Nestle Allens Chicos

Nestle Allens Chicos

1.8

Horrible

The texture is completely different now. They arent soft and chewy any more and taste like a cheap knock off of original chicos. I jave no idea why they changed the recipe of such a classic lolly. I wish they put a warning on the packet showing that they have changed the recipe. So disappointed.

Purchased in February 2021 for $2.50.

Laurie

Laurie

Not the same

Not as good as they were ,taste a lot different, very bland flavour. Not going to be on my favourite list from now on . Need to get back to basics .

Purchased in December 2020 at Coles for $2.90.

Rhee L.

Rhee L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Change(s) for the worse!!!

The recipe & name change were both entirely
unnecessary, won't be purchasing this product again.

Purchased in April 2020.

Wayne

WayneNortheast, VIC

These are terrible

They do not the same taste they do not have the same softish texture. I have bought my last packet. I used to eat these on road trips and all the time but no more. Change the name (for no good reason) but they are not the same lolly

Wayne T

Wayne TSouth East Queensland, QLD

A name change to Chico due to racial overtones!

I reckon it's stupid to change the name of a Lollie, it's been called Chicko's since it was first invented leave them the way and the name we know them as. The only thing I see that needs changing is the minds of some of these stupid uneducated snowflakes.

Purchased in July 2020 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Name change due to racial overtones???

What is racist about the Spanish word for boy - Chico. If need to change name consider BLM

Purchased at Woolworths.

Great lolly, about time the name changed.

A perfectly balanced flavour between sugar and cocoa.
I will personally eat more of these to make up for all the boomers. I ask for no recompense, except perhaps bariatric surgery in 5 years' time.

Purchased in March 2020 at Coles for $5.00.

Rue

RueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Chico’s and red skins

Discussed to hear that Chico’s and red skins are changing their names. Won’t be buying the name changed lollies. Screw you nestles

Ewwwwww!

Terrible - The texture is now like a cheap jelly baby!

Totally Ruined

Chicos were probably my favourite lolly growing up. I hadn't had them for a number of years and bought a pack on a whim. I was excited to try them again after so long. The new formula are terrible. Totally ruined. Have gone from a 10/10 to a 1 out of 10. There is no way product testers tried these and said they were better. By 'product testers', Nestle clearly mean 'our desire for lower input costs'. Your customers are your number one product testers and they have spoken.

Purchased in November 2019.

Quinn

QuinnSouth East Queensland, QLD

disappointed

Killer Pythons- What the hell happened to the size of them :/ you have shrunken them so much
Party Mix- You put way too many bananas in them and the teeth are so small now, I used to love your lollies but now they aren’t as good as they were, very disappointed

Purchased in April 2019 at Coles for $5.00.

Horrible and Bitter!!

I was so disappointed and angry. I used to LOVE chicos. Bought two bags and threw the first one out because I thought I got a bad batch. Some tasted good then I’d hit one that tasted like soap!! Super bitter and disgusting. Opened the other bag thinking they’d be fine and ran into the same thing. What the hell is going on with them?? They should all taste the same! Never buying them again. Tasted like some have been laced with something toxic.

David P

David PMelbourne

This is perfect! Can’t live without it.

Witchy

WitchyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Chicos gone bad

i haven't had chicos since allens wrecked them. Then i was given a packet and sadly they still wrecked. Bit sad when a product is changed for the worse.

Kath

KathBrisbane

Chico’s are Dead to me

I have love love loved Chico’s forever but today is a sad day because I have eaten my last. Allen’s have changed the taste so much that they don’t taste like chocolate but nasty soap. I feel like I’ve had my mouth washed out but didn’t do anything wrong to deserve the punishment.

superking

superkingMelbourne

New flavour NEW LIFE in this old favourite.

Never really been a big fan of Chicos, but after buying some on sale the other month I'm now addicted! The new product is nice and firm, with a lot of flavour, the texture is solid, but breaks apart nicely when chewed, with just a little bit of stickiness. The old flavour was ok, and I know a lot of people are upset about the change, but if you weren't a big fan before then perhaps try them out now.

So sad...

My son came back to Canada today (from Australia) the only thing I asked him to bring was 3 bags of Chicos, I was so disappointed , the taste texture are lousy, why did you do this, they were fabulous before, why ruin suck a good product?

Ian Downs

Ian DownsAU

Why change good to bad?

I bought a bag of.chicos today. Half price. No wonder. they appear to be jelly babies with slight chocolate taste. Never used to be like that. Used to have a flavour like nothing else. Now they are disgusting. Why do companies change products?

pberrett

pberrett

Go back to riginal flavour before its too late

Please go back to the old flavour. The new Chicos have the taste and texture of a barely chocolate flavoured escargot (snail).

Please sack the chico taste tester and return to the original taste and texture before Chicos go the way of Dick Smith.

Bel hill

Bel hillGold coast

You killed the chicos

Nestle who did you get as a chicos taste tester to allow you to put out this bland product. I hope you didn't pay them there work is substandard to agree this is an improved flavour. They should be sacked and where would you like me to send my resume to get on this panel of taste testers. Bring back the original flavour