holder it comes in, the little ball socket doesn’t hold the camera properly in the cold and I end up filming half of the sky. And the suction cap comes off after a hot day.

Other than that absolutely love this dash cam, looking at purchasing one for my partner.

Purchased in December 2017 for $200.00.

Readable Number PlatesYes
Car ModelMazda 3 BL
Battery Life
Hi Monique O, Thanks for sharing your good experience with Navman dash cam. Sorry to know that you have a problem with the mount. Would you mind if we private message you to get the device's warranty details? We'd like to ask some personal information as well. Regards, Navman Support TeamNo worries, looking forward to hearing from you.Hi Monique O, Thank you. I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing back from you.

Works Intermittently

Recording quality is okay, the device turns on when the key is set to on, but then occasionally doesn't turn back on once the car has actually started. The device then needs to be manually turned back on.

I've had so many situations where I've lost valuable footage because the camera failed to turn back on once the engine was actually started.

Hi Adam, So we can better assist, could you advise if the device will turn off after 10 seconds when you have started the car? or is it almost instant? Regards, Senior Navman Support

Great little dashcam!

Excellent choice for first dash cam. Bought one each for both cars I have for quality piece of mind. Easy installation and user friendly menu options make this a very easy to use dashcam. It even warns you of cameras at intersections and changes in speed limits. WiFi to your android phone is an awesome way to get the data you need.

Hi C354R, Great choice! We are happy to know that you find our product easy to use. Appreciate your review. Have a nice day. Regards, Navman Support Team

Easy to use

Easy to install and use.
But the you need Navman software to view the video file.
Well you can view the picture but so sound if you use a standard software like MS.
Good thing though is, I live in Sydney and it seems to know where the speed camera is and gives me a warning.
But wondering how old this data is, and if I can download the later data.

Hi MasaN, Thanks for taking time in reviewing one of our products. This is much appreciated. The firmware updates for your camera includes safety camera data and are available to download from our FAQ site. Please refer to the link below where you can download latest updates: https://service.navman.com/M0100/F0110_DownLoad_Faq.aspx?bullid=AllBull&faqid=131432 Note: If the link above didn't work the first time, please select your region first and try again. Thank you, Navman Support Team

Navman MiVUE 780 & A20 Rear Camera

Purchased the Navman MiVUE 780 and have been happy with it.Decided to purchase the A20 rear camera and that is when the problems started.I drive a 2010 Toyota Corolla and the 5 metre cable is short by 2 metres.No problems I thought , there is a 7 metre cable also in the package.Problem is , the 7 metre cable for some reason does not have the same USB Micro - USB Socket on it , only USB Micro to USB Mini.Not wanting to be defeated , I had to move the camera from the top of the windscreen to the bottom on the windscreen , not ideal but it still works OK.Problem No.1 solved.

Once fully up and running,I went for a drive to test it out.I then downloaded the files from my iPhone but it only downloads the rear camera footage.Scratching my head with what hair I have left , I then noticed that the file shows "dual footage" and then allows me to download either or both.To achieve this , I have to power down the camera and power it up again with the app open.Thinking this is not quite right , I checked the firmware version on the main camera and found it was old and there was an update so I installed that.Has not solved the problem.

Navman rep if you are reading this , how can I use the seven metre cable provided in the A20 pack so I can locate the main camera up to the top of the windscreen again and is there a known issue downloading dual recordings?At the moment , it defaults to downloading the rear camera only.

Hi Andrew, Thanks for the detailed feedback. We will need to do some testing regarding downloading of the dual footage, so unfortunately i can not answer that right now. Regarding the cable, the A20 is used as a rear camera for our Drive DUO series of combination dash cam/GPS devices (which use the 7m cable) and the 7 series dash cam (which uses the 5m cable) We can however private message you to get some personal details, so that we can send out a 7m cable which will work with your MiVUE 780. this will allow you to mount the rear camera wherever you see fit. I should have an update regarding the recordings in a couple of days. Thanks, Senior Navman SupportHi Thanks for getting back to me , please PM me and I will send you my contact details , that would be greatly be appreciated.

Troubles with Mivue 780

I brought Mivue 780 product Oct 2017. All seemed well. Green amber light working. Red record flashing. Screen looked ok. Now I have checked VIDOES. Seems I have 31 blocks of 3 mins. Shows functions seem all ok. Nothing seems to tape/video. I drive long various routes. Nothing overrites these 31 blocks. Have done a small reset. Have the right sd card. Keep out of sun etc. Follwed all instructions. Can you advise please why its not working at all.

Hi Lizzi, thanks for taking the time to write a review. i do have a couple of questions to ask so that i can better help. Do you know the brand and size of your MicroSD card? and my other question, have you viewed these 31 blocks on your computer? are they located in the "Emergency" folder? Thanks, Senior Navman Support