Nescafé Gold

Nescafé Gold

Original, Smooth, Intense, etc...

See the Best Instant Coffees in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bring back the old Nescafe Gold!!!

The previous Nescafe Gold was way better and was more well-bodied. This new recipe is bitter and acrid after taste. Also, there is sedimentation of coffee at the bottom of the mug which was not in the old Nescafe Gold. Nescafe!! please read the reviews on the new Nescafe Gold! If there's an option of offering both types to cater to 2 different groups, please do. But don't take away the old Nescafe Gold!! Have been using it for years and am now feeling lost on which other coffee brand to use.

Peter

Peter

Gross. Unpalatable taste, foul smelling

I bought this expecting this to be their premium, finest coffee. What I have is something so gross, that a cheap no name brand is delicious by comparison. I bought a big jar but I wont be finishing it. Looking at the overwhelming stack of negative reviews and Nescafe's failure to listen, I will be changing brands entirely. Nescafe is a perfect example of how NOT to run a business.

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets.

Boris YasminskyNear You

ABSOLUTELY THE BEST COFFEE NESCAFE NEVER MADE

This Nescafé Colombian coffee is 100% Arabica coffee from Colombia.
Having delved in to the actual Colombian manufacturers website that claims to manufacture this coffee for Nescafe, its obvious Nescafé has no participation in the manufacture. Hence, why its such a great cup of coffee. Its unfortunate that Nescafé cant pass on the correct price, considering Nescafe pays $1.47 per 100g jar landed on Australian docks. Aldi sells the same 100g jar with their own label for $3.50. Ummm, Nescafe greed..

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $11.90.

Suzanne Hundric

Suzanne HundricHobart, TAS

If only there was a campaign vote

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $10.00.

Saddened Bypassing

Saddened BypassingSouth East Queensland, QLD

So bad...bring back the original original

The new Barista Style consists of some extra ground up beans added to instant coffee. This turns into an ugly sludge at the bottom of the cup and a gritty texture throughout. They must be cheap beans because they make this coffee unpleasant. The original instant was aromatic and smooth....this stuff has no aroma and is anything but smooth.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.

this is nothing like the original gold.. I'm very dissapointed

the original gold was so delicious.. This is just a big disappointment. I used to drink the original gold and absolutely loved it.. I was so sorry when it dissapeared off the shelves and when this came out I was thrilled till I tried it...

Purchased in June 2019.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

If it's not BROKE don't FIX it

Have been drinking Nescafe Gold Original for many years then the new packaging arrived on the shopping shelves. Had no option but to buy this new product and it is disgusting to say the least. Complained to Nestle and they informed me that they have revamped their entire Nescafé Gold range, adding finely ground roast coffee to deliver a richer flavour. Well I'm sorry but they have failed miserably. Fortunately I've found a store that has about 10 jars of the Original Gold Coffee on their shelves so I have stock piled those. Once they run out I don't know what I'll do for my morning coffee.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $9.00.

Disappointed

DisappointedSydney, NSW

will not buy it again

This used to be the best coffee by far. I would not buy any other brand I would purchase multiple jars at a time.
Since the change I am disappointed, this added barista powder makes the taste disgusting. I have tried all of the Nescafe brands and I cannot find one I like. I will not be purchasing Nescafe anymore after years of being a loyal customer until I hear they have gone back to the original Gold recipe.
Not happy as I can't enjoy my coffee anymore.

Purchased in June 2019 at IGA for $18.00.

Angus D.

Angus D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Without Doubt The Best Instant Coffee Available

Can't say that I can empathise with the one-star reviews. This is the closest I've come to long black coffee without the benefit of an espresso machine. Full, rich, robust.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles for $8.99.

Disgusting. Bitter residue. I used to love gold blend. Note any more

Disgusting. Bitter residue. I used to love gold blend and would never change brands. Now I'm looking for an alternative without the bitter disgusting rate of the new recipe. Nestle informed me they changed the recipe to increase the flavour and aroma. I think it's much worse. They are probably saving money by adding 3% of waste residue to what used to be an excellent product. Shame on you nestle

Purchased in May 2019.

Why (try to) fix what's not broken?!

I literally used to say to people that, if I were stranded on a desert island, the one thing I would want to have with me was my Gold Blend! Not anymore, it's just God-awful now! There is little I can add to what others have said. The full aroma has gone, along with the taste and even the look i.e there is now filthy sediment floating in the bottom of my mug. Nestles tried to change the formula previously but ended up switching back. Hopefully, this will happen again. They could even base a marketing campaign on the back of it, along the lines of Classic-Coke, if they had any sense. Though, going by their decision to change in the first place, sense is in very short supply at that company.

Purchased in June 2019.

Why oh why did you change it

The coffee is nowhere near as good and leaves a sludgy residue in your cup . Plus why change the distinctive jar which was far easier to pick up .
Mainly it’s the coffee taste it’s awful and I have drunk gold blend for years but now looking for alternative .

Purchased in March 2019 at Morrison for $4.99.

Geoff Harrisson

Geoff HarrissonHobart, TAS

Tasteless coffee

A VERY tasteless coffee, needs an extra measure and some sugar to give it some flavour. Also it leaves a residue in the cup. There are many better products than this available fortunately.
Will avoid buying this again.

