Nescafé Gold

Nescafé Gold

Dark, Decaf, Intense, Original, Rich and Smooth

new blend disgusting

nuff said. it's garbage ground and painted brown. at least leave the original gold on the shelves. i'm surprised there isn't a petition to bring back the original gold. guess it's time for moccona.

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Gold turned Garbage.

Did Nescafe make a deal with International Roast to add it's floor sweepings to Gold Original. I have abandoned this product for a more reliable brand. Gold turned garbage... bring back the Original, the coffee that is on offer now is disgusting, to do yourself a favour- avoid what is on the shelf marked as Nescafe Gold Original, no matter what the price. Thankyou.

Purchased in November 2016.

Change in taste and sediment

We have been disappointed over the last couple of months
We are left with a sediment in the cup which has also affected the flavour
What has changed?

Awful

My wife has been drinking Nescafe gold for years and loving it,but the new product tastes awful,upsets her stomach,and leaves a horrible residue in the cup.She definitely will not be buying it again.

Purchased in October 2018 at 10 Dollars for $10.00.

made me sick

long time nescafe user but there is something really wrong with the nescafe gold, always keep spares in cupboard opened new jar and have been seriously nausea's for 4days after first day cut back to one cup, this morning after eliminating all the usual suspects changed coffee and surprise nausea problem solved oh well back to moccona it is.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $18.00.

200gms for $18 we take our coffee seriously

Where is the old Barista style smooth

I have been disgusted that you took away the barista style smooth coffee in the can. The new Nescafe gold is dish water. You have a great coffee and you discontinue. We will now change brands. thanks for nothing.

Purchased in January 2019.

This used to be my coffee of choice for 30 odd years!

The new recipe has taken me by unpleasant surprise. Where I took the old recipe with me on all my travels to avoid having to drink other coffees in hotel rooms, the new recipe is actually undrinkable.

The fantastic smell of the old recipe has all but disappeared and the bitter after taste is just YUK.

I made my wife a coffee this morning and she even refused to finish the cup.

I have complained with Nestle and gotten my money back for the 7 jars I had in my pantry. Good customer service but no indication they will actually change back to the old recipe. I will now need to try a few of the other products around to see what resembles the old recipe the closest.

Purchased in January 2019.

Back to square one!

The Nescafe gold coffee, apart from the Short Black line, is a spectacular failure. From opening the jar, which has no tab to lift it (whose genius idea was that?) leaving the gold seal sitting on the lip and needing a sharp implement to open it. To my taste buds, the coffee is near undrinkable and the residue left in the bottom of the mug leaves an acrid taste in the mouth. I am not used to being in agreement with the majority opinion in anything, except in regards to the poor quality of your product. Fortunately my plunger and coffee machine allows me to drink quality coffee at home! As a 5+ cup a day drinker, my salvation is complete. Time to send your boffins back to the drawing board and input from external coffee aficionados couldn't hurt. Paul.

Purchased in February 2019 for $9.00.

Dreadfull

I have been drinking this coffee for years but find the new version almost impossible to drink and I have 4 jars to go.
Go back to the original(original).

NEW TASTE

What has Nescafe done to their Gold Blend coffee. I have been drinking this for many years and the new taste is terrible!

...and I've got four more jars to suffer before I can change to a new brand!

Terrible new taste

Bitter and bad. Hate it. And I happened to buy four jars.

Nescafé, what have you done

The new formula for Nescafé Gold original is bad, and I mean really bad. Have stayed with Nescafe Gold for many years now, but cannot drink new blend. It is bitter and leaves a horrible aftertaste. For those interested there are still some Big W stores that have the old one in stock

A loss for coffee drinkers and for Nestle

The new Nescafe Gold Original is not literally undrinkable (I got through a 200g jar) but it is poor compared to the previous formula. The previous recipe smelt great when opened and the taste was rich and smooth. The new coffee has a quite strange smell when opened and a harsh after taste. Since Nescafe Gold Original changed I have tried a few instant coffees looking for a replacement and I think the best so far is Moccona #5 with Coles Fairtrade Organic and others including Nescafe Gold Original well back. I always thought Moccona was dreaming when they claimed to be a premium instant coffee and for years I have avoided it but it was better than I expected and most like the old Nescafe Gold Original.

