• Night Vision
  • Connectivity / Reliability
Mark

Mark

Overpriced toy cameras

Purchased in November 2020.

Useless

Had 5 cameras for a year. OK at first but now terrible. Software has been updated and now you have to spend money every month to get basic functionality. 2 level authentication is extremely annoying

Purchased in September 2019.

5 STAR SYSTEM - HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Had previously bought Swann wifi cameras that were useless. Arlo pro 2 far superior in pairing, setting, app and functionality. Have a 600m2 house and yard and all three cameras work most excellently.

Purchased in October 2020 for A$600.00.

Kris

KrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unreliable and Misinformed

Bought the Wireless Arlo security system with 4 cameras via RACV. The batteries, were informed will last for 3 months, will only last for 2-4 weeks when active. Useless if need to be recharged every few weeks.

Purchased at RACV.

Fares M.

Fares M.

Not a bad product, but a very bad customer service

It will take you forever to contact the customer service when you have any problem.
And even when you contact them, it will take months to explain your problem and get it fixed, and in the meantime, your security system might be offline.

Purchased in June 2019.

Gay W

Gay WSydney, NSW

Images made too pixelated to use by Arlo firmware update. Hopeless security system.

Purchased for A$800.00.

TravelsofOz

TravelsofOzMelbourne

Regretful. Done my homework now I know what to get.

Purchased in March 2020 at Harvey Norman for A$999.00.

Tim D.

Tim D.South East Queensland, QLD

Product is good but in the event you have issues support is VERY POOR and hard to deal with

Had my Arlo system 6ish months and been good, however, had issues with the redemption that was offered upon purchase and it took 6 months to get this sorted. Also, I had issues with cloud storage and support did fix it but again very slow going and very hard to deal with the support that was offered.
As a professional tech I deal with organizations all the time and this is by far the worst I have had to date.

BUYER BEWARE. STAY AWAY. WOULDNT RECOMMEND AGAIN

Purchased in November 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,095.00.

Sue

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Home Security

We bought 2 Arlo video cameras for our security around our property, they are incredible picking up people delivering parcels, we can also ask questions and see everyone standing at front door

Clive

Clive

Arlo 2 Pro. The Unreliable security system. Worse than a dog.

Bought 4 camera system + 1 extra in Mid 2018. 2 solar panels. Since then 1 has died. 1 Battery has died. 2 cameras will not record movement only operate manually. 1 solar panel has died. Warranty is 12 months. Extraordinary failure rate across the board.

Purchased in April 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,800.00.

Rebekah

RebekahHobart, TAS

Very expensive security system

Camera has great resolution and you can zoom in. I bought the solar panel for one of the cameras, but it barely makes a difference, as I've had to charge the battery more on the solar panel letterbox camera than the front door cam.
I would not recommend this product, you don't really get what you pay for.

Purchased in January 2020 at Device Deal for A$708.00.

Sophia

SophiaChristchurch

Hmmm more cons than pros here

Purchased in July 2019 at Noel Leeming Physical store.

Mark P

Mark PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Now useless after 13 months! Do not waste your hard earnt money! Look elsewhere!

Purchased in November 2018 for A$2,100.00.

Jason

JasonPerth, WA

Disappointed

I'm pretty disappointed with this product. Cost was over $1000 and i expected something great. Picture not that great. Cameras constantly pic up motion that doesn't exist. Battery runs out very fast. I need to recharge twice a week despite advertised 365 day battery life. 24/7 cloud monitoring only available if plugged in to ac power which defeats the purpose of a wireless product. Why not spend half the money on a wired setup. Everything is an online subscription upgrade. Pay more money monthly etc. Huge buyers remorse here.

Purchased in November 2019 for A$1,100.00.

Shopper2015

Shopper2015SYDNEY

Review after 1 year of using it...

Purchased in October 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

Rob

RobCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible software and no support!

You would think that a large company would be able to provide working software for a supposed security system, however like so many others I have been left with an expensive toy that is totally unreliable and disappointing. When new firmware is released to fix major problems it simply creates another issue. Anybody thinking about buying Arlo should do their research and see just how bad this company is!

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,500.00.

Stuart N.

Stuart N.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good hardware completely ruined by terrible software.

