Bellamy's Organic Formula

Bellamy's Organic Formula

Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3

My baby is very windy

I was recommended this product from a friend so I thought I would try, however ever since the transition to this formula my baby is windy and is very unsettled after every feed. I’ve been reading other comments to find that Bellamy’s Organics have changed their formula. We will be searching for another alternative.

Purchased in June 2019 at Coles for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi there, Thank you for your feedback. We reformulated at the beginning of the year. Our new formula has the addition of GOS prebiotic and DHA omega 3 fatty acids. GOS prebiotic is shown to improve stool pattern, increase healthy bacteria growth in the stomach and the production of softer, more frequent stool movements. DHA fatty acids are essential for brain and eye development. Whenever you are switching formulas, we suggest a slow transition to avoid tummy upset. I hope this helps and we apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused. Kind regards, Bellamy's Organic

Love the formula... however it's so hard to find..

I love the formula however have sadly had to switch as over the last 2 months it has Been so hard to find. I live in an inner melb superb where Coles, Woolworths and chemist warehouse are all out of stock. With a baby and a toddler it's so frustrating having to go to multiple places and still not find any. I know ordering online is an option however this is just not practical

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
We are experiencing a higher than usual demand for our formula at this time at all of our major retailers (Woolworths, Coles, Chemist Warehouse). To avoid disappointment, we strongly suggest purchasing formula off our website at www.bellamysorganic.com.au or alternatively calling up your local suppliers to check for stock availability saving you the travel. Our Stages 1, 2 and 3 formula is fully stocked and available here and we would strongly suggest using the online store as an assurance to when there is no formula on shelves. Please keep in mind that it does take up to 5 business days to be delivered and shipping is free when you spend $58 or more. We apologise for any inconvenience that this has caused. Thanks for letting us know Bellamy's Organic

a trusted brand for years

Use it for the first baby a few years ago and also suggested friends for this organic brand.
The baby likes it and we are happy too. I heard around it is difficult to buy while I order from their official website if lack of stock locally, easy.

Purchased in May 2019 for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Thanks for your feedback Levin!

Great product but never available

I am a big fan of this formula but I am constantly fed up with it not being available and sold out. I am now switching my son to another formula as I can never get this.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.95.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Hi Jacqui, We are sorry to hear that. We have a higher than usual demand for our products at this time at all of our major retailers. We do suggest purchasing online at www.bellamysorganic.com.au to avoid disappointment.

Loved it!

I always used this product for my daughter after she stopped breastfeeding and it always seemed to agree with her body, and was always easily available from the local chemist. I would buy this product again.

Purchased in January 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Thanks for you feedback Jacqui!

Formula for success!

It was easy to transition from breastmilk and onto this Bellamy’s formula. Bub seems to love this and has not had any side effects from drinking this. It’s easy to prepare.

Purchased in May 2019.

Fantastic feedback!! Thank you so much, and all the best with your little one.

Switching to the new formulation Stage 1

Have used Bellamys Organics (all different products) for years now with my two children. I have used the formula for both babies during the weening phases. Both babies were so settled with stage 1 formula (0-12 months.) it made bottle transition so easy and reliable. So easy on their tummies amd no issues with constipation.
However, I have just started using the ‘new’ formula which is stage 1 0-6 months and my baby seems to be getting unsettled and very windy/constipated. I am wondering if it is the new formulation ?? It actually looks richer than the old one.
Is anyone else having the same issues? I’m so worried that what I thought I could rely on is not as good as it used to be anymore...

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi there, The new formulation of Stage 1 has the addition of DHA omega 3's and GOS prebiotics. Therefore, we do suggest a slow transition from the old formula to the new formula to avoid tummy upset. Start with 3 scoops of the old and 1 scoop of the new, decreasing the number of scoops of the old and increasing the number of scoops of the new over a couple of weeks. We are happy to send you a tin of the old Step 1 to facilitate transition. Please get in touch with us via hello@bellamysorganic.com.auOk. I thought there had to be a difference based on how unsettled my baby has been, esp with sudden constipation. I will email you to get hold of an old tin. That would be amazing. AshWe are happy to help! Thanks for your message :)

The Lifesaving Formula

My son is exclusively breastfed and refuses to have anything but breastmilk straight from the nipple. He also hates soothers and dummies so it makes it hard for us to give him a bottle because he doesn't like the texture of silicone. However, when we used this formula he absolutely loved it and finishes the bottle every time. It is very gentle on his stomach and we didn't experience any problems with his stool when transitioning him between breastmilk and formula. The smell isn't strong like other formulas, easy to prepare and priced reasonably. The only issue we have is that it is SO DIFFICULT TO GET as our local and nearby Woolworths and Coles are always out of stock and finding one at Chemist Warehouse or Big W is a matter of luck. So I'm still breastfeeding just as much as I was before as our baby won't take any other formula but this one. Otherwise, a very good product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback. We are indeed experiencing a higher than usual demand of our formula in our major retailers. Unfortunately, when formula leaves our warehouse, we no longer own the stock and it is up to retailers to distribute and sell as they see fit. With regard to purchasing formula, I would use our online store as an assurance to when you cannot find any on shelf. Our online store can take up to 5 business days to arrive at a residential address and if your purchase over $58 worth of stock, postage is waved. You can access the store from our website. www.bellamysorganic.com.au A maximum of 3 tins can be purchased at one time. If you are running low of formula, please get in touch with us personally at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au Kind Regards Bellamy’s Organic

