Nestle Allens Fantales

Nestle Allens Fantales

changed recipe, no longer as nice

The sugary sweetness of the lolly overpowers any taste you would get of caramel and chocolate. They have changed the caramel inside to a cheaper less flavorsome alternative. They are considerably smaller

Lisa C.

Lisa C.Sydney, NSW

We’re my favorite until I broke a tooth on one!

Have been living in the US for 6 years now. I am Australian and returned to Australian recently and of course wanted to indulge into my all time favorites “Fantales”. Well big mistake... I broke a tooth on one! They are not the same as they use to be, some were very chewy and sticky and another was hard and kind of stale. Having gone to the dentist, he quoted this happens a lot with Fantales and Minties. I reached out to Nestle to report and they couldn’t care less really. They wouldn’t even reimburse the dental fee which was no more than $150! In my opinion, best to stay away if you value your teeth. What happen to good ol fashion customer service.

Purchased in May 2020 for $4.00.

TCS

TCS

Very poor

Your product has changed tremendously. I will never buy again. Soft lollies, No white powder anymore especially the teeth. Your confection was always firm and that’s why I loved it. Red and green frogs are no more there. The frogs you have are soft and little. Very very disappointed and I now buy a different brand. I’m almost 60 yrs and cannot believe the change. Yuk

Tanya

TanyaFar North Queensland, QLD

Small in size

Has become smaller in size. Very disappointing. Why change the size.

Purchased in November 2019 at IGA for $5.00.

parrots are the best

parrots are the bestGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Yummy

Delicious stuff I just had 2 cups of it in a row

Makayla Page

Makayla PageHobart, TAS

Allen's Fantales

These used to be so good but I just bought a packet today and they were so soft and had nowhere near as much flavour as they used to won't be buying these again

Purchased in November 2019 at Woolworths for $4.50.

gazman

gazmanPerth, WA

milk bottles

milk bottles and milkos no milk taste whatsoever they need to go back 50 years and make all sweets like they used too ,not the rubbish they pump out today, All generick and cheap rubbish,trouble is this generation knows no better,and that goes for all confectionary.

Purchased in October 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $10.00.

craziestozzy

craziestozzyNorth Queensland, QLD

These are not Fantales I just paid for

Won't be buying this rubbish again.
These are not the Fantales that have been around for years, unchanged until recently.
Smaller in size...like half the size
No caramel (soft tasteless fudge thing)
Thinnest veneer of chocolate ever.
That was not chocolate at all.
More sugar.
Lots of sugar.

Purchased in October 2019 for $4.00.

Fantales disaster

Why, why, why? The only reason I can think of for changing Fantales is the omnipresent fear of litigation. This is what our society has become! Everything tailored around risk management i.e. in this case, the fear of being sued for a cracked tooth. Bought a second packet because I too thought there was something wrong with the first packet. Now I know. Never, ever buying them again.

Purchased in August 2019 at IGA Dromana .

melinda.allia

melinda.alliaPerth, WA

Did they change the recipe????

Came on here looking to see if they changed the recipe??? These new ones just arent the same. Way too soft for my liking and much sweeter. Wont be buying again

Purchased in July 2019 at BP Australia for $5.50.

Joe Bloggs

Joe BloggsCentral West, NSW

Disappointed

So disappointed in Fantales. Used to love the rich chocolate over the hard caramel. Now just a tasteless soft fudge barely covered by cheap chocolate. No flavor, no chewiness. And getting smaller. Won't be buying any more.

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $5.00.

Nan

NanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting

Bought a one kg bag yesterday, put them in a jar for an Easter present. Lucky i tasted one. Was sure they were stale as only a month until use by, then saw these posts, so now can’t even take them back as apparently they’re the new fantales! Soft, no taste, chocolate fake and $12 down the drain. Couldn’t give these poor excuses for a chocolate away. For heavens sake, why mess with perfection

Purchased in April 2019 at Big W Retail Stores for $12.00.

Felicity

FelicitySydney

Terrible

What has happened to fantales? They are horrible now, no longer yummy caramel centre but a yucky soft fudge type filling. Bought a packet at Sydney airport last month and thought they had gone stale but date was ok. Bought a packet at supermarket today and realise the recipe has changed. Threw the packet in the bin. At least it will be good for the waist line!

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Fantales disaster

I was eating a fantale and it tore the top tooth from my mouth with the caramel. As I crunched down to chew again, I could feel the broken tooth with my tongue. Not a pleasant feeling. I have recently been to the dentist and have a good set of teeth with no decay, so unsure what has happened in this case

Purchased in February 2019 for $2.99.

Drew

Drew

Wretched

Absolutely awful now. Used to be great. It's like they sat around a table and said "Right people, how can we make the product worse, yet charge more?"

Cheap disgusting chocolate

So disappointed. I loved these treats once but they have been ruined. I’d like my money back really. The caramel is not the same either, almost tasteless. What on earth has happened to them.

Tracey

TraceyTamworth

Why???

Fantails were fine how they were. Why, why, why change them? No flavour, too soft and more like fudge. Won’t be buying them anymore.

JohnM09

JohnM09Sydney, Australia

Enough of the fake chocolate

Even if the price needs to go up, bring back the rich dark chocolate coating. These are supposed to be "Fantales" not Cobbers, so enough of the terrible cheap compound chocolate now being used. Not sure about the people complaining about them "not being hard and chewy anymore". There were hard lollies for sucking "Fantales, Minties etc" and soft lollies for chewing "Milko's, Sherbies etc". Allens seem to want to make everything softer now, probably so their eaten faster.

Vicki

VickiChirnside Park

Terrible -soft and no longer chewy.

First I thought I had a packet which was stale or something, but after reading other reviews it seems this is intentional. So disappointing - wont be buying them any more.

Bobbie

BobbieMelbourne

Aaah! Fantales are now terrible!

Fantales are now soft fudge rather than hard caramel and the chocolate tastes like it has been on the shelf for months. So disappointing! Never again