See the Best Wireless Surveillance Systems in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Dee

DeeCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Good product overall

We had the first wireless Arlo system and have now upgraded to the Arlo Pro 2. It's good in that we can still use the old cameras (well a few) and after seeing the new camera performance there is a noticeable difference between the two. Having the sound and talk back function is brilliant. The new cameras also have a wider view. They seem to pick up movement quicker than the old ones but sometimes still lag in starting to record. They suit us and I'm not sure if a wired system would be any better after talking to some friends.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman Online for $869.00.

Dissapointed

DissapointedQueensland

Crap support - cant even delete account that holds personal information

Forget all the trouble I had with the actual system (schedules dropping out, disarming, battery life etc) after throwing the towel in and getting a refund, I tried to delete my account which holds personal information but the support is virtually non existent and account still active after requesting closure. don't bother asking for a transcript on the chat support, I don't think they even know what that is....poor experience not touching a Netgear product ever again,

Purchased in August 2019.

Very disappointing!

It often misses activity completely! Can’t rely on it at all. It needs recharging every few weeks and I live at the end of a dead end road! The time delay can sometimes take ages to view. Not worth the money!

Purchased in June 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for $1,200.00.

Excellent for us

Excellent system. Easy to set up. We brought it to install in our home as we don’t live there all the time so love the ease of the app being able to keep an eye on it. Great battery life. We got 6 months between charges. Great resolution too. Recommend to anyone.

Purchased in October 2018 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores.

Love this!

We bought this system 18 months ago. It is super reliable. Great resolution. Can zoom into parts of the image. Records online for free and on USB. App is super reliable. We have monitored our home from overseas, from the office. We use it check on our dog and our teenagers. Great battery life. Easy to set up. Highly recommend.

Purchased in March 2018 at JB Hi-Fi for $600.00.

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Don't purchase under any circumstance.

The geofencing option has never worked despite investigations by Arlo . App for setting up the system is very poor and difficult to navigate. Support cases have been closed without resolution.

Purchased in January 2019 for $900.00.

seoidau

seoidauGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but in every case it is ssslllooooooooowww...

Purchased in December 2017 at Officeworks Physical store.

gohr.uwe

gohr.uweGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very ordinary for a lot of cash

As mentioned in other posts geofencing is just about useless. Even though the system recognises when you leave or return home it doesn't turn off or on the cameras.
Also the schedules are not that great. You can't set multiple schedules in one go and whats really annoying if you want to set schedules for reverse times like the starting time is a 1 pm and the finishing time 7 am. Comes up with message that starting time must be before finishing time.
Lot of cash for very poor system, as you never know if your cameras are turned on or not.

Purchased in August 2018.

Dean G.

Dean G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Geofencing doesn’t work at all!!

Geofencing is the main feature of this product and it doesn’t work at all. Support say that it’s a ‘server’ issue with no fix in sight. Waste of AUD$700. There was no offer for when it may work satisfactorily.

This aside, the cameras are great.

Netgear, get your software and support sorted. Disappointing!

Purchased in June 2018 at Officeworks for $699.00.

Aaron N

Aaron NDarwin, NT

Too many issues!!!!

I have 5 cameras active approximately 12 hours a day.
3 months later 2 cameras have different issues with not recognising the genuine charger, and the other simply not working at all. Harvey Norman don’t want to know about faults unless you’ve spent hours on the phone with Arlo Support and provide a return order.
The cameras won’t pick up fast movement, and activate approximately 60% of the time (I have excellent wifi signal and the fastest plan).
Phone support is simply reading from a trouble shooting manual and is very frustrating and I’m pretty patient.
This is extremely disheartening as they have the potential to be a great product.
Just not worth the money or hassle.

Purchased in February 2019 at Harvey Norman for $1,210.00.

RoachyChristchurch

I will not buy at all because of false information

Purchased in April 2019 at Noel Leeming for $1,300.00.

ejr1959Sydney, NSW

If you want peace of mind not grief stay well away from this company and product

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman Physical Store for $799.00.

Motion Detection

Would be good if battery life actually lasted anywhere near as long as they say it does.

I purchased Arlo Pro 2.
Two cameras, yes easy to install and set up.
But battery life on cameras is said to be between 2-3 weeks?
Mine last 2-3 days.
Would like to contact Arlo and either replace battery or camera one of which has to be faulty as other camera battery lasts longer.

Purchased in February 2019 for $649.00.