I am guessing two things went through the minds of the bosses at Nestle. First was that since worldwide sales of instant coffee have been dropping with people moving to pods etc, they tried to straddle the instant and ground coffee markets. And second the Swiss boffins thought they could mask the use of more of the cheaper Robusta beans with lab flavour magic. I think the result is just a less pleasant instant coffee.

I think Nestle will need to drop the price to maintain sales since the coffee is now no better than say Coles Fairtrade Organic which is half its price. I have noticed that Nescafe Gold Original has been on special a lot and was $9 for 200g at Woolworths today. I find these misteps by market leaders interesting and I am keen to see what happens. I just wish they would relent and bring back the original Nescafe Gold Original.

Crap

The new original gold is absolute crap. I will definitely be changing to Moccona which was always my second choice. The new Nescafé does not even make my list of choices. Will never buy again.

Terrible

The new Nescafé gold blend coffee tastes disgusting, nothing like the delicious original old gold blend. Will not buy it again ever.

Value

So many complaints but honestly i absolutely love it. Coffee snobs look away now but i enjoy this as much as anything i get from a cafe and i get hundreds of coffees for the price of just a few cafe coffees. Bargain.

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My family and I have been drinking Nescafe Gold Original Coffee for years, but not anymore. As soon as I saw the new label I knew the coffee would be changed, big companies do this all the time, as soon as there is a packaging change you know that either the weight of the product has been made LESS, (for the same price or more) or they have cheapened the ingredients (to make more profits), which is what I think Nescafe have done here, as the coffee is nothing like it was. Now it tastes bitter, burnt and disgusting, like it's dirt that's been swept up off the floor, it's not drinkable, that's beside the filthy sludge that's left in the bottom of the cup. I'M SICK AND TIRED OF COMPANIES WHO I HAVE SUPPORTED FOR YEARS WITH MY BUISNESS CHEAPENING AND RUINING THE PRODUCTS THAT WE BUY, JUST TO MAKE MORE MONEY. The GREED of big buisness is way way out of control. I WILL NEVER BUY NESCAFE AGAIN, Moccona you have a new customer, as I have binned all the Nescafe that I had in the cupboard!

New recipe for Nescafe Gold

I didn't realise that Nescafe had changed their recipe, I only know that after 35 years of only drinking Nescafe my husband and I have had to change our instant coffee brand as the new formula is disgusting. It leaves a thick bitter residue at the bottom of the cup and unless you are careful you might drink it by mistake and it's like drinking ash. Shame on you Nescafe for ruining a perfect blend of coffee!

Nescafe Gold (may aswell be coal)

Not happy with the new "grind". Why the F did you change it???? Too many big companies change our products for bo good reason.. worse still, don't even advise customers of the change!!

Nescafe Gold Original

Since Barista grounds have been added I have not enjoyed 1 cup of coffee. I have been drinking Nescafe Gold original for years but not anymore, emptied last half of big jar into the rubbish bin.

Unfortunately and unusually, I find myself in the majority in finding the Nescafe gold coffee products as near undrinkable. I can't stand granular coffee and the Smooth leaves an acrid aftertaste. I have given away the jar I had left in the pantry. The only saving grace is your Short Black line. Fortunately I have a coffee machine and a plunger to satisfy my need for quality coffee. Which for a 5 cup a day drinker is essential! Time for your product developers to go back to the drawing board. And while you're at it, could you please add a pull tab on the seal. It's ridiculous having to pierce it with a sharp implement to open, leaving most of the seal on the lip of the jar. Paul. Brisbane.

Why do granules leave an unpleasant sediment In cup after drinking?
Nescafe uses cheap Robusta coffee beans that are grown in Vietnam, not 100% Arabica beans from South America like many other coffee manufacturers. Add to this the beans are now roasted and packed in Korea with a sprinkle of unfiltered coffee grinds and there's your answer. Cheers

Where is my original coffee gold granules 350g been buying this for a long time?
In a museum.