Nestle Allens Chicos

Nestle Allens Chicos

1.9

Wayne T

Wayne TSouth East Queensland, QLD

A name change to Chico due to racial overtones!

I reckon it's stupid to change the name of a Lollie, it's been called Chicko's since it was first invented leave them the way and the name we know them as. The only thing I see that needs changing is the minds of some of these stupid uneducated snowflakes.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for A$3.00.

Name change due to racial overtones???

What is racist about the Spanish word for boy - Chico. If need to change name consider BLM

Purchased at Woolworths.

Great lolly, about time the name changed.

A perfectly balanced flavour between sugar and cocoa.
I will personally eat more of these to make up for all the boomers. I ask for no recompense, except perhaps bariatric surgery in 5 years' time.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for A$5.00.

Rue

RueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Chico’s and red skins

Discussed to hear that Chico’s and red skins are changing their names. Won’t be buying the name changed lollies. Screw you nestles

Ewwwwww!

Terrible - The texture is now like a cheap jelly baby!

Totally Ruined

Chicos were probably my favourite lolly growing up. I hadn't had them for a number of years and bought a pack on a whim. I was excited to try them again after so long. The new formula are terrible. Totally ruined. Have gone from a 10/10 to a 1 out of 10. There is no way product testers tried these and said they were better. By 'product testers', Nestle clearly mean 'our desire for lower input costs'. Your customers are your number one product testers and they have spoken.

Purchased in November 2019.

Quinn

QuinnSouth East Queensland, QLD

disappointed

Killer Pythons- What the hell happened to the size of them :/ you have shrunken them so much
Party Mix- You put way too many bananas in them and the teeth are so small now, I used to love your lollies but now they aren’t as good as they were, very disappointed

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles for A$5.00.

Horrible and Bitter!!

I was so disappointed and angry. I used to LOVE chicos. Bought two bags and threw the first one out because I thought I got a bad batch. Some tasted good then I’d hit one that tasted like soap!! Super bitter and disgusting. Opened the other bag thinking they’d be fine and ran into the same thing. What the hell is going on with them?? They should all taste the same! Never buying them again. Tasted like some have been laced with something toxic.

David P

David PMelbourne

This is perfect! Can’t live without it.

Witchy

WitchyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Chicos gone bad

i haven't had chicos since allens wrecked them. Then i was given a packet and sadly they still wrecked. Bit sad when a product is changed for the worse.

Kath

KathBrisbane

Chico’s are Dead to me

I have love love loved Chico’s forever but today is a sad day because I have eaten my last. Allen’s have changed the taste so much that they don’t taste like chocolate but nasty soap. I feel like I’ve had my mouth washed out but didn’t do anything wrong to deserve the punishment.

superking

superkingMelbourne

New flavour NEW LIFE in this old favourite.

Never really been a big fan of Chicos, but after buying some on sale the other month I'm now addicted! The new product is nice and firm, with a lot of flavour, the texture is solid, but breaks apart nicely when chewed, with just a little bit of stickiness. The old flavour was ok, and I know a lot of people are upset about the change, but if you weren't a big fan before then perhaps try them out now.

So sad...

My son came back to Canada today (from Australia) the only thing I asked him to bring was 3 bags of Chicos, I was so disappointed , the taste texture are lousy, why did you do this, they were fabulous before, why ruin suck a good product?

Ian Downs

Ian DownsAU

Why change good to bad?

I bought a bag of.chicos today. Half price. No wonder. they appear to be jelly babies with slight chocolate taste. Never used to be like that. Used to have a flavour like nothing else. Now they are disgusting. Why do companies change products?

pberrett

pberrett

Go back to riginal flavour before its too late

Please go back to the old flavour. The new Chicos have the taste and texture of a barely chocolate flavoured escargot (snail).

Please sack the chico taste tester and return to the original taste and texture before Chicos go the way of Dick Smith.

Bel hill

Bel hillGold coast

You killed the chicos

Nestle who did you get as a chicos taste tester to allow you to put out this bland product. I hope you didn't pay them there work is substandard to agree this is an improved flavour. They should be sacked and where would you like me to send my resume to get on this panel of taste testers. Bring back the original flavour

Dean

DeanPerth

New flavour a poor replacement

Old flavour much better. A shame you had to change. Do you actually listed to feedback or just an exercise?

Bring back the chiko baby when they were first made

I remember going to the shop buying chiko babies they were so nice big and thick today the chiko baby tast s like rubber they are horrible

Kez

KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never buy Chicos again

Just awful....got nothing more....why change perfection! Great to see original BBQ shapes back, I don't understand why manufacturers change what is a successful recipe!!!

joc

jocTas

Horrible

Have just tried Chicos again for the first time in many years. What a complete disappointment! The taste/texture, etc. is completely different to how I remember it, and the new variety is horrid! Another product that's not been changed for the better, and I will not be buying again ever.