Mintmia

MintmiaMelbourne

Happy with our purchase

Bianca

BiancaSydney Surrounds, NSW

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT

This is possibly the worst camera I have ever purchased. While the battery life is good, this would be about its only benefit. The Lag on these cameras is absolutely disgusting. I will have a courier come to the door, have me sign and collect it, ask how their day is and the camera has still not notified me. The lag on this is typically a good 2 minutes or more. What is the point in having security cameras when someone can come and go before you're even aware there is anything going on. Really disappointed with this product and wont be considering Netgear again for any security purchases. I'm going straight to FairTrade for a full refund.

Rusty

RustyMelbourne

Easy to use

Hi this unit has great outdoor range and great daytime picture quality .On windy days I get 2 false triggers a minute all day just like my other Swann unit but repositioning camera may help.I carnt see why arlo can't use same Technology as my 20 year old sencer light which only comes on if life walks in front of it or a car and wind never sets it off .Any way i'm glad I brought this unit because free sever video storage and great app to use and playback is excellent anywhere. Netatmo presence camera gives no false triggers but arlo has wireless and sever Storage maybe u need both.

david

david

Do your research especially if you need activity zones outdoors

Great a wireless camera I can use outside. Good reviews so I buy one.
Oops. Activity zones don’t work. That’s no good. It’s outside and I want my door, not the cars going by.
I need a power supply. Cool. Arlo has a solution. There’s a solar panel available. Not cheap but hey, that’ll do the job.
Install it. Still no activity zone feature. Still need wired power. Never said that on the tin either.
Then I find Arlo now has a plan I can purchase that does offer activity zone analysis. Hmmmnnnn. Feels like Arlo keeps taking a bigger share of my wallet. As an indoor wired power product it’s ok. But outdoors is another matter

Great, am excited

Blakey

BlakeyGoulburn Valley, VIC

Cameras are OK but the app is terrible and there is NO SUPPORT

bellamama

bellamamaVictoria, Australia

It’s just ok

Received my pro 2 / 3 camera last week , it say detect movement, even I select 100% active And still not work like 100% . 5 out of 10 can detect movement .

Roachyasked

Why do you not tell customers that you need a good WI-FI plan for these cameras to work well. We have poor WI-FI reception and more than one store and NetGear representative told me it would work fine. tell me what am I missing

Chris
Chris

Seems logical to me. A wifi camera obviously relies on a workable wifi system. Hardly Arlos fault.

Roachy

Chris I had rung the company directly that manufacturers the Arlo Pro 2 and they told me that they work fine even if you have a poor WiFi reception, they have obviously mislead me. Also as I had already mentioned in my review that 2 stores had also told me that they would work well with poor WiFi. So my question is why would an Arlo representative tell me that the WI FI Cameras go well even when WI Fi reception is poor. I believe that they are not educated enough with their product or they just want my money. Are you a representative for Arlo Chris because your response is not very professional if you are a representative and I was asking the question to a representative not to a customer if you are a customer and If you are a representative for Arlos then you need more training on how to speak in a professional manner to the retailer. Maybe I needed to address my concerns to an Arlo representative as it was not to the retailer. To answer your response
“Yes in my opinion it is Arlos fault (your comment) or in my words, It is Arlos obligation to train their staff on their products and give the correct information to the retailer so that the retailer does not make such an expensive mistake in purchasing a product that does not work properly or suit their needs. The reason for my comments is to educate others before they purchase this product. I am very fortunate that research and perseverance is part of who I am and am so pleased that I did as I purchased a wired more affordable camera system and it works well. I’m so pleased that I can warn others to do the same. Sorry Chris if my concerns were not clear enough to you but you may not of read my comment before that. And if you had then you would of fully understood what I was asking. Thanks.

Roachyasked

Why does nobody tell you that Arlo Pro cameras do not work well if your Wi-Fi Plan is poor and will effect other appliances in your home.

ejr1959

I don't have that experience. I have NBN at the highest speed level.
My experience is that when you do encounter tech support is sheer hell. They do not respond. They do not deliver on promises to send out replacements.

Roachy

Thanks. I agree. I have asked them twice and no response. When I did ring the company they told me that the cameras still work well with poor WiFI. I’m so glad I did my research further and asked a professional alarm guy and he told me not to get them because of my poor reception. Arlo Netgear are one of the worst company’s I have dealt with. They sell these cameras to the supplier and the supplier tells the customer that they work well also even with poor WIFI. They all have poor knowledge about their product. In the end I got a wired camera for quarter of the price and am really happy with it. Heard that you have to change the battery all the time, what a hassle. With the wired its only 6 months to once a year job.

Get an answer from our members and Netgear representatives