Nexen N'Fera SU1

Nexen N'Fera SU1

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Nexen? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
  • Dry Weather Handling
cs c.
cs c.

On a very twisty racing circuit.

I drove on Nexen Nfera SU1 tyres on a very twisty racing circuit in my stock car (a stock Dacia with 115hp), ya there weren't much horsepower but I can tell you, on dry tarmac these tyres had very good grip !

Purchased in May 2020.

Noise Level
MarkVictoria

My 4 Nexen tyre experience

I’m currently running the Nexen SU1, but compared to the N8000 they are nowhere near as good the only thing the SU1 would win against the N8000 is wear rate apart from that the N8000 wins hands down. The N6000 again is a way better tyre, some say the SU1 is meant to be better than the N6000 but the N6000 is better in the wet and slightly better in the dry. This brings me to the N7000 which for me it’s more like it’s still a good tyre in the wet, dry, braking, cornering, noise & good Ks and definitely better than other cheaper tyres and even some brand tyres and still recommend them.
For me the N6000 was the perfect all round tyre unfortunately it’s not made anymore

CarHolden VYll Calais worked supercharged.

John Hillman
John HillmanNSW

Good on road tyre.

Very good tyres but we found out we could have waited a week and gotten one for free, the sound on the road is excellent and handles very well the only down side is were 24ks used and don't expect to get much more out of them very sadly enough

CarFord V8

Quiet, Smooth but 30,000 miles max

Like the other Veloster owner, mine came with the Hankook Ventus which did not last over 20,000 miles, and were generally not very quiet. I then tried Continental Extreme Contact DWS, which I liked, but still did not get more than 30,000 miles before they became very noisy and rough. After putting Nexens on my daughter's older Toyota Camry and seeing that it solved her vibration issues and held up very well, I put these on my Veloster. They are indeed very quiet and they smooth out the rough ride of the poor (but tight) suspension on the Veloster. They still only last about 30,000 miles, but they are quite a bit cheaper than the Contis. I'm now on my 3rd set of two tires (I don't rotate as often as I should).

Car2012 Hyundai Veloster

From Hankook to Nexen

I had Hankook ventus prime 2's on the front which gave a very harsh ride and wheelspinned from nearly every hillstart, just changed to these 215/40/R18 Nexens and they're almost silent compared to them and the grip is incredible, bang for buck is the correct phrase for these tyres as they punch well above their weight.

CarHyundai Veloster
resurgence
resurgenceMelbourne, Victoria

Fantastic tyres!

Purchased the Next SU1 tyres after using Nexen N3000. I drive a Mitsubishi 380 and find the tyres very grippy and with low road noise. Could not recommend them enough. I am running 225/35/20 and they seem to work well in both wet and dry conditions. They also came with 3 year roadside assistance.

CarMitsubishi 380
BDC
BDCBatemans bay

Pretty good tyres

Pretty good tires not to soft work well on easy off road tracks no to soft like my last tyres that got punctures every day
Pretty great looking tyres and gives a pretty quiet and comfortable ride
Great brand of tyre would recommend to anyone with an suv and dosent have hundreds to spend on tyres

CarNissan

Huge Fan: Changed from Bridgestone Potenzas to Nexen SU1s on BMW 3 Series

CarBMW 3 Series

Pete
PetePerth

High quality yet low cost.

Good tyres. Well made and good grip for a low cost tyre. I'll be buying again. I used 235/40x18 and 275/35x18 on my V8 S XH Falcon ute. I'll be buying more for another vehicle too if the sizes are available. We often get screwed on size availability in Oz.

CarXH Falcon V8-S ute

Quite Impressive

Had these installed on all 4 wheels of a Fiesta 09 Zetec. Lots of city and highway driving and these didn't miss a beat. Solid grip in the dry and acceptable in the wet. I think these are best of the budget tires, before it goes to the well known brands. Even better than some. Wear was slightly more than I expected, but not terrible by any standards. Shop didn't have more when I went back and had the Achilles ATR, Which in overall comparison were terrible. Definitely recommend and but these again.

Car2009 Ford Fiesta Zetec - lowered

Very comfortable and quiet

CarAudi A6 S-Line

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing Improvement.

Was recommended to try these tyres by a friend. I had gone through two sets of Continentals on a Peugeot 508 GT. The front ones lasted 20,000 K's and I changed them for the Nexens. The car now drives straight, doesn't tram track, and is incredibly much quieter. Ride and grip in the wet and dry is just as good as the Conti Sport Contact 6 tyres I had and these are about half the price! I have just ordered two more sets for two of our other vehicles. Highly recommended.

CarPeugeot 508 GT Touring

clive minshull
clive minshull

Worst tyres ever

Bought a set of these nexen nfera 245 35 19 tyres to replace the roadstone n8000 on the car from moment 1 these are terrible they track on a completely flatroad leaving you to correct the steering all the time was told by jax tyres 66.00 dollars more for alignment still the same. Never again mr nexen worst tyres ever even worse than original conventional tyres from the 70s.

Car2012 ford fg mk 2 xr6

Best tires I've ever bought

I went to a goodyear near my house to replace the NEXEN N3000 I had on the for 30k miles. At first I was a bit iffy because of the price difference but as soon as I drove out the shop the difference was day and night, my 2000 Camaro z28 rides as smooth as some newer cars I've driven this past year. I'm extremely happy with these tires and I would strongly recommend them.

Car2000 camaro z28
DansBFTSydney, NSW

THE HYPE IS PRETTY ACCURATE

Replaced my Potenzas with these tyres after researching here on PR. Theses tyres were fitted in a day the rain started so timing was perfect. Great wet grip. My XR6T has 300rwkw & these treads surprised me as to how much performance they handle. The only area the Potenzas outperformed the nexens was corner turn in/out. And that is only marginal. Noise & comfort The SU1s are amazingly silent. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't find these tyres excellent value for money.

Car2008 Xr6 turbo