Hard to find

After trying different formulas for top up as bubs is mixed feed Bellamys organic was the right choice. Baby loved it and it was gentle on her tummy and easy to digest as baby was constipated on other formulas however I'm finding hard to buy. The only place I find it if I'm lucky is chemist warehouse. Woolies and coles always out of stock.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Thank you for the lovely feedback. Please get in touch with us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au and we would love to send out some food products for your little one to try. Kind Regards Bellamy's Organic

Not for my bub

I find this formula to be quite frothy when you shake it. This can tend to give bub a bit of gas. She also doesn't seem to love the taste of it. I know other people that use it on their babies - so maybe it is just mine!

Purchased in March 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Thank you for your response. Please see the response regarding bubbles in our formula. As we use only certified organic ingredients our product may vary slightly in the way it mixes from batch to batch. We manufacture in small batches and organic ingredients do vary from season to season. Some batches may be quite frothy with lots of bubbles, while other batches may have no bubbles at all. This is not a problem, this is normal. The reason that some batches can be quite frothy is because we produce our formulas with real full cream milk powder, which does the same. When you turn the bottle upside down for feeding, milk fills the teat completely and the froth goes to the other end, so baby won’t get any air from the bottle. Some parents stir the formula first and then shake the bottle to dissolve the formula further. From the feedback we have received this creates less froth or bubbles. You can also tap the mixed formula in the bottle on a bench, a bit like when you get a latte at a coffee shop and they bang the jug of milk prior to pouring it in the cup. It is also worth noting, frothing or bubbles do not pose a problem with baby either as long as you ensure the teat on the bottle is full when your little one is feeding then there will not be excessive air intake. As for the taste, unfortunately, every baby is different and palatability can vary. We are sorry your little did not like our new formula. I hope this information helps. Kind Regards Bellamy’s Organic

After refusing other formulas baby took this one

The Bellamy's infant formula was our saviour for daycare days. We tried other formulas before starting daycare for our exclusively breastfed baby and he didn't like them.
I must say that the Bellamy's formula is the best smelling from the ones we tried. It is easy to prepare and seemingly easily digested, never had any problems.

Purchased in January 2018 at Chemist Warehouse for $28.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Amazing review. Thank you- we are so pleased that your little one loves it. Please send us an email at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au and provide us your postal details so we can send some food goodies across. Many thanks Bellamy’s Organic

The Best Australia has to offer

This is an amazing product. Organic and with DHA so you can rest comfortably knowing your child is getting everything required to grow and thrive. My Children have always loved the taste of the Bellamy range.

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $28.00.

Good quality product

This was an excellent option for our little one when she was little. We even gave her number 2 and number 3 till end. She always enjoyed drinking with no side effects. It was very easy to prepare aswell.

Purchased in April 2017 at Coles.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Such lovely feedback- many thanks and we are so pleased your little one enjoys it

Constant diarrhea after changing to 0-6 months formula

My LO was striving when he was on your 0-12 months formula but when I have to transit him to 0-6 months as I found out that you will no longer produce 0-12 months. We have been trying to mix only 25% of the new formula with the old one and baby have been having diarrhea every since ... as per your suggestion we tried for 2 weeks and still baby situation hasn’t improve... it is very disheartening. I am trying to switch back to 0-12 months but afraid that I might not be able to get any new stock and now I am stuck with so many bottles of 0-6 and 6-12 :( ...

Purchased in February 2019 for $54.90.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi there, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are very sorry that this has not been the right formula fit for your little one. I am happy to send out old step 1 to you, if you could please email your details at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au Kind Regards Bellamy’s Organic

Best formula I have tried.

After struggles with breastfeeding I put my baby on Bellamy’s Stage 1. She thrived and loved it however due to the high price we then put her on S26. After a nightmare month testing different formulas we are now back to Bellamy’s. The price is high but so worth it. Super easy to prepare and has never had a negative reaction on it.

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Thank you so much for the lovely feedback :) we are so happy to hear

good item, very popular

This item is very good, which is organic baby formula. My son loves this flavor. Bought this baby formula many times. Recommend. If you wanna choose some organic baby formula this is your best choice.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for $28.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
We are so pleased to hear and thank you for the fantastic feedback :)

Perfect until formula change from old packaging to new packaging

The change of ingredients from old to new packaging has not been good. Baby's tummy is not accepting the new formula. Baby will feel constipated and cries a lot. I will be switching his formula immediately. As I no longer recommend this product.

