Nero Multi Fuel Heater

See the Best Wood Heaters in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Heating comfort

This is such a great little heater, I've only just purchased this beauty, due to the cold nights we have been having. Once the sky starts the get dark outside, on the heater goes. With in moments my home is cosy and warm, children love it and so does my wife.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

love my nero

Wood is becoming hard to get and quite expensive so we started looking at alternatives. We heard about a grain heater so i started to research them about 2 year ago. this year the powers that be have made it near impossible to go to river to collect fire wood, with next year the river being closed completely, so we took the plunge.. we havnt looked back.. we also have now installed one in my mums house. we manage to find wheat at $200 a tonne, i have been told we should go through about a tonne and a half. even collection of wood our selves we can't heat out house on $300 a year.. it takes a bit to learn how to use it.. the instruction book isn't very helpful that comes with it, but i have found quite a few tube videos that explain all i need to know. Also Darron from Cheapheat is very approachable and helpful on the phone. We had my mums shipped to us at last minitue before he went on holidays, Darron was great!!!.. We bought our first one from Dalesens in Kerang VIC, they to were very helpful, as we were traveling from NSW they made themselves available for us to pick up..
We have burnt wheat and corn since buying our heater, we find corn does give off more heat but is more expensive to buy, we also burnt popcorn as well with no problem, (we did have a few pop).. We find ours works great setting it on 22c, it keeps our house at a comfie temp.. cleaning and maintaining is simple and only takes minutes.. no dusty ash all over the room like the fire, no bring white ants home form river, takes less space to store wheat than wood, only takes minutes to light…

Over all i think we have made a good investment… I'm impressed!!!!!

Cheap home Heating

Decided to try a multi fuel heater instead of a wood heater.

The fuel you can burn in this heater are:
wheat
corn
triticale
sorghum
lentils
crushed olive pits
fruit stones
and wood pellets

The grains have to be stock feed quality, I just brought 1 ton of stock feed wheat for $242.00. Wheat prices do change allot so it is good that other types of grains can be used, whatever is cheapest at the time. I have burnt wood chips, barley and oats in my heater as well.

We use about 1 to 1 1/2 ton of grains per year to heat 120 square meters and high ceilings of living and bedrooms. This heater does this well, if we open our double doors and include the rest of the house, 260 square meters, well it takes the chill of the air. About 150 ~ 180 square meters it seems to heat extremely well. Our 260 is just bit to much, but for standard size houses or large living areas this heater is great. We will be installing a 2nd one soon for our 2nd living area to heat all our 260 square meter home.

Running costs is only about $300 to $400 a year, installation is too easy, best see this on YouTube, it took me 30 minutes to install, this included cutting hole in wall and doing all the flu.

People think we have a wood fire when they see it, flames and heat just like a wood fire. It looks and feels just like a wood fire.

Maintaining is easy, we only run it for 10 to 12 hours a day during the week and 24 hours on Saturday and Sunday. The clinker box has to be emptied every about 12 hours, takes less than a minute to do and hopper filled about every 12 hours as well. Compared to a wood fire its nearly zero effort keeping this heater maintained.

Bottom line if you want a wood fire but don't want the mess and hassle of getting wood this heater is what you would get, easy maintenance, no hassles,and very cheap to run.

Advantage of this heater over pellet heaters is we not tied to one type of fuel, we have choice of fuels, we get whatever cheapest and we can mix the different fuels together to use. We found grains give of most heat but wood pellets and wood chips are nearly as good.

It has a control panel so can set auto switch on and set timer for auto switch off, handy for cold mornings we have it switch on an hour before we get up so we have warm rooms.

This is a very cheap, efficient form of heating and I love the flicker of flames and don't have the hassle and mess of wood.