Nescafé Gold

Nescafé Gold

Original, Smooth, Decaf, etc...

Bring back the old Nescafe Gold!!!!!

I have use this product NESCAFÉ gold for years, what's happened to it the taste it's completely different , I used to drink nescafe original but it was a little bit harsh , so nescafe gold was a very good alternative and been drinking it for years without any problems... but what the hell have you done to it. So so disappointed

Purchased in December 2020 at UK Asda for $9.00.

Susan

SusanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Tastes different

We have been drinking Nescafe gold for yrs, but this last bag is just not the same.. Its bitter and we arent sure if the recipe has changed or there is something wrong with it... anyway for $20 we arent impressed and disappointed we have to buy something different now..... we just cant drink it....

Purchased in January 2021 at Coles for $20.00.

Nescafe taste like soap water bad

I recently bought Nescafe it tastes like soap water I even doubled up the quantities so bad I cant finish my cup. I moving to a new product guys your sales are going to drop or perhaps you are positioning yourselves to create a bridge between ricofee product anyway I vote with my monies to buy what I like this brand I'm done with thanks

Purchased in December 2020.

Aroma Starved

Aroma StarvedSouth East Queensland, QLD

Its turned to crap now

My early morning gold USED to fill the crisp air with that wonderful aroma to the point my neighbours knew I was up and about.
My latest jar says the same but the aroma is now gone.
Its just caffeine now.

Why did they take the aroma away?
Because we were happy.

What can I replace it with?

Purchased in August 2020 for $15.00.

Gastric issues

Nescafe Gold has given me gastric issues. I have been drinking this brand of coffee since I was young, but since it’s changed it’s production location, I’ve been hounded with gastric issues. I need a good hot cuppa twice a day. But now...what should warm me up inside is making me sick. That’s very sad cause I know I need to replace this coffee but I’m unsure yet what to replace it with.

Purchased in June 2020 for $12.00.

The Nescafé TeamNescafé

We're sorry to hear this. Please give our friendly team a call on 1800 025 361 quoting case #29039244 as we'd like to speak with you further and take a closer look at this for you.

Gastric
Gastric

No such number exists

Bitter and soapy.

I loved the Nescafe Gold jars. I could even drink it without milk, something I usually only do with granulated coffee. I could even have two teaspoons of that stuff and it would only give it a stronger kick! This coffee NEEDS milk and too much of it doesn't taste good. That soapy taste must have something to do why coriander tastes soapy to some people.
So please stop buying this, even if its out of habit, even if its not the cheapest. Apparently the old stuff was from Australia but now its from Korea. Nestle's saving money where they can. Don't settle for less. Get your value for money.

Purchased in January 2020.

ssvge

ssvgeAU

What happened to it??

I have been buying this coffee for years, & for the last 12 months or more it has been terrible!! The taste isnt the same & I hate the residue that is left in the bottom of my cup. I keep buying it hoping it'll change back to how it once was. I will no longer buy this product & have no idea what I'll replace it with. Why was it changed in the first place?!

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles.

What have they done to this product?

Purchased in May 2020 at Woolworths for $18.00.

James D.

James D.Sydney, NSW

Terrible bitter sludge

Talk about unfair trade look at the way this company treats us as customers changing there recipe to a foul bitter taste putting profits first. I bet the CEO is rolling in it

Purchased in April 2020 at Coles for $9.50.

Absolutely terrible- after 30 years of enjoyment- never again

After 30 years of gold blend- always paying that bit extra but so worth it- I’ve now had to swop to kenco blue top for a similar taste. Even during the pandemic- poor gold blend is still sat on the fence- if anyone has the original I would be the first in line. What a catastrophe for Nescaf. Please sack the person with these awful changes- they must have cos you a fortune. In these challenging times, missing our daily brew from the coffee chains, you could have made a fortune

Purchased at Morrisons.

Thank the maker its not just me!

Purchased in January 2020 for $10.00.

Nescafe Gold Coffee changed

I have noticed with the last few jars of Nescafe Gold Coffee that the taste has changed, there seems to be a lot of floating bit on top of the coffee, and after drinking there seems to be a lot of dusty sludge at the bottom of the cup. What has changed?
UK

Purchased in January 2020.

Bob

BobGreat Southern, WA

Can I trust Nestles?

During the past 2 years Nescafe has produced this excellent coffee described 'Made with Green and Roasted Coffee Beans'. I've just bought what appears, repeat, what appears to be the same coffee but with a re-designed greenish label - the coffee now being described as 'Crafted with Roasted & Green Coffee Beans'. I am deeply suspicious of this subtle change and suspect that this coffee will be inferior to the original product. Nestles - you must think we're stupid!

Purchased in January 2020 at Coles for $8.00.