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $8.99.

Not what it used to be

I love strong ground coffee on occasions. On others, I like smooth easy drinking coffee and Gold Blend was always my go to choice. Sadly the new formula is a half way house, not full enough in flavour to compete with real ground coffee and not the easy drinking but lovely flavoured coffee it used to be. I will stop buying until I hear that Nescafe have reverted to the 'original' blend!

Purchased in May 2019.

Bob

BobGreat Southern, WA

A passable substitute

I lodged my view of the current Nescafe Gold under the heading World War ll. It doesn't deserve one star.
However, I drink my coffee white ie boiling water with full cream milk added. For those who do likewise might I suggest you try Nescafe Gold SMOOTH 3 (mild) and in addition to full cream milk, add a slash of whipping cream. It's not perfect and doesn't do away with the grounds rubbish at the bottom, but I find it passable.

Purchased in March 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $12.00.

They killed the coffee flavour

Me and my wife were avoid coffee drinkers.. Be it got or cold, but since these people from Nestle just ruined the taste after their recipe change.
I'm still confused that why people take a perfectly fine thing and ruin it, assuming that it'll be appreciated

Purchased in February 2019.

Liva

LivaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Who wants to drink coffee grounds??! Not me

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths Physical store for $14.00.

Margo

MargoSydney, NSW

Why did you change a good coffee.

The taste is terrible this Nescafe Original Gold Barista coffee now in the shops. I would drink no other coffee for 30 years but Nescafé Original Gold. You brought in the Barista Mild and Dark, the worst coffee I have ever tasted. I was still able to get the old Version of Nescafé Original Gold from Woolworths, then you decided to change it to a Barista coffee WHY!! I will have to find another coffee to enjoy and will never purchase your coffee again. You had an excellent Coffee. I loved the taste of the Nescafé Original Gold.

Purchased in January 2019 at Coles Online for $18.00.

nescafeGoldRuined

nescafeGoldRuinedSouth East Queensland, QLD

new blend disgusting

nuff said. it's garbage ground and painted brown. at least leave the original gold on the shelves. i'm surprised there isn't a petition to bring back the original gold. guess it's time for moccona.

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Guttered

Guttered

Gold turned Garbage.

Did Nescafe make a deal with International Roast to add it's floor sweepings to Gold Original. I have abandoned this product for a more reliable brand. Gold turned garbage... bring back the Original, the coffee that is on offer now is disgusting, to do yourself a favour- avoid what is on the shelf marked as Nescafe Gold Original, no matter what the price. Thankyou.

Purchased in November 2016.

Jazzyasked

Why did they change the
Original Gold Blend? I am guessing it was cheaper to produce the new version.
I am now using Dou Egbert. It is. Much better than any of the Nescafe coffees and we have tried most of them!

Boris Yasminsky

Nestle closed down the Australian manufacturing and packing division because the government closed the tax loophole in the form of "large international companies not paying taxes in Australia", hence why all but one of Nescafe's coffee's are cheap Robusta beans grown in Vietnam and packed in the Netherlands, China and Korea..
In the end, its great news for Australia because Billions of tax dollars are essential to the nation however, employment and product manufacture suffer. In the end, we'll all be eating and drinking Chinese/Asian crap.

Jazzy

That does not apply to UK but I do realise it is to use cheaper beans but why not give us the option to pay more and see how that goes before depriving us of a decent cup of coffee? I am sick and tired of companies making OUR MINDS UP, we are the consumer respect us?

Boris Yasminsky

I agree with you and in fact it doesn't apply to NZ either. For some unexplainable reason, product managers/buyers in Australia - no matter what company they are employed by, believe Australian's want the cheapest product we can get our hands on. I'm the first to admit I'll have a go at a company charging prices I consider too high for the quality, however consumers must have a choice in the end.

Diana B.

Diana B.asked

For the third time - why are you not paying heed to the multitude of customer complaints? I just posted two questions/comments (two because I thought the first one had gone off into the ether). Following this I found Nescafe's reply to one customer who - like most people - had assumed he was buying the original Nescafe Gold. It stated that "Nescafé Original is the brand name, rather than it being Original Nescafé". Good grief - how utterly devious and unscrupulous is this. Please clean up your act Nescafe - for your own sake as much as for your customers.

Diana B.

Diana B.asked

Why isn't Nescafe heeding the complaints of its customers about the new bend of Nescafe Gold? The old brand was a saving grace in my life but of late I've found it verging on foul. I just assumed the problem was with me, that perhaps I was going off coffee. So it came as a surprise to just discover that along with the smart new jar was a new recipe and, that there are many others who share my experience. The blind study on the new and old brand is questionable because aside from the fact that opinions were virtually 50:50 it didn't reveal if the participants were long time drinkers of the old recipe. So to reiterate, why isn't the company heeding the complaints of it's faithful customers?

Boris Yasminsky

Good question Diana B. Nestle closed down the Australian manufacturing and packing division because the government closed the tax loophole in the form of "large international companies not paying taxes in Australia".
In the end, its great news for Australia because Billions of tax dollars are essential to the nation however, employment and product manufacture suffer. In the end, we'll all be eating and drinking Chinese crap.

Get an answer from our members and Nescafé representatives