Ive owned the system for 4 years. Every six months Arlo engineers break the software. Last year it rendered battery life useless, now geofencing is broken. Arlos QA and software dev is atrocious. They take nor responsibility for their short comings, in effect, their customers are treated like they are beta testers for useless software and have a system that is rendered useless as a security system. Do NOT buy into this mess.

Purchased in February 2015 for A$600.00.

Connectivity / Reliability

Geofencing is terrible, dont buy this product if you plan on trying to use it.

The hardware side of the Arlo Pro 2 is great. the picture quality and sound is more than I expected BUT if you are going to look at buying this, I would not recommend this at all. The support from Arlo is non-existant and one of the main features I purchased this for was geofencing but this does not work at all.... BUYER BEWARE!.....

Purchased in October 2017 for A$1,599.00.

rockres

rockres

After 18 months I've had 4 cameras fail and replaced...

Nightmare of a system, absolutely not what you expect from a trusted brand like Netgear. The cameras basically stop detecting 'motion'. We took the trouble to hardwire them all in, the batteries just don't last very long, but every few months a camera will stop detecting motion and nothing works so it needs replacing.

Video is fine in the daytime, the night vision is really low quality (you couldn't even read a numberplate 3m away with it.

All in all, this was a dud buy, please don't make the same mistake we did and look elsewhere.

Purchased at Wireless1 Online Store for A$813.52.

Pops

PopsMelbourne

Useless support from Arlo

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$1,000.00.

fred

fredasked

Arlo Pro 2

Frankly I am utterly amazed that there is such a raft of bad press about the Netgear product and it is met with deathly silence from the company.
I am looking for some security gear and Arlo Pro 2 does fit the bill on paper but the risks of buying a lemon are to high.
Does anyone know if it is easy to return the product for a full refund if it doesn't perform as advertised?
Many thanks

Roachyasked

Arlo Pro 2

Why do you not tell customers that you need a good WI-FI plan for these cameras to work well. We have poor WI-FI reception and more than one store and NetGear representative told me it would work fine. tell me what am I missing

Chris
Chris

Seems logical to me. A wifi camera obviously relies on a workable wifi system. Hardly Arlos fault.

Roachy

Chris I had rung the company directly that manufacturers the Arlo Pro 2 and they told me that they work fine even if you have a poor WiFi reception, they have obviously mislead me. Also as I had already mentioned in my review that 2 stores had also told me that they would work well with poor WiFi. So my question is why would an Arlo representative tell me that the WI FI Cameras go well even when WI Fi reception is poor. I believe that they are not educated enough with their product or they just want my money. Are you a representative for Arlo Chris because your response is not very professional if you are a representative and I was asking the question to a representative not to a customer if you are a customer and If you are a representative for Arlos then you need more training on how to speak in a professional manner to the retailer. Maybe I needed to address my concerns to an Arlo representative as it was not to the retailer. To answer your response
“Yes in my opinion it is Arlos fault (your comment) or in my words, It is Arlos obligation to train their staff on their products and give the correct information to the retailer so that the retailer does not make such an expensive mistake in purchasing a product that does not work properly or suit their needs. The reason for my comments is to educate others before they purchase this product. I am very fortunate that research and perseverance is part of who I am and am so pleased that I did as I purchased a wired more affordable camera system and it works well. I’m so pleased that I can warn others to do the same. Sorry Chris if my concerns were not clear enough to you but you may not of read my comment before that. And if you had then you would of fully understood what I was asking. Thanks.

Roachyasked

Arlo Pro 2

Why does nobody tell you that Arlo Pro cameras do not work well if your Wi-Fi Plan is poor and will effect other appliances in your home.

ejr1959
ejr1959

I don't have that experience. I have NBN at the highest speed level.
My experience is that when you do encounter tech support is sheer hell. They do not respond. They do not deliver on promises to send out replacements.

Roachy

Thanks. I agree. I have asked them twice and no response. When I did ring the company they told me that the cameras still work well with poor WiFI. I’m so glad I did my research further and asked a professional alarm guy and he told me not to get them because of my poor reception. Arlo Netgear are one of the worst company’s I have dealt with. They sell these cameras to the supplier and the supplier tells the customer that they work well also even with poor WIFI. They all have poor knowledge about their product. In the end I got a wired camera for quarter of the price and am really happy with it. Heard that you have to change the battery all the time, what a hassle. With the wired its only 6 months to once a year job.

• GTIN12: 606449128444 and 606449128529