NEC NW652

NEC NW652

See the Best Top Loading Washing Machines in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

RobbieGippsland, VIC

Great machine still going after 16 years

I only just recently sold this machine to upgrade after 16 years of great trouble free use. It has been an excellent washing machine and I overloaded it on numerous occasions with queen side bedding that it wasn't really meant to wash. I have purchased a LG 10kg direct drive washing machine and I very much doubt it will last as long.

Date PurchasedMay 2002

14 year old. Money in bank waiting, till it won't start and then some.

Been an awesome machine am crying and lost my hair over having to get a new machine. Ours has given us 14 years of reliability, while still washing even though making waring I'm getting bloody old noises, I'm still using it. We are not wanting to get a new machine. That really says something about today's market when a girl doesn't want to go spend a few hundred dollers. We wish ours could be magically new.

Date PurchasedJan 2004

Marc RadcliffeSYDNEY

Extraordinarily Reliable

Purchased new from 2nd's World in 2004. Has never failed us. Does regular family size washes without any problems. The lack of an agitator significantly adds to capacity. Nothing cracks or falls off. Robust in all respects. Would definitely buy same brand again, should this one eventually expire. Fuzzy Logic controls functional and easy to understand. Survived a house move without damage.
Never fails despite regular family size washes. No agitator.

Excellent machine

Have had it for 10 years. Very quick and clean wash. Still washing good. Pity, the front plastic controls are pealing away. Otherwise a great machine. Purchased at a time when prices were high. Same machine would not cost as much as previously. Highly dependable. Has not had one thing go wrong in the 10 years that we have had it.
Quiet, uses little water for a top loader. Reliable
Front plastic is giving way before the machine, as with all modern plastics.

Jaybelle

JaybelleTasmania, 7253

Reliable & Quiet

lwilkz

lwilkzNSW, 2147

A great washing machine!

We bought this washing machine secondhand from a friend of a friend. No manual came with it, but it's so simple to use we didn't need it! It's lasted us 4 years of constant use, as well as whatever it was put through prior to us owning it. It died today and NEC advised they don't make parts for it anymore, so we've had to replace it. I'm very disappointed as this was a great washing machine!
Clothes always came out super clean, has an excellent quick wash cycle, four different load sizes, no agitator.
Lid is made from plastic that was easily damaged in a removal truck.

smitsd

smitsd

Good

rp9164

rp9164AU

Terrible

I have had to have this machine serviced about six times since I bought it. Absolute garbage! Don't be talked into buying this machine. It doesn't even wash the clothes that well.

It leaks water all over the floor, "walks" across the floor (even though they swear in their marketing that it won't!), leaks water into the machine itself, creases up all the clothes & knots them all together....absolute crap.

Helga Thompson

Helga Thompsonasked

Where can I purchase the front panel with all the dials please, mine have deteriated...

Pip W

Pip Wasked

how to I clean the fabric dispenser please?

Robbie

You don't need to clean the fabric dispenser, once a month you need to fill the machine to high water level on blanket mode with only hot water and pour 4 liters of vinegar in and a 500g bag of bicarb soda, let it mix in the machine for 5 minutes then pause the cycle for 1 hour and resume the rest of the wash after 1 hour of hot water with vinegar and bicarb, this will melt and remove all calcium, mold, sludge and fibers from the plastic inner drum that you can not see. You will notice the water turn green and you will notice a huge amount of rubbish floating in the washer. Repeat this process until the water remains clear with vinegar and bicarb then repeat every two to three months once the initial clean is complete. The fabric dispenser will automatically be cleaned using this procedure. Your washing machine will be like new and your clothes will smell fresher.

Rob

Robasked

Water won't stop. Any help?

Get an answer from our members and NEC representatives

CategoryTop Loading Washing Machines