Purchased in April 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $27.99.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
We are very sorry to hear about this Marcus. A change in our formula has seen the introduction of GOS prebiotic fibre which should actually assist with the digestive health and bowel function of an infant. It is important that you transition slowly from one formula to another and we recommend this over 2-4 weeks. We still have original formula available and are happy to provide you some to ensure a smooth transition to the new formula. Please see more information below and please feel free to call me personally to see if I can assist. https://www.bellamysorganic.com.au/blog/formula-product-change-notification/ Kind Regards Marisa Nastasi +61 3 6332 9200 Dietitian for Bellamy's Organic

Caused extreme diarrhea and vomiting

My 9 month old was thriving on the stage 1 (was marketed up to 12 months at that stage) but with rebrand, I swapped to stage 2 thinking that stage one was no longer appropriate formulation for my baby (marketed as 6-12 months). I bulk ordered after getting about 3/4 days into the tin, thinking all was well. From the 5th day and ongoingly, our bub experienced severe vomiting and diarrhea for almost 3/4 days before we could pinpoint the actual cause as the formula. Poos were highly acid in smell.
Be careful, bubs gut flora is extremely sensitive to this kind of change.
We had to switch to another formula manufacturer that makes for 0-12 months.
When I asked Bellamy’s for a refund/exchange on my unopened box of 3 tins of formula, I received nil response.
We ended up in hospital due to the extent of illness.
I’m sorry but I can’t advocate for stage two.

Purchased in February 2019 for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi There, Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about this situation. Generally when a baby is commenced quickly on one formula without a transition, symptoms like this can occur. Slow transition is very important when changing formula to ensure a baby has adequate time to adjust to new ingredients. We are more than happy to provide you with the original formula for you at no cost. We are also still selling this until June and would have been more than happy to chat with you over the phone. If you wish to chat with us personally, please call +61 3 6332 9200. We cannot however take back formula for a consumer given this product is manufactured under strict hygiene conditions that cannot be guaranteed once sold to a consumer. Kind Regards Bellamy's OrganicBellamy’s, thanks for getting in touch and I’m glad we chatted further offline regarding the details of the situation that presented for us. As I explained, slow transition was not possible for us, and I did offer feedback via your website. Many thanks for for offering to resolve. Hoping the formula agrees with other bubs.

Always sold out

My baby loved this formular. We also used stage 2. It was good on her tummy. I just found that the stores were always sold out which was inconvenient so we had to change brands.

Purchased in January 2019.

Great customer service and my no1 formula

I love bellamys formula, my baby is 2 weeks old and i am currently am using step 1 the new improved version. My baby is putting on weight nicely, easy to make, smells nice, he never throws up and no nasty bubbles in his belly that give him trouble. These were issues when my other bubs when i used s26. I also had a great customer service experience with the company as i bought the old version of step one that chemist warehouse was selling and bub didnt take to the change too well as we had only used the new version even though there are only slight differences so they offered to replace the 3 tins i bought as u cannot return formula. I thought that was amazing of them. Thanks bellamys.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Hi, I have a kettle that heats up the water to temperature required. What I have been doing is boiling the water to 100 degrees for sterilisation purposes and then reheating to 40 degrees when I’m making a bottle to get the perfect temperature to feed baby without needing to cool down the bottle etc. is this ok? My 2 year old was in Ballamys with no issues and now my newborn has been vomiting quiet a bit about once a day. Is this due to the new formula? As I also have a friend who’s newborn is vomiting on this formula

I have been told that this formula is too high in protein and calories and babies tend to put on too much weight. Is this true?
Hi Sam, Thanks for the question. Our new formula has been reformulated with lower protein and falls within the range stipulated by the Australian regulatory body FSNANZ. So no, our formula does not promote weight gain in infants, toddlers or young children. This change has become mandated across all formula brands. Many thanks for the great question. Bellamy's Organic

When should i switch bub from step 2 to step 3? He has been on step 1 till about 9months and and we mixed step 1 with step 2 to slowly transition him. Now at almost 12months we are almost fully transition to step 2, but its also time for step 3. What is the diff between step 2 & 3?
Step 2 contains a specifically curated mixture of vitamins and minerals to promote the optimal growth and development of your child when breast milk is not exclusively used, or used in moderation. Step 3 however, is not essential, it is merely a supplement drink that should be used alongside a healthy balanced diet. Step 3 is for 12 months onwards and we suggest a slow transition from Step 2 to 3 if you do decide to continue using formula from this age. I hope this helps! Kind regards, Bellamy's OrganicThank you very much for the prompt response. This is very helpful in making the decision on which steps to give at that age.

Formula Step 1Formula Step 2Formula Step 3
Price (RRP) $30.00$30.00$28.00
AgeInfant (0-6 months)Follow-On (6-12 Months)Toddler (1+ year)
Stage123