Absolutely Awful

What on earth have they done, this is bitter and bland with an awful sludge at the bottom of the cup, used to love the original but won't buy now anymore, tastes just like cheap coffee now.

Purchased in December 2019.

WIneloverMKSydney, NSW

Noticed the difference immediately

This morning I opened a new 100g jar of Nescafe Decaf and noticed the disagreeable flavour change straight away, which prompted me to investigate and thereby discover I am not the only one. I detect vanilla overtones which I detest. I have been drinking and enjoying the original Decaf for over18 months but will not be purchasing it again unless I hear the flavour has improved. Batch use by Sep 2021 92623657 10:56. My opinion changed after the jar had been opened for a couple of days and the flavour improved.

Purchased in December 2019 at Woolworths for $11.00.

Find out how Nescafé Gold compares to other Instant Coffees

Bring back the old Nescafe Gold!!!

The previous Nescafe Gold was way better and was more well-bodied. This new recipe is bitter and acrid after taste. Also, there is sedimentation of coffee at the bottom of the mug which was not in the old Nescafe Gold. Nescafe!! please read the reviews on the new Nescafe Gold! If there's an option of offering both types to cater to 2 different groups, please do. But don't take away the old Nescafe Gold!! Have been using it for years and am now feeling lost on which other coffee brand to use.

Peter

Peter

Gross. Unpalatable taste, foul smelling

I bought this expecting this to be their premium, finest coffee. What I have is something so gross, that a cheap no name brand is delicious by comparison. I bought a big jar but I wont be finishing it. Looking at the overwhelming stack of negative reviews and Nescafe's failure to listen, I will be changing brands entirely. Nescafe is a perfect example of how NOT to run a business.

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Boris YasminskyNear You

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST COFFEE NESCAFE NEVER MADE

This Nescafé Colombian coffee is 100% Arabica coffee from Colombia.
Having delved in to the actual Colombian manufacturers website that claims to manufacture this coffee for Nescafe, its obvious Nescafé has no participation in the manufacture. Hence, why its such a great cup of coffee. Its unfortunate that Nescafé cant pass on the correct price, considering Nescafe pays $1.47 per 100g jar landed on Australian docks. Aldi sells the same 100g jar with their own label for $3.50. Ummm, Nescafe greed..

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $11.90.

Suzanne Hundric

Suzanne HundricHobart, TAS

If only there was a campaign vote

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $10.00.

Saddened Bypassing

Saddened BypassingSouth East Queensland, QLD

So bad...bring back the original original

The new Barista Style consists of some extra ground up beans added to instant coffee. This turns into an ugly sludge at the bottom of the cup and a gritty texture throughout. They must be cheap beans because they make this coffee unpleasant. The original instant was aromatic and smooth....this stuff has no aroma and is anything but smooth.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.

Meiko S.

Meiko S.asked

Gold

I always had this brand of coffee and I was fine. Now I feel my stomach is turning and gets head ache. What has changed?

Jazzyasked

Why did they change the
Original Gold Blend? I am guessing it was cheaper to produce the new version.
I am now using Dou Egbert. It is. Much better than any of the Nescafe coffees and we have tried most of them!

Boris Yasminsky

Nestle closed down the Australian manufacturing and packing division because the government closed the tax loophole in the form of "large international companies not paying taxes in Australia", hence why all but one of Nescafe's coffee's are cheap Robusta beans grown in Vietnam and packed in the Netherlands, China and Korea..
In the end, its great news for Australia because Billions of tax dollars are essential to the nation however, employment and product manufacture suffer. In the end, we'll all be eating and drinking Chinese/Asian crap.

Jazzy

That does not apply to UK but I do realise it is to use cheaper beans but why not give us the option to pay more and see how that goes before depriving us of a decent cup of coffee? I am sick and tired of companies making OUR MINDS UP, we are the consumer respect us?

Boris Yasminsky

I agree with you and in fact it doesn't apply to NZ either. For some unexplainable reason, product managers/buyers in Australia - no matter what company they are employed by, believe Australian's want the cheapest product we can get our hands on. I'm the first to admit I'll have a go at a company charging prices I consider too high for the quality, however consumers must have a choice in the end.

Diana B.

Diana B.asked

Gold

For the third time - why are you not paying heed to the multitude of customer complaints? I just posted two questions/comments (two because I thought the first one had gone off into the ether). Following this I found Nescafe's reply to one customer who - like most people - had assumed he was buying the original Nescafe Gold. It stated that "Nescafé Original is the brand name, rather than it being Original Nescafé". Good grief - how utterly devious and unscrupulous is this. Please clean up your act Nescafe - for your own sake as much as for your customers.

Get an answer from our members and Nescafé representatives

Compare all 6 Nescafé Gold