Netgear Arlo Smart Home Security

• Motion Detection
Sarah

SarahBrisbane

Poor factionality

I purchased the arlo pro 3 based on reviews. Unfortunately it certainly doesn't live up to the standards.

It's battery powered and I have to recharge the batteries every 2 weeks, not 2 months like the reviews stated.

They are motion activated as well, yet it will turn on and record a leaf blowing, yet the same camera won't pick up and record my neighbour abusing me in front of the camera.

It takes forever to connect to the camera and watch it live when motion is detected.

The only good thing about the cameras is the wide angle. Apart from that I will be shopping for new camera.

Purchased in March 2020 at Catch for A$1,200.00.

Greg

GregSydney, NSW

Absolute rubbish. Stay away

Stopped working after 2 weeks. Base station bricked itself. Been dealing with Arlo now for 8 months and still no replacement. Over 20 emails and same in phone calls. An absolute disgrace of a company. Should have bought Swann.

Purchased in January 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,100.00.

Motion Detection

Worst purchase I have ever made.

IF I had read reviews before purchasing this system for over $400, I never would have bought it. Most of what I read in the reviews pertains to us as well. Want to ask a question on Chat, everyone is busy! In the library 2/3 of the pictures don't appear - one has to download before able to look at them. I DON'T WANT to download every picture.
I am so disappointed.

Wireless Surveillance Systems

Find out how Netgear Arlo Smart Home Security compares to other Wireless Surveillance Systems

Battery

BatteryVictoria

Dont waste your money

Base station goes offline constantly when there is no internet disruption, I have done all the troubleshooting and there seems to be no fix. While off line the batteries are depleted. When it works its ok, but you cant rely on something that only works sometimes ....certainly not for SECURITY.

Purchased in June 2016 at JB Hi-Fi for A$530.00.

Sagar S.

Sagar S.

Not reliable

What a scam! Sends notifications of wind blowing leaves but nil notifications when a car pulled up in driveway. Should come with 1 TB hard drive at this price. Absolute waste of money for very unreliable camera

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Kim Harding

Kim HardingHunter Region, NSW

Worst Product ever purchased

Recording blank totally white. No images. Problems have been numerous and time consuming for several years. Would never recommend an Arlo product. Does not record centre of field at times

Purchased at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$360.00.

unhappy customer

unhappy customerSydney, NSW

Don't buy Absolute waste of money and poor quality system

The system is absolute rubbish. Expensive product where cheaper products must more reliable. The software is unreliable. The cameras drop out and stop working. The batter (for ultra) version only lasts for 2 weeks. I wish I had of read the reviews before I bought this product. Very angry with how poor this product is (and it is very expensive). BUYER BEWARE!

Purchased in September 2019 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for A$1,200.00.

Rhonda W.

Rhonda W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Don't waste your money,!,!

Purchased in February 2019 at JB Hi-Fi for A$1,200.00.

Camera drop out

Sick to death of the cameras going off line constantly and when they are on they just record randomly with no movement triggering them , they just trigger themselves and wear out the batteries within a week. I live 1 and a half hour from work and can't be driving into work just to re activate the cameras. Waste of money arlo

Alex

Alex

Terrible app experience

The cameras are good but the app makes this thing an absolute waste of money and effort. The app is a massive battery drainer, and geofencing does not work in the slightest. The customer have been decent when calling about issues but at the end of the day something this price should work a lot better. Avoid.

Purchased in September 2018.

Peter

Peter

Waste of money

Biggest feature “geofencing” has never worked on these cameras which have made them a very expensive paperweight. Constantly recording at home and wasting battery so they need to be recharged every couple of weeks.. look elsewhere

Purchased in January 2018 for A$700.00.

Chris M.

Chris M.

Unreliable, don't work when needed

Purchased in July 2014 at Office works for A$499.00.

Val

Val

you can do almost the whole training session in front of the camera-will not respond

I have more than 6 arlo cameras in place, a few of them are battery driven. I have noticed that the cameras which are operated by batteries are very slow in responding to any movements in front of them. What is more disturbing is that very often they don't respond AT ALL.

Purchased in December 2017.

Motion Detection

Arlo Speaker is not loud enough

We have our Arlo well over a year now, we are happy with it except that the speaker is not loud enough as they advertised. You can hardly hear the sound of it..one day I had a parcel delivery and I disperately need to speak to the delivery guy to give instructions as I was out but it was useless because the speaker wasn't loud enough to relay messages. I wish Arlo can fix that part and make improvements. Sometimes it give you notifications of motion but when you check it's not there.

Purchased in January 2017.

Jean Pierre

Jean PierreGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Batteries

the Arlo camera works great at night ,picture very clear with all types of weather.
Very reliable , you can change the sensitivity manually, for battery life, buy rechargeable 123A
As It will

Purchased in February 2019 at The Good Guys for A$300.00.

Arlo, Scam and Misc Direction

Purchased in February 2018 at Amazon for A$1,100.00.

Steve

SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rubbish

Had mine just over 12 months. I work away and the battery is flat in two weeks. If you want all footage they have to be set at 100% and then battery goes quicker. Waste of my $800 and wish i took them back

Purchased in February 2018 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Electronics for A$800.00.

Motion Detection

Great system but has issues

Appeared to be a great system - but with one flaw. Cameras regularly appear as offline (wireless) and needed to be physically reset. All good if someone's at home but an issue if off site. Would recommend hardwired.

inhale

inhaleGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not bad, not great.

Very easy to install and I have found the battery life better than I expected after reading some of these reviews.
The down side is that it only sometimes works! I had to leave for work before our nanny arrived today and so my kids were home alone for what was to be about 5 minutes. I eagerly waited for the Arlo alert so I knew she'd arrived but it never went off so I panicked and checked the recordings, nothing. I called her and she was there, she and her toddler had walked down our 30m driveway in full view of the camera and there was not one alert.
Makes me wonder what else it hasn't picked up. On the other hand, yesterday I had 112 alerts for an empty backyard with zero activity.

Rubbish!! Appears to work, until you need it.