Nescafé Espresso

Nescafé Espresso

1.7

JohnSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Dreadful

Bought the 500 grm tin 2 days ago and as just about every review I read stated, it's horrid. Next to no taste [but still horrid] and really doesn't taste like coffee at all. For some time now, [like years] I've thought the regular Blend 43 has also gone down hill badly. I NEVER drink a cup of instant coffee now and say to myself, 'That's a nice cup of coffee' !!! No aroma or taste of coffee at all. Sad but the way of the World now.
Cheers. John

Purchased in December 2020 at Woolworths for $14.00.

The Nescafé TeamNescafé

Hi John, we're sorry to hear this. Could you possibly give us a call on 1800 025 361 so we can capture your feedback officially and insure you have a much better experience?

KatSydney, NSW

Espress to the garbage bin.

Have the people at Nescafe bothered to put their nose into a jar of Nescafe Espresso recently? The stench is equivalent to smouldering tar on a new road surface. There is no coffee bean to smell in this stuff. What have they done to it? Very disappointed.

Purchased in September 2020 at Coles for $9.00.

Kat

I appreciate that and I will be in contact. Thank you

A little more expensive but worth it. It now tastes like a cheap generic disappointed with Nestle .

Tasteless without any aroma of coffee. Tested two completely separate outlets. Same outcome.Will not buy again.

Purchased in September 2020.

DebGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Time to change brand

Nescafe Espresso has been the only instant coffee l've bought for many years. I have looked forward to opening each new jar, pulling back the foil paper & taking in the wonderful coffee aroma. Well, not so with my latest jar! I couldn't believe the smell; it smelt like diesel fuel. I really do wonder if the coffee has been tainted during processing. It is foul.

Purchased in June 2020.

Deb

Thank you for responding and I will call with the details.

Karen

KarenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Insulting to Consumers

Like others my newly purchased jar is in the bin; can't finish it. Have drunk Nescafe Espresso for years (it was the best instant coffee) and find it insulting that Nescafe thought they could change this for an inferior product and their regular consumers would just accept it. Nestle, you have lost me as I will always try and find an alternative to your brand.

Purchased in June 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Sonia

SoniaSydney, NSW

Time for a Different Brand

We bought this new jar of Espresso coffee. This tastes nothing like the one we normally used. Bland no flavour. Even my son realised it was weak flavoured. As soon as this jar is finished I will definitely change brands.

Purchased in June 2020.

The Nescafé TeamNescafé

Hi Sonia, we're concerned to hear this and would like to chat with you further regarding your experience. Could you kindly reach out to our friendly team on 1800 025 361? Thank you.

Yvonne

Yvonne

So disappointed

I too just purchased a tin of Nescafe 43 but now has “express” splashed across the label. It was horrible. I asked my husband had he put two teaspoons of coffee instead of one as it was so dark and bitter. Unfortunately, the next cup was just as bad and it leaves a terrible after taste. Impossible to drink so will have to try another brand (after 30 years of drinking Nescafe).

The Nescafé TeamNescafé

Hi Yvonne, we're sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your latest jar of Nescafe.
We'd very much like to speak with you more if you could you kindly call us on 1800 025 361 quoting case #28110895?
We look forward to speaking with you soon.

Nescafe espresso coffee

Can’t believe I can’t buy this anymore - is the best of all Nescafe instant coffees

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $13.00.

Ann

AnnVictoria

Bring Back Nescafe espresso

I want Nescafe Espresso and NOT Blend 43. Why has it been taken off the market . I object to being forced to buy Blend 43 in any form. It tastes terrible. Please bring back Espresso as it used to be. Ann

Terrible change

What has been done to Nescafe Espresso? It smells and tastes vile. A large jar has just gone in the bin, to replace it I bought Nescafe Black which also went in the bin. No more Nescafe for me they are NOT LISTENING

Purchased in March 2020.

What have you done to the coffee we loved?

