2Nestle Alfaré

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes · No
3.0

Kaz814 posts

Didn’t work for us

Was given a script for this after Paediatrician suspected our 4 week old son had milk intolerance due to constipation on normal formula. Our son developed severe reflux on alfare and vomited up clear liquid that smelt like vinegar. The formula is very runny so it may be that it comes up more easily than normal formula which is thicker?He was also up for several hours each morning crying with abdominal discomfort which was a new symptom on the alfare. Poos also very runny and extremely smelly. As a result we discontinued use of the formula upon advice from our paediatrician. Having said all this, he had no trouble drinking the formula despite its awful smell. No trouble mixing the formula either it dissolved well. Show details
Carol
CarolIpswich

Product Out Of Stock

This formula is for babies with allergies and my Chemist has advised now for the second time in three months the supplier is not able to supply. My daughter is having to go to so much trouble trying to obtain a prescription for another allergy formula (she is now being asked to pay for the new prescription). How can a company justify running out of supply of a product that is medically required by babies.

Abdul
AbdulBrisbane2 posts

Suits my darling

While we were on a holiday our little one was suffering from indigestion & we were clueless what could be the reason. On our return we visited our our doctor who advised to use Nestle Alfaré. We had no option but to try, i must say it did work though.

Chony G
Chony G

LauraLou
LauraLou4 posts

Saved my little one from a world of pain

My LO has a severe milk protein allergy and was admitted into hospital three times for 'failure to thrive' if it wasn't for Alfare she would have continued to be unwell. It's been the only formula she's been able to take to and gain weight on. The only thing I do not like it the awful smell and that the formula clumps together and doesn't mix very well. Apart from that my daughter likes this formula, is gaining weight and is no longer in pain.

Mekdi
MekdiAddis ababa

Terrible in flavor

My name is Mekdes and I am from Ethiopia. I have been using alfare this 2 days because my baby has some symptoms of milk allergy and his doctor recommended it but the taste is so terrible. My baby does not like it, he spit a lot and sometimes vomit. I hope he will get used to it and am seeing improvement. Thank you!

Nannie68
Nannie68

This formula saved his life

My son was three months old when a pediatrician put him on this it had a putrid smell and it looked like yukky brown liquid but he was lactose intolerant and he had been having formula with lactose for three months he had soy etc but he would projectile vomit this formula saved his life

newmama
newmama4 posts

does the job....just about

Had to swap to this due to the fire causing no aptamil pepti junior available. This formula stinks, it also tastes disgusting in comparison to pepti junior. It has a terrible after taste. It makes my babies stools smell awful. It is extremely hard to mix we nearly break our wrists mixing it!

it took about a week for my baby to take to it she was very disgruntled, however I can't fault it in terms of my baby is healthy and still comfortable digestively.

Nestle
Nestle   DM
Laura
LauraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC15 posts

Baby states at me like its acid

Horrible. Even when I put vanilla extract in it my baby screams, spits it out and stares at me like its a I'd. This product scared my baby off the bottle. my ped. Advised it but an infant specialist laughed when I let her know what we had been prescribed and demanded or 12 week old go on neocate. It is certainly not for babies who have established a love for breast milk.

Bree
Bree

Jane
Jane2 posts

Discusting!

Smells and taste revolting! why would they make a formula that is synthetic so foul! my poor 4M old doesnt' want to go near it and due to medical reason I cannot breastfeed anymore! gross!

Deanna
Deanna2 posts

Infuriating!

No matter what i try this will not mix properly on water. Baby chokes and gags it tastes so bad, why make something so nasty and hard to use?!

Nestle
Nestle   DM
SIMKEZ
SIMKEZ

A godsend!

It has eased my five month old of all the pain he must have been in. Thankfully he drank it but it does smell rank going in and coming out. Just stir with a spoon. I had no trouble mixing it.

lilyntillymum