We have noticed the coffee flavour has changed for Nescafe Espresso to something we cannot drink. Even a $12packet is headed for the bin! What have you done to the coffee we have enjoyed for many years. We are now searching for another brand that works for us. If anyone here has any recommendations for a coffee that tastes how the Espresso used to taste before someone made the really dumb decision to change it, then please let me know. We are in NZ and it looks like the Australian backlog of coffee has finally caught up with us. Nescafe you have lost customers over this change.

Purchased in September 2019 for $12.00.

Ruthie

RuthieMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I hate the change - it is no longer Espresso

I have always drunk Nescafé coffee - first of all, it was Blend 43, as that was the only product. As soon as Nescafé Espresso became available, I changed to that and have been drinking it ever since. Now, it has changed to "the taste Australians love". Well, this Australian hates it.
I was drinking about 10 mugs of coffee per day but have now cut right down as it's no longer enjoyable. It is bland, just like Blend 43. I have to use 2 teaspoons of this new blend to make the taste strong enough. However, that doesn't make it right, as it just tastes like too much coffee has been added.
Please will you bring back the original Nescafé Espresso and consign this latest product to the mistakes bin. Thank you.

Purchased in September 2019.

Robert

RobertSydney, NSW

Changed flavour

I opened a jar of Nescafe blend 43 espresso and the flavour is disgusting with a foul burnt after taste. Lucky I had another jar of the coffee before the change and that convinced me I wasn't imagining the new bad flavour. Why change something that everyone liked? It tastes like the bad coffee you get in the USA, makes you wonder if it was some new yank manager who instigated the change.

Purchased in August 2019.

Katrina

KatrinaHunter Region, NSW

Why change it? Not a fan of the new cheap and nasty taste

Like nearly all reviewers here, I am so disappointed with this change of recipe. We have been very happy consumers of nescafe espresso instant coffee for around 20 years - since around when international dust and moccona did the same thing. We usually buy a few jars when on special, so have only just noticed the change in smell and taste, and the really foul aftertaste. I am hoping there was just a bad batch sold in our region in June/July...

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths Swansea for $13.00.

Awful......my mornings are not the same

Was looking forward to my new bag of coffee....only to be totally disappointed. Tastes like horrible Gregg's powdered coffee......I'm now in search of a alternative.........Bad move guys....sack the new cook...bring back the old one...please.

Purchased in August 2019 at Pak n save for $8.99.

Not the same

We have enjoyed drinking your espresso coffee for years. However, I opened a jar this week and it was disgusting so I opened a second. It was terrible too. Has your company changed the beans or roasting process? The coffee tastes like something a quarter of the price for. It's very disappointing that Nestle is putting it's name on this product.

Purchased in July 2019 for $13.00.

Megsy

Megsy

what are Nestle/Nescafe thinking? This new taste is foul!!

We have been drinking this coffee for years but our new jars of coffee, purchased recently taste FOUL. We thought the beans might be off, or they perhaps were burned in the processing but it seems, reading these reviews, that we are not the only people complaining about the taste. It is frankly undrinkable.

Need a new coffee brand. Suggestions welcomed, as long as its not Moccona - another foul tasting coffee.

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $13.00.

What have you done to Nescafé expresso ?

Nescafé espresso is the only instant coffee I drink but not anymore. I have thrown away 3 bags of coffee . Initially thought coffee was “ off” but I was wrong... Yuk.

Purchased in August 2019.

Julie T.

Julie T.Murrumbidgee Region, NSW

Something very wrong!

The latest jar of Blend 43 Expresso purchased from Coles tastes awful. If the change is permanent (I see I’m not the only critic of the change) I will not buy again.

Purchased in July 2019 at Big W.

Dale-Lyn S.

Dale-Lyn S.Sydney, NSW

change in taste

Have now wasted almost $30 on jars of coffee thinking it was just a bad batch (bought July 2019) Iplease bring back the old flavour this new flavour is awful,

Purchased in July 